Ski Sunday music ready, the BESH are Bobsleighing their way through the icy slopes of hope and despair to win their medals

(1000 Posts)
cherrycoconut Sat 25-Jan-14 09:39:49

If you’re over 30, ttc over 12 months and wearing nipple tassels under your snowsuit then this just might be the thread for you - if you can prove yourself bitter and evil enough. We’ll be the judge of that. Don your snowsuit , cowbell ready - fill in the BESHtionnaire and prepare to meet our icy glare. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

cherrycoconut Sat 25-Jan-14 09:40:27

Revised Beshtionnare for reference

1) Do you like gin? (This is compulsory, you must say 'Yes')

2) Men - are you a gold digger or a cradle snatching cougar?

3) Baybee-making - to put a baybee in your tumtum, which hole do you use:
a) weewee
b) poopoo
c) foofoo
d) none, you just pray to the baby Jebus.

4) Testing - when someone wonders if they should test for updiff (pg), do you:
a) bellow 'POAS!' at them non-stop and punch them repeatedly in the kidneys till they wet themselves anyway.
b) Sprinkle them with babydust and send them hugs and kisses on lickle baby angel wings.

5) Is R2D2:
a) an adorable robot from Star Wars.
b) the source of all evil.

6) Number of pets?

7) Inappropriate (read: weird) crush of shame?

8) Lesbian crush?

9) How much money have you spent on sticks you then urinate on?
a) Oh nothing, I'll probably catch first time and then get the doctor to confirm it.
b) Over 100 quid
c) I opened an account on ebay solely for the purpose of purchasing sticks
10) Which of these sentences is appalling:
a) Off to see the consultant today!!! So excited!!!!!
b) Gud luck hun sprinkling babydust for ya lol xxx
c) both of the above
11) How barren are you?
a) childless and TTC for at least one year
b) one child and TTC #2 for at least two years
c) I've been trying for 2 cycles and the wait is driving me mad!

If (c) then the BESH is not the thread for you.

Bearfacedchic Sat 25-Jan-14 09:42:42

<Slides in on a bin liner> Just marking my place.

<waddles in>

<throws self on comfy sofa by roaring log fire>

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 25-Jan-14 10:12:55

<snowboards in>
<falls over, collapsed in heap>

evilgiraffe Sat 25-Jan-14 10:20:05

I misread "bobsleighing" as "blowjobbing" - probably not the way to end up diffed... grin

<clambers into après ski hot tub>

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 25-Jan-14 10:23:53

Gets the party started though draf smile

FriendofDorothy Sat 25-Jan-14 10:29:29

I am just here for the apres ski.

Dammit, I had a link fail on the final post of t'other fred blush

ControlGeek Sat 25-Jan-14 10:50:13

<gets the nurses to push my bed over the edge of the run> wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

eurochick Sat 25-Jan-14 10:58:57

<rings cowbells>

<falls over and lands in snowdrift>

<gives up and sticks to the apres>

Nice new fred, cherry.

geek 16 eggsies is brilliant. Well done.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 25-Jan-14 11:19:45

<Rides in on the back of a snow leopard>

Hags I've had an emotional morning and nearly passed out at the hospital. I need gin, lots of gin.

Nutshell: Egg collection is on Tuesday but Ovaries doing a bit too well so I'm a risk for OHSS (Google it) and there is a chance they'll have to freeze all my embies and not put any back so I have extra scan appts and pills to take. Lots of info to take in and remember and I was there on my own and felt really overwhelmed.

Off for a little nap now to recover.

evilgiraffe Sat 25-Jan-14 12:47:42

<hugs bugs >

Hopefully they've managed to catch it in time to stave off OHSS smile

TheBuggerlugs Sat 25-Jan-14 12:59:00

Me too. They're doing all they can and so am I. Someone on the 10+ thread has just given me some brilliant advice so even if I get it hopefully I can shift it without the need to freeze the embies.

I've just woolfed down a big bar of dairy milk fruit and nuts in less than 3 minutes and now feel a bit sick.

I was planning to do loads today but I'm so washed out I'm having another sofa day instead.

MissHobart Sat 25-Jan-14 14:54:18

<misjudges the ski jump and barrels through a crowd of baby dusters>

Marking my place. grin

Oh Bugs, try not to stress. They've given you advice and options so at least you've not been left to it by yourself. Dairy Milk is definitely a good thing in these circumstances.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 25-Jan-14 16:18:55

After a chat with the nurse that rang me from the clinic with my ec time and a bit of a Google I feel a bit more confident that I know what I can do myself to minimise the risks. I'm still feeling emotionally exhausted today and quite numb. I think I'll have a nice shower and an early night tonight. I know this next week is going to be physically and mentally tough but I know I'll get through it.

Bearfacedchic Sat 25-Jan-14 16:24:22

We're with you Bugs. Glad you're feeling a bit better about it. Of course you can do it because a) you're a BESH and b) you're you. smile Here, have the cod of comfort. I've had it for far too long.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 25-Jan-14 16:41:04

<Grabs cod of comfort; Starfish of strength; and pufferfish of patience>

eurochick Sat 25-Jan-14 18:56:16

EC is the most stressful bit bugs and that will be over and done with very soon. I guess you are triggering tomorrow?. Once you are past that it is just a fancy smear (ET) and some menkulling.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 25-Jan-14 19:14:21

Yep trigger tomorrow then Monday is drug free (apart from the aspirin and Cabergoline, or crazy pills as GP has named them as the side effects are a bit mental)

ControlGeek Sat 25-Jan-14 19:51:28

bugs sorry you had a shitter of an appointment, and on your own at that. I'm glad the lady on the other fred, and the nurse at your clinic, was able to give you some additional advice. The hard part's nearly over now, then it's just the menkulling you have to worry about.

AFM, after the excitement of getting 16 eggs they then came in to tell me that of all the millions in MrG's deposit, they were struggling to find 16 that actually moved, like, at all. So would we mind hanging fire as MrG might have to go again. God, the poor love. Thankfully we were told about an hour or so later that they had managed to get all they needed. So this is it, definitely our last shot at having 'our' baybee. Bricking it about fertilisation, but it's all out of our hands now. Just got to keep drinking the water, eating the salty stuff and start with the bum bullets tonight. Doner kebab and chips for tea tonight grin

HesterShaw Sat 25-Jan-14 20:01:51

<performs elegant parallel turn sending up sheet of powder and glides to a halt>

Hold tight Bugs. If it's only "a risk" then there's a good chance of it not happening, I guess. Do they not put embies back into someone who has had that? Is that the form?

Geek, how stressful sad. At least they got some in the end. Would there have been any more if he had had to perform again? Doesn't matter now, I guess.

We're going out for someone's birthday this evening to the Chinese. Will I be able to abstain? Hopefully everyone else won't be wasted. Maybe I'll try some of that alcohol free lager. The days of Kaliber are long gone.

eurochick Sat 25-Jan-14 20:21:25

hest HCG (if a pregnancy results) can worsen OHSS so if it is a real risk, I think there is a preference to freeze and put the embies back later.

geek what a stress! I'm glad you got there in the end.

TheBuggerlugs Sat 25-Jan-14 20:39:36

Geek and Euro did you notice any ovulation signs when you were close to EC? My nipples hurt which I normally get before I ovulate, whilst I'm down regging I can't ovulate naturally right?

This thread is not accepting new messages.