SMEP plan - anyone want to join me? Anybody on CD7 ish?

(126 Posts)
Squeakybeaky Wed 29-Jan-14 20:07:24

I'm on CD 7 and am going to follow the smerm meets egg plan this month - is anybody in the same part of their cycle? Thought we could encourage and help each other out smile

Rockchick1984 Thu 30-Jan-14 08:23:17

Just wanted to wish you good luck - the month I tried SMEP I fell pregnant, am now 35 weeks!

MarvellousMechanicalMouseOrgan Thu 30-Jan-14 09:05:40

I'll give it a go, although we're having so little sex at the moment I can't see us actually managing it!

Squeakybeaky Thu 30-Jan-14 12:55:57

That's encouraging to know rock chick thanks for that smile marvellous what CD are you on?
I'm on CD8 today - dtd on CD6 and will tonight on CD8 I've just done an OPK and have a faint line which I think means nothing but still exciting smile

Anybody else want to join us?

Mummy2Bea Thu 30-Jan-14 14:20:59

Hi I've decided to try this now too. Had a cervical ectopic in September which was pretty traumatic one way and another. Have DD and it happened first cycle so was hoping it might be the same this time round but it seems not. Good luck!

Mummy2Bea Thu 30-Jan-14 14:25:57

Oh... On CD4. Bought a load of cheapo opks from amazon so ready to gosmile

akachan Thu 30-Jan-14 14:36:47

I'm in 2ww but managed a pitiful amount of sex this month so I am smepping next month unless I get a surprising result!

MarvellousMechanicalMouseOrgan Thu 30-Jan-14 14:42:33

I'm on day 6.

smorgasborgen Thu 30-Jan-14 15:09:09

hi all!! (v tired wave from all the DTD ing!)

could I join? I'm on CD 15. really strange period last month long but light following a mc a couple of months ago so put it down t that. problem its left me not knowing what was the first day of the cycle!

anyway trying t do it as much as possible but u do feel really guilty if u miss a night.

it just seems so important t get pregnant this month...hmm I guess if Im ahead of you, I could give u hope if I get prego! wink

KittyVonCatsington Thu 30-Jan-14 19:00:13

Tried it last month/cycle and it didn't work sad

On CD8 now of the new cycle and already DTD this morning. It's nice to have a plan to help you feel in control, I think. FX this month it works; for all of us!

Squeakybeaky Thu 30-Jan-14 22:05:28

Yes fingers crossed for us! We are off to bed in a Min;)

Squeakybeaky Sat 01-Feb-14 17:00:20

How is everyone getting on - we are on CD10 today. But still very very faint OPK's. is anyone following the plan? We have dtd on day 6, day 8 and will tonight on day 10 so far.

KittyVonCatsington Sat 01-Feb-14 17:37:19

Got my first flashing smiley on CB Digi this morning, on CD10! Earlier than I thought it would be grin. Hope the non-flashing smiley comes soon...

smorgasborgen Sat 01-Feb-14 18:33:35

its really hard going this smep plan. we did it every other day then every night from positive opk. gone back t a faint line so should I have a day off now? so tired! and I think my husband would really really a night off! x

smorgasborgen Sat 01-Feb-14 19:03:14

oh gosh, just did an opk for today and a strong positive.very confused! I can't face DTD ... but will wonder what if at the end of the month! blush

MarvellousMechanicalMouseOrgan Sat 01-Feb-14 19:07:53

I'm rather dreading it all!

smorgasborgen Sat 01-Feb-14 19:43:58

just don't start too early in your cycle that's all I'll say otherwise partner will start avoiding been in the same room as you come ovulation time! shock

Squeakybeaky Sun 02-Feb-14 21:08:23

Smorgasbord I'd do tonight and then night off tomorrow if I were you. Are you using cheap OPK's? Mine was darker today than it was yesterday.

hazchem Sun 02-Feb-14 22:20:08

I'm on CD7 here. We DTD this morning and wondering if We should do it tomorrow to get into the even number days or just go for CD 9 instead? Any thoughts. Hopefully I'll pick up so OPK tomorrow.

Squeakybeaky Mon 03-Feb-14 12:52:34

Don't think you need to be on even days hazchem! Good luck! So far I have dtd on day 6,8,10,11.

smorgasborgen Mon 03-Feb-14 17:49:28

Saturday was a strong positive as well! DTD sat morning (two in the morning )! and Sunday mid day...
that's it now though. I love him but no more can be done!!! smile

smorgasborgen Mon 03-Feb-14 17:54:06

oh, squeaky beaky using superdrug own brand opks - five opks. blue box with baby on the front. 😅

SnowBells Mon 03-Feb-14 17:56:00

Our plan is: Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.

That works out almost as SMEP. But last week, DH couldn't do it Thursday as he was too tired. sad

Squeakybeaky Mon 03-Feb-14 19:43:12

I got a very strong line on an OPK this evening so I reckon it's all go for us now for the next 3 days then I'll have that rest day and one more!

Good luck smorgasbord sounds like you've done all you can do smile

MarvellousMechanicalMouseOrgan Mon 03-Feb-14 19:49:42

I'm using cheap internet OPKs, got a faint line today so hopefully a strong line will come tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now