SMEP plan - anyone want to join me? Anybody on CD7 ish?

(126 Posts)
Squeakybeaky Wed 29-Jan-14 20:07:24

I'm on CD 7 and am going to follow the smerm meets egg plan this month - is anybody in the same part of their cycle? Thought we could encourage and help each other out smile

MarvellousMechanicalMouseOrgan Mon 03-Feb-14 19:50:47

Posted too soon. What's the reasoning behind DTD before the positive OPK? Doesn't the OPK give you 24-48 hours notice of ovulation?

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 03-Feb-14 19:52:35

Just be careful! DS was on board but didn't cope overly well with the pressure of ttc and SMEP mealy finished him off.
If your oh might possibly be similar, then perhaps just guide him in the right direction without actually mentioning the plan! wink grin

Squeakybeaky Mon 03-Feb-14 19:54:28

Marvellous! It's best to have sperm up there already for the egg when it's released. Sperm can live up to 7 days up there so I guess it's just increasing the chances smile

I had a faint line on day 8, no line on day 9 and 10, a string line on day 11 and a really really strong line today on day 12.

Squeakybeaky Mon 03-Feb-14 19:55:28

Oh I haven't mentioned the plan ha ha. He got excited about the positive OPk though ha ha

hazchem Mon 03-Feb-14 23:55:05

Well I went to the chemist to get some OPKs today and they were sold out! Going to be a lot of babies in my town soon smile I'll try at another one either this arvo or tomorrow. I explained the SPEM plan to OH today and he was like oh that is pretty much what we did when DS was conceived which is true although we didn't do it to a plan then.

KittyVonCatsington Tue 04-Feb-14 06:20:59

Marvellous-the reasoning behind it is so that you have a store of sprem waiting when your egg is released. The OPKs are not 100 exact as each of us may have shorter LH surges or longer ones. Therefore, having sperm ready gives you a greater chance of conceiving rather than waiting for the ego to be released after and missing out!

katecupoftea Tue 04-Feb-14 19:34:37

On cd7, dtd yesterday so planning on tomorrow too etc. Last month though, although we weren't ttc I did do OPKs to understand my cycle more and seemed to ov on cd 16, only giving me a 10 day lp. Which is not good, no?
How are those who are in the middle of the plan holding up?

Squeakybeaky Tue 04-Feb-14 19:39:40

I'm on day 13 today so pretty much middle cycle. I got another VERY strong line on OPK tonight so another night of go go go! Ha ha

Squeakybeaky Tue 04-Feb-14 19:43:34

I'm not sure about lp whether shorter or longer is better

katecupoftea Tue 04-Feb-14 19:50:00

Ooh just looked at opk and there is a very faint line. I wonder if maybe I missed the whole thing last month and actually ov'd earlier? This whole thing is confusing.

Squeakybeaky Tue 04-Feb-14 19:54:03

I had a faint line on day 8

Squeakybeaky Tue 04-Feb-14 19:54:40

But. Not strong til day 12

hazchem Wed 05-Feb-14 06:48:49

feeling a bit down in the dumps. I've got brownish discharge today and also yesterday even though my period ended on CD 5 and today is CD9. My periods are normally pretty short but I had a stupidly long on off one last time ( after a miscarriage) and feel like this one is going to be the same. I just want to a) get on with making a baby and b) make love to my partner. ekkk

ImBrian Wed 05-Feb-14 07:36:30

I attemptemed smep this month and by tge time I got a +ov he was sick of the sight of me. Managed it both days I had a positive but thats it : /
Hazchem, my cycle after my mc was strange. I had bleeding and brown stuff from cd12-16. I also got pregnant smile Fingers crossed for you.

Bobo13 Wed 05-Feb-14 09:43:53

I have only just heard of SMEP plan. We did something like it. Didn't dtd as much prior to +opk as we normally would, but dtd the day of +opk and the next night. Tried again last night, but DH was too tired. wondering if we should try again tonight. Got the +opk on Sunday, but did feel like I ov'd on Monday. Any thoughts on whether to try again?

hazchem Wed 05-Feb-14 09:45:53

Oh that is cheering news "ImBrain". Now I just have to try to wait up for OH. who is on a late shift tonight smile

Squeakybeaky Wed 05-Feb-14 13:02:51

Bobo dtd tonight then that will be your miss a night and have one more shot. I am quite keen just to go to sleep tonight but we'll see ;)

Bobo13 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:45:02

Thanks Squeaky....will give that a go. If no BFP this month then I think I'll follow the plan strictly next month.
Do you feel like you've ovulated? It could be you're due to ovulate tomorrow....maybe you could have an early night then kick start tomorrow by dtd! grin

Squeakybeaky Wed 05-Feb-14 13:50:19

I feel as though I ovulated yesterday. Reckon we'll prob dtd again tonight! Why not. Can't do early mornings as already have 2 little ones who were both in my bed last night due to the awful weather!

BumpNGrind Wed 05-Feb-14 13:53:05

I'm on cd 9 today but I only have 24 day cycles and i haven't started opk testing yet, I've had some shap pains which have made me think its about now, but last month i ov on cd 14 so don't know what's going on.

I think I'm going to have to do an ov test tonight just in case. We've dtd on cd 7 and 8 so far so fx that even if I don't know if I've ov, then i might have caught it anyway.

Good luck with the plan, hope you all sign in here with bfp's in the new few weeks!!

MarvellousMechanicalMouseOrgan Wed 05-Feb-14 18:13:49

My OPKs are not playing ball. A couple of days of very faint lines, and today nothing.

Mummy2Bea Wed 05-Feb-14 18:53:32

Day 10 no line on opk. Struggling to get it done in the afternoon as at work so wondering if has something to do with it as was expecting maybe faint line by now? Dtd days 6 and 8 and will do tonight even though I'm shattered! Hope everyone else is getting on well? smile

SnowBells Wed 05-Feb-14 19:08:14

I'm on Day 21 (!!!) and have so far yet to hit 3 bars / egg on the CBFM...

ImBrian Wed 05-Feb-14 19:34:10

Im having problems pinning down ovulation as well. Im on cd20 and have ewcm and stabby pains but my +opks were on saturday and sunday!
Are you testing twice a day? I was testing at lunch time and about 7pm. The lines git stronger and then the last 3 days have faded. I read simewhere that if you only test once you might miss it.

Missteacake Wed 05-Feb-14 19:53:11

What is the SEMP plan? Am I being really silly is it obvious smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now