About to start / Just started TTC no.2 (part 3)

(487 Posts)
Lucyjojo Sat 14-Dec-13 00:35:24

Part 3 for a chatty lot!
3 is the magic number, good things come in 3s, so here is hoping we get plenty more BFPs.....

HungryHorace Mon 13-Jan-14 09:33:31
SwedeAway Mon 13-Jan-14 04:46:27

Ok, new thread up and running. See you there.

SwedeAway Mon 13-Jan-14 04:42:36

Thanks everyone. Will try to start new thread (never done it before). Keep a look out for 'About to start / Just started TTC no.2 (part 4)'.

Lucyjojo Sun 12-Jan-14 22:04:27

Hi everyone.
Mrs I think you should ban yourself from google! Why are you looking up problems and things for you to worry yourself about! If the doctors and midwives aren't worried then neither should you be. Wait until your 20 week scan to see if it is still an issue then, and in the meantime stop googling!!
Sorry about your DS ATruth, glad DH is there to take care of him though so you can get on with work/rest.
Swede go ahead and start a new thread, I hope it brings you some luck as the mumsnet gods weren't smiling too kindly on me when I did it!!
Well I did another opk this afternoon and while it wasn't as strong as the control line I got my strongest line yet from the past couple of days. I have dtd a crazy amount this week and will continue eod for another week or so. Am I in danger of doing it too much though!!?
I'm not feeling at all hopeful for this cycle. I am still in the mindset that it is never actually going to happen for me, but I feel weirdly calm and relaxed about it all. DD is being an absolute horror at the moment and driving me bonkers so this may have something to do with it...

Windywinston Sun 12-Jan-14 20:24:48

Mrs, step away from Dr Google! If you had a serious/life threatening problem I'm fairly sure they would have mentioned it. It's too early on for a low placenta to be a concern. If you have a low placenta at the 20 week scan they'll scan you later to check. In most cases it has moved out of the way by the time it matters. I don't blame you for googling though, I do it all the time then freak out!

Swede, go for it, you don't need a reminder every time you come her.

Ooh, and for my 2 pennies worth on the drinking front, I had one unit at 35 weeks last time, that was it, but it had taken me so long to get pregnant that I was terrified that if I did anything wrong I'd lose DD and never get pregnant again. I'm a bit more chilled out this time. I had half a glass of red with Christmas dinner and a glass of prosecco at NYE, but I decided not to have a drink for my birthday and I won't have another unless I have a very special occasion to do so. To each her own though, as long as you don't have more than a couple of units and you're not doing it all the time I'm sure it's fine, previous generations didn't hold back!

donnas1984 Sun 12-Jan-14 18:55:18

mrs no problems whatsoever I had thr easiest pregnancy in history with dd plus a wee extra scan in my 3rd trimestergrin . xx

Metalhead Sun 12-Jan-14 18:27:02

No problem re: new thread Swede, totally understand why.

mrs Google is definitely a double-edged sword when it comes to health issues! You can read all kinds of horror stories on there, which most of the time are probably extremely unlikely to happen to you. I know it's hard not to (I'm guilty of it myself) but try not to stress yourself out unnecessarily by Googling.

And hi noyoucant, I remember you from the missing AF thread. Glad you're on a new cycle now, hopefully this was just a one off and you'll be more regular again in the future (or better still get a BFP
straight away!)

Monstersaurus Sun 12-Jan-14 18:16:03

Swede, no problem with a new thread from me either.

mrs - step away from google! When's your nhs 20 week scan? Can you ask there and hopefully reassure yourself?

Swede - great plan. Lucy may want to start it again, but I suspect she won't mind you doing it.

Sorry for short message. I have a croupy boy so am knackered after a long sleepless night. I'm actually in bed now while DH looks after him for a while, but I'm having to plan lessons and write reports so just popped in to say hi.

HungryHorace Sun 12-Jan-14 16:05:05

Go for it, Swede. This thread isn't here to make people feel sad. xx

SwedeAway Sun 12-Jan-14 15:59:23

Hi everyone! Have a small (huge) favor to ask. Can I start a new (continuing this one) thread for us. Every time I log in I see my bfp message and it makes me so sadsad Obviously if you don't agree then we can continue here. I would love to start it (to give me some good luck, maybe) but happy for someone else to go ahead. Just want to move on...

mrsm22 Sun 12-Jan-14 15:50:45

Thanks Noyou and Hungry and Donna.
Hungry - I think we could both worry ourselves into a state of panic!
Donna - you are my saving grace today, to hear that. Were there any problems with your low lying placenta like bleeds or did it just move and did you have to take it more easy or anything or again have I just read horror stories?

donnas1984 Sun 12-Jan-14 15:10:48

mrs you crazy mofo get off google this instance! I had a low lying placenta with dd at 20 week scan so got another at 32 weeks and everything was fine xxx

HungryHorace Sun 12-Jan-14 14:40:04

9+3. It's going so slowly! That's the peril of finding out at 3+3!

What are the blood tests for? I'd get DTD as at least you know where you are now!

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Sun 12-Jan-14 14:26:23

hungry that's what I'm hoping, as long as bloods don't show anything can have a proper try this month. I did get a bit stressed out in November as I worked more, so maybe it was that.
How many weeks are you now?

HungryHorace Sun 12-Jan-14 14:08:23

Noyou, maybe you had two consecutive cycles where you didn't ovulate. Most women have 1-2 a year, so maybe yours were back to back?

Mrs, I'm sure Noyou is right so please don't worry.

