The dreaded 2 week wait...anyone fancy joining me?

(385 Posts)
Harry2007 Tue 07-Jan-14 21:13:18

So it's my first cycle of ttc number 3. I'm only 2dpo but I'm so, so impatient! grin

Anyone else entering the 2ww madness? X

I'm trying to stay positive. I'm wondering if today's period type pains could be to do with implantation. I'm only 5-6 dpo. Just purchased some pg tests online. They say you can test 4dys before missed AF. I think I'm going to be very tempted to poas when they arrive!

Even though I have 1DS already I've never actually poas before as I found out I was having him when I was admitted to hospital. So it's all very new and exciting!

Mrsmorrison13 Wed 08-Jan-14 18:02:33

Hi everyone , yes a lot of keyboard gangsters around lol glad I've met a lovely wee bunch here and over on my implantation bleeding thread :-)) so today I'm 9 DPO another bfn this morning , I totally knew it was going to be the case lol as it's too early as it wasn't a frer but I have enough tests to test each morning until Sunday. My cramping really peaked at 4-5 DPO and have settled to nothing now my boobs are still tender but it feels weird as I'm closer to af now so you would think it's the other way around ? I am going to be so disappointed as I've actually convinced myself this cycle is the one lol . Af due on Friday so we will see the tests I use are 20 whatever sensitivity so I'm not sure when they would show a positive ? Oh and also my new obsession watching you tube videos of people getting there bfb - I know I've officially lost it right ? Lol shock

Mrsmorrison13 Wed 08-Jan-14 18:04:04

* BFP sorry lol

StrawbRhi Wed 08-Jan-14 18:38:48

Hi ladies, may I join you?

Been ttc #2 for 2 years now (seriously trying for a year). I have PCOS and am on my 4 or 5th cycle of clomid. I've lost count!

Ov late in cycle on cd32, honestly thought I wasn't going to this month! Dtd that night but not before or since due to illness.

Now 5/6 dpo and starting to get anxious. Kept falling asleep yesterday, been really grouchy and temps are up so far. Had some twinges yesterday but very faint and brief so Not taking them into consideration. And I have this weird feeling that this is 'it', which is weird because I'm naturally really negative!

Not sure if I even want to test next week just in case it's another negative!

Mrsmorrison13 Wed 08-Jan-14 19:13:51

Welcome strawb smile

Sounds good fingers crossed I think there is a lot to be said about guy instinct x

Lottystar Wed 08-Jan-14 19:15:10

Awr Smorgasborgen, you had your mc around the same time as me. Makes ttc even harder in some respects as I know if I get a bfp again I'll be worried sick all 9 months!

20 is quite sensitive, it seems you can begin testing a few days before your af due date.

Isn't it uncanny how we are all actively ttc, in the 2ww and having pregnancy symptoms? I know hormonal symptoms are similar but psychologically the very wish to be pregnant is soooo powerful. I'm honestly frightened to test this month, can't bear the anticipation for another negative.

Lottystar Wed 08-Jan-14 19:18:53

Btw ladies I'm a self diagnosed poas addict. Promised myself not to do a test until the day my af is due next Tues / Weds. Going to be super hardx

Sometimesbrunette Wed 08-Jan-14 19:23:34

I'm 7 days to go. Had a few low stabbing pains over the past few days but that's it. I'm considering not doing an early pregnancy test tomorrow either, figure any test will let me know for sure nearer the time and they are damn expensive

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 20:56:17

Hi

TTC Baby number 2. DD is now 16 month and I so much want another one. :-)

This is my 4th cycle since we decided to go for it again but it the first cycle I am taking it more serious and with OPK the fist time as well and boom, a smily face and DTT the day after. Now I am 8DPO and have 7 days to go. Next Wednesday is my test day and of curse I ordered some tests from amazon too. ;-)

It drives me nuts!!!!

So glad we have found each other....

Important!

