Coming off the pill and telling boyfriend

(3 Posts)
senorita81 Tue 25-Feb-14 19:48:44

Hey everyone,

hope some of you can help. I am 34 and my boyfriend is 40. I really want to get pregnant this year, I have baby fever like you wouldn't believe! My boyfriend wants one as well but would prefer to wait till the end of the year, but that just feels so far away right now!
I told him that I was coming off the pill now as I want to get my cycle back in order etc so he knows I am not on it anymore. He seems totally fine with me not being on the pill. So if I get pregnant whilst being off the pill, then surely he cant get upset? As I am not doing anything underhand or secretive. I think it would be much worse to pretend I'm taking it when I'm not!
Basically I'm asking, is what I'm doing fair and ok?
Also, how long did it take you to get pregnant after coming off the pill?
I'm only off it 4 days, Thanks in advance!

MavisDee Tue 25-Feb-14 19:51:52

If he wants to wait then won't you be using condoms? If not then of course it's not an underhand thing to do - you both know there is every chance you will get pregnant straight away. It took me 4 months.

SirChenjin Tue 25-Feb-14 19:54:27

You are both responsible for your own contraception. If he knows you are not taking the pill and he chooses not to wear a condom, then no - he has no right to be upset. You could get pregnant tomorrow, or it could take you months - everyone is different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now