But I'm as bad as you as I just googled lack of morning sickness as since a horrendous start I've barely had any, and I've now scared myself witless about miscarriage. :-/ We need to both be banned from Google!

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Sun 12-Jan-14 13:45:25

Time not tube

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Sun 12-Jan-14 13:44:57

Mrsm, a low placenta at 16 weeks might be a normal one at 20 weeks. As the uterus stretches and grows the placenta will often move up. If it is still low at 20 weeks it has plenty of tube to move up before delivery. What your reading about are worst case scenarios. It is much more likely it will move up and not be a problem.

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Sun 12-Jan-14 13:41:01

I haven't been on the pill for years, I usually have 26ish day regular cycles so the last few months are a bit odd. I think my cycle is still there as this AF has turned up after approx 3x26 days and I have had cramps at about the right times.
Seeing GP for blood test results on Friday.

mrsm22 Sun 12-Jan-14 12:46:43

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a good weekend? Well I did a very silly thing last night and went on Google and came across some things which have terrified the life out of me and now I am in a huge stress about this pregnancy. I'm really hoping one of you or some if you can help if anyone knows anything about this, and I apologise in advance for the self-centred post!
Ok as you all know, I'm a big worrier and total stress head so it doesn't take much to worry me. I know my DH thinks I'm a loony and being ridiculous and he told me off last pregnancy for going on Google. I should be banned. I wish I hadn't gone for the private scan at 16 weeks to find out the gender, I wish I had just waited for the 20 week scan because at the private scan (2 weeks ago), they print you a report of all their findings and where it asks about placenta location, the sonographer has just put 'Posterior low'. At the time I didn't ask much about that as she said everyone's placenta is either anterior (at the front) or posterior (at the back) and that it didn't matter and that mine was low but would probably move as most do before birth. So I was happy with that and I remember at my 20 week scan with DS I had an anterior low lying placenta which moved quickly after. My problem is that last night while on the net I came across information on posterior low lying placentas and it sounds extremely dangerous and actually life threatening. I've read some stuff that says to watch out for bleeding and haemorrhaging and that the placenta can rupture etc and you can bleed to death and that I could end up with a long stay in hospital which would really depress me as I'd be away from my DS and I hate hospitals. I'm just confused because the woman who did my private scan two weeks ago never indicated anything bad, she said everything looked great. I just wish I had asked more while I was there, like I should have asked is the placenta just low or is it actually covering the cervix and if low, how low. I'm now waiting to have a bleed and be admitted to hospital. Other info on the net says it's nothing to worry about at all. Can anyone put me out of my misery at all? I don't know if anyone has any experience of this but I just want to enjoy my pregnancy. I do have my 20 week scan in just over two weeks so obviously I will find out more then but in the meantime I'm just going to worry. I wondered if I should ring the private clinic tomorrow and ask what was meant by posterior low as I'm sure they must keep record of all the scans. Am I a total nutcase?

HungryHorace Sun 12-Jan-14 10:25:07

Kt, they'll use LMP until the scan, then go from there. :-)

My sickness has died down loads. I sometimes feel a touch queasy, but nothing too drastic. There's still the odd throwing up moment, but they're few and far between. It worries me a bit as I like the reassurance. But as Better is having the same experience this time too I'm hopeful it's ok.

Hi, Noyou! At least AF has finally arrived. Remind me when you came off the pill / your previous cycles.

Kt1991 Sun 12-Jan-14 10:15:59

Morning all, hope you get your BFP this week monster! Your due on my bday smile
Same here hungry I got pregnant both times over a boozy period, was DH (then DPS) birthday and I was 6 weeks pregnant didn't realize and got very drunk, and then last Saturday I got quite tipsy as people were buying doubles, was only out for about an hour and a half aswell lol. As i had got the BFN on the Friday.I won't touch alcohol now though until after DC is born, think I'm a worrier like you mrs!
lucy I'm doing okay thanks, cramps are doing my head in though, haven't had any sickness yet, although still early days, really hoping I don't get any for this pregnancy either! I don't cope with sick. How are you this weekend lucy?
How's the sickness aswell hungry hope it's died down for you now! I'm not sure whether I say I'm 4 or 5 weeks now as LmP was 3rd Dec, but because of my cycles being every 34/35 days and not sure when ovulation deffo was what dates they would say?
Welcome back noyoucant how frustrating for you for it to finally turn up so late, hope it is a one off and you can get some answers smile how long ago did you come off the pill?

Monstersaurus Sun 12-Jan-14 10:00:37

Welcome noyoucant. Hope you get your results soon.

People can be so insensitive Lucy. I've had a few people enquiring about the possibility of us having a second recently. Feel bad saying something along the lines of not yet, maybe in the future but what else can you do?

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Sun 12-Jan-14 08:38:58

Hi, I've been lurking and on a missing AF thread BFN for a while. My AF has eventually turned up on CD77. I'm waiting for some blood test results for thyroid/hormone levels. I'm hoping its just a blip and I'll go back to normal then we can get on with TTC no 2.
Hope everyone is doing ok and wishing for BFPs for everyone.

HungryHorace Sun 12-Jan-14 08:26:04

I've always got pregnant on my booziest months. With DD it was excessive as I had my hen do at 4-5 DPO and was smashed! A friend then arrived from Oz for the wedding and we drank a fair bit at home, culminating in getting blotto the day before my positive test (I'd tested that morning and got a BFN!).

This time wasn't so excessive, but as a tactic I had a small beer every night after OV! So maybe drinking does help. :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now