When are your test days???? Mine is 15/1 ( but will give it a shot on the 14th grin

Hi star. I'm due to test on 17th but was thinking of testing in 14th too. I know it's early but I'm going insane here!

Lottystar Wed 08-Jan-14 21:07:33

My d day starts from the 17th as well x

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 21:21:50

DPO blood urin save to test

OV+12 20-59 1,90-13,10
OV+13 33-91 8-35 10er
OV+14 57-140 20-59 25 er
OV+15 100-252 33-91 10er / 25er/ 50er

From this table testing could be done 12 days PO with a 10er and it might show if you are lucky and on 13PO with a 10 or 25 but you might get false negatives.....
Having said that you all need to be very sure when OV has taken place otherwise it does not work.

If you want to see the complete table ( colour coded etc, its in German but pretty staightforaed type in hgc tabelle into GOOGLE
www.wunschkinder.net/forum/file/3/.../filename=SST-HCG-Tabelle.pdf‎

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 21:25:18

sorry table ended up very unclear.

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 21:27:26

Starchild 15 January
Polythenegirl 17 January
Lottystar 17 January

.......let keep collecting :-)

MooMa1d Wed 08-Jan-14 21:34:54

I'm on 2WW but for some reason don't feel very confident about it - no signs or otherwise other than extra cm which is unusual 5dpo for me.

I just don't 'feel' pregnant... but then why would I hmm

Doesn't help that i'm so impatient

Hermionewastherealhero Wed 08-Jan-14 21:37:21

I am ttc baby number 2, my DS is 16 months. This is our 2nd cycle. I said we would be relaxed until the summer but I am obsessed. My 2ww ends next wed or thur I think.
Fingers crossed for everyone.

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 21:47:41

Starchild 15 January
Polythenegirl 17 January
Lottystar 17 January
Hermionewastherealhero 17/18 January

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 21:50:36

Hermi... My daughter is also 16 month. So they would be a perfect 2 years apart.... I am really hoping for a little friend for my little girl....

GlitterLily11 Wed 08-Jan-14 22:10:15

Hey ladies. Im 12dpo today, got a faint line on an ic so will test again tomorrow friday :-)

Ive had loads of symptoms, but the most noticeable for me was:

4-8dpo, strong cramping
8-10dpo, change in cm, it was ew but tinged yellow
10dpo, totes emotional. Cried at an advert cos the dog looked sad and cried uncontrollably at a song on the radio
11dpo-12dpo, can smell EVERYTHING!!!

FX u all get your bfps this month xx

MooMa1d Wed 08-Jan-14 22:12:28

Oooooh glitterlily grin

starchildmum Wed 08-Jan-14 22:17:12

Congratulations Glitter. A faint line IS a line!!!! So happy for you. Look forward to hear a BIGFP on Friday.

I have had some signs too.... cramping since 5 days :-(
It started 4DPO and now I am 8DPO and I have strong period like pains and really tiered...
Hope its not all psychological.

xxmissbrightsidexx Wed 08-Jan-14 22:23:59

I'm joining in smile so many symptoms but no doubt they're all in my head lol x

GlitterLily11 Wed 08-Jan-14 22:27:19

Thanks starchildmum I had the cramping too, annoying isnt it! Especially when we want it to mean something lol. Fx its a positive sign xx

Congrats Glittet, got my fx for you. I've had terrible cramping and back ache today (5dpo). I'm hoping this is a good sign.

DH has just upset menu suggesting I'm setting myself up to be disappointed. I'm fully aware of this, I don't need it pointing out and I am right to be excited at the possibility of getting the one thing I really want! Now I feel like I'm not allowed to be upset if I get a bfn. Pft no dtd for him tonight!!

Harry2007 Wed 08-Jan-14 22:40:16

Ooh, it's been busy on here! Harry waves to all newcomers!

I've been slightly distracted this evening as running my own business with a small child running around and refusing to go to bed has proved quite a challenge!

So it's 3dpo for me today but feels like 20dpo iykwim!

Feeling quite cramps and insatiably thirsty but that's it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now