Attn all cervix-fondlers!

(8 Posts)

I keep seeing references to cervices feeling big / small / hard / difficult to reach etc in relation to ovulation.

I'm a body-positive type: no issues being naked at the swimming pool, have attempted use of a mooncup on more than one occasion, at ease with my own fanjo kind of thing. I never thought until now that I am in fact a pearl-clutching couch-fainter when faced with the possibility of intimate self-knowledge, but I absolutely cannot locate my cervix never mind work out what it should feel like.

Question for the cervix-strokers: is there a knack to finding it? Are my fingers abnormally short or my vagina abnormally long, if I can't seem to locate it? And second question, what do the variations actually mean?

I should add, I'm only ever naked in the shower at the swimming pool. I'm not a secret sex pest or anything.

SarahPatricia Wed 26-Feb-14 07:33:46

I have no idea about finding your cervix, but just had to say that I love your name smile

eurochick Wed 26-Feb-14 07:35:31

It's easier to find near ovulation as it is lower then. It feels a bit like the end of your nose- less squishy than the surrounding flesh.

SuckingGin Wed 26-Feb-14 08:12:06

I think it can differ a bit for everyone, as women do come in different shapes and sizes. It is possible that you have a very long vagina/extremely short fingers and won't be able to access it, but you should be able to find it - especially during the parts of your cycle when it is sitting low down.

The best position for finding it is to squat down, and then if you still can't feel it - the fairly firm smoother bit (could be rounded or sort of conical) with the dimpled bit poking down between squishier vaginal walls - try gently bearing down like you're trying to push your finger out of your vagina. If that doesn't bring the cervix into groping range then nothing will.

I think generally speaking if the cervix is low and hard and maybe even a little dry that indicates that it isn't a fertile time. But when it goes high (possibly even out of reach when it isn't usually) the dimple (the opening) in it may feel larger and more open, the cervix will probably soften and feel very moist - due to the ewcm no doubt - and that generally indicates fertility.

bellaboo88 Wed 26-Feb-14 09:11:14

I'm new to cervix poking but I remember finding it as a teen & panicking as its always tight to the wall & I thought it was a lump! It will feel sore-ish when you're close to the hole...Google show

S -soft
H -high
O -open
W -wet

Fertile = like your lips soft
Non fertile its like too of your nose

You'll find it just try forwards instead of middle! X

Right, will go on cervix-hunt later on tonight. The ladies loo at work is probably not the best place for it... Thanks all.

bellaboo88 Thu 27-Feb-14 10:03:24

Lol just make sure you have clean hands & stay relaxed...its easier than you'd think! Good luck! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now