SMEP plan - anyone want to join me? Anybody on CD7 ish?

(126 Posts)
Squeakybeaky Wed 29-Jan-14 20:07:24

I'm on CD 7 and am going to follow the smerm meets egg plan this month - is anybody in the same part of their cycle? Thought we could encourage and help each other out smile

Squeakybeaky Wed 05-Feb-14 20:48:09

Sperm meets egg plan - google it smile xx

BumpNGrind Thu 06-Feb-14 01:21:03

After my earlier post i decided to do an ovulation test and what do you know, strongest line ever! Maybe i ovulate earlier than i thought every month! Just got dh to dtd, its already been two nights in a row before tonight (just for fun ones) so hoping that his sperm isn't shagged out!

Bobo13 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:14:20

Lol! Hopefully not Bump smile

Squeakybeaky Thu 06-Feb-14 19:44:59

How you getting on girls? I am soooooo having a rest tonight! Have dtd in days 6,8,10,11,12,13,14 this cycle so now I'm going to sit back and wait! Don't think I could do anymore. Got my positive OV test on days 12 and 13 and my OV test tonight was back to very very faint!

Ha ha the things we do! Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

katecupoftea Thu 06-Feb-14 21:36:57

You deserve a rest squeaky! How long is your cycle usually? I'm on cd9, dtd on 6 and 8 so far.

atyourage Thu 06-Feb-14 22:07:57

Eggcellent work squeaky you deserve a night off!

I'm on CD 13, DTD on 6,8,10,12,13 so far. Still waiting for my CBFM to show high/peak. Hope it shows up soon.

FX for you.

Squeakybeaky Thu 06-Feb-14 22:34:48

Thanks all. Just got into bed and left hubby watching tele! Bliss!!

Bobo13 Thu 06-Feb-14 22:37:19

Enjoy the rest squeaky!! Hopefully I get my bfp this month, not sure I have the stamina for SMEP of that's what's expected!! smile
Fingers crossed for your bfp!

hazchem Fri 07-Feb-14 00:14:05

So I'm trying to follow SMEP but without the OPKs because I can;t find any to buy sad I had a little bit of EWCM this morning CD11 I wondered if I should start the 3 days of sex now. What do you think? Or should I wait for another day or two?

Rockchick1984 Fri 07-Feb-14 00:18:32

Haz I used these

hazchem Fri 07-Feb-14 01:31:24

Oh thanks Rockchick I'm on Oz so i think the delivary time will be a bit longsmile Last month the two local chemist had them in but then this month neither had them. If I end up getting my period I might order some as that will give me delivery time. Obviously hoping I don't need to

Gennz Fri 07-Feb-14 03:21:56

Hi squeaky! Good luck! I'm giving SMEP a shot too, TTC#1cycle 2. I'm CD8 today, got a faint line (not sure this means anything?). We DTD today so if the line gets stronger I'll have to jump DH tomorrow and Sunday as well ... I feel tired just thinking about it!

Squeakybeaky Fri 07-Feb-14 11:28:13

I had such a nice restful night! Was lovely! Good luck to all the newbies on this thread. X

Sleepingstarsmommy Fri 07-Feb-14 12:08:41

Im on cd15, been having flashing smileys since Monday just awaiting the fixed smiley. Been dtd every other day, despite my DH having a slight sniffle flu. Told him he can have a rest tonight and he asked is that in the plan as he will dtd if needed. What a brave soldier he is hmm

smorgasborgen Fri 07-Feb-14 14:36:25

its around cycle day 23 for me and I had a bit of spotting when I wiped. feel really sad. when this happens I kinda know , no bfp this month...
we put in so much effort this month.

anyway, I must stop wollowing! doesn't help your mood when you have t do training on your day off grrr!! anyway onwards n upwards x

Bobo13 Fri 07-Feb-14 16:04:41

Sorry to hear that smorgasborgen. Is that earlier than your af would normally be?
Oh Sleepingstarsmommy what a true soldier your DH is wink Men are great at playing the hero aren't they. They're so hard done to dtd so frequently!! grin

smorgasborgen Fri 07-Feb-14 16:59:28

earlier I think..not entirely sure of my cycle day. must stay positive hmm

Squeakybeaky Fri 07-Feb-14 21:49:36

Awwwww your dh sounds like a trooper sleeping starsmommy.

Keep positive smorgasbord, could it not possibly be implantation?

I'm 3dpo today! Can honestly say I have sore boobs but I really mustn't read anything into anything at the moment!

Sleepingstarsmommy Sat 08-Feb-14 03:24:39

Can I just say I hate IC opks. I can never decide whether the line is as dark or not and I panic over whether I will miss OV. I use clear blue in the morning have annoyingly been getting a flashing smiley since Monday and an IC in the evening. Can't decide whether the evening one is positive or not. The line looks almost the same as the control line but not quite. But what if Im interpreting it wrong and miss surge confused This TTC malarkey is making me neurotic. Currently debating waking DH up to dtd just in case, after all he did say he would if needed to although think I might be pushing my luck grin

Squeakybeaky Sat 08-Feb-14 07:10:54

Did you wake him? Hopefully you did - are you getting any other OV signs?

Sleepingstarsmommy Sat 08-Feb-14 10:00:23

Nope I didn't wake him - couldn't face the moaning today.

But at last a fixed smiley this morning DH response was thank god it's the weekend so have dtd when he woke up. Currently lying with my backside on a pillow having done the koala cycling thing waiting for him to bring me a cuppa. my temp hadn't risen yet this morning so hoping we have caught it in time.

Sleepingstarsmommy Sat 08-Feb-14 10:05:26

As for other OV signs I did get a couple of stabby pains on my left hand side yesterday evening. Certainly a bit more moist than usual although I wouldn't say it was ewcm. Haven't a clue about cervical position except its up there somewhere - haven't started monitoring this yet as feel as though I have enough to obsess over already confused

atyourage Sun 09-Feb-14 10:17:49

Morning all,

Well I'm on CD 16 today, still waiting for my CBFM to show a High/Peak but nothing yet. Have been DTD every other day since CD6 as last month I got a Peak on CD 10.

I hope my Peak shows up soon.

Can't work out this temping thing, my temp is all over the place. Does anyone ever wake up and actually get the same reading in the morning?

Here is brew and cake for all and all DH/DP's. I'm going to need more cake for extra energy to keep going!

SnowBells Sun 09-Feb-14 10:55:08

Aaaaaargh!!!

CBFM showed highs from CD 9 to CD 24. It's now CD 25 and it is now back on Low. NO PEAK.

Had on-and-off cramping since around Wednesday. Might have been ovulation pain.

But Wednesday was also the last time we DTD, as DH's work has been quite stressful over the last 2 weeks. Darn it.

Does anyone know what the CBFM monitor detects to go from high to low??? I've read it automatically goes to "low" after 20 readings. but why ask for a test stick, if it's going to show "low" anyway???

Squeakybeaky Sun 09-Feb-14 14:26:10

Sorry snowbells I have no experience of the CBFM! I really hope that somehow you have done enough though, good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now