About to start / Just started TTC no.2 (part 3)

(487 Posts)
Lucyjojo Sat 14-Dec-13 00:35:24

Part 3 for a chatty lot!
3 is the magic number, good things come in 3s, so here is hoping we get plenty more BFPs.....

mrsm22 Sun 12-Jan-14 15:50:45

Thanks Noyou and Hungry and Donna.
Hungry - I think we could both worry ourselves into a state of panic!
Donna - you are my saving grace today, to hear that. Were there any problems with your low lying placenta like bleeds or did it just move and did you have to take it more easy or anything or again have I just read horror stories?

SwedeAway Sun 12-Jan-14 15:59:23

Hi everyone! Have a small (huge) favor to ask. Can I start a new (continuing this one) thread for us. Every time I log in I see my bfp message and it makes me so sadsad Obviously if you don't agree then we can continue here. I would love to start it (to give me some good luck, maybe) but happy for someone else to go ahead. Just want to move on...

HungryHorace Sun 12-Jan-14 16:05:05

Go for it, Swede. This thread isn't here to make people feel sad. xx

mrs - step away from google! When's your nhs 20 week scan? Can you ask there and hopefully reassure yourself?

Swede - great plan. Lucy may want to start it again, but I suspect she won't mind you doing it.

Sorry for short message. I have a croupy boy so am knackered after a long sleepless night. I'm actually in bed now while DH looks after him for a while, but I'm having to plan lessons and write reports so just popped in to say hi.

Monstersaurus Sun 12-Jan-14 18:16:03

Swede, no problem with a new thread from me either.

Metalhead Sun 12-Jan-14 18:27:02

No problem re: new thread Swede, totally understand why.

mrs Google is definitely a double-edged sword when it comes to health issues! You can read all kinds of horror stories on there, which most of the time are probably extremely unlikely to happen to you. I know it's hard not to (I'm guilty of it myself) but try not to stress yourself out unnecessarily by Googling.

And hi noyoucant, I remember you from the missing AF thread. Glad you're on a new cycle now, hopefully this was just a one off and you'll be more regular again in the future (or better still get a BFP
straight away!)

donnas1984 Sun 12-Jan-14 18:55:18

mrs no problems whatsoever I had thr easiest pregnancy in history with dd plus a wee extra scan in my 3rd trimestergrin . xx

Windywinston Sun 12-Jan-14 20:24:48

Mrs, step away from Dr Google! If you had a serious/life threatening problem I'm fairly sure they would have mentioned it. It's too early on for a low placenta to be a concern. If you have a low placenta at the 20 week scan they'll scan you later to check. In most cases it has moved out of the way by the time it matters. I don't blame you for googling though, I do it all the time then freak out!

Swede, go for it, you don't need a reminder every time you come her.

Ooh, and for my 2 pennies worth on the drinking front, I had one unit at 35 weeks last time, that was it, but it had taken me so long to get pregnant that I was terrified that if I did anything wrong I'd lose DD and never get pregnant again. I'm a bit more chilled out this time. I had half a glass of red with Christmas dinner and a glass of prosecco at NYE, but I decided not to have a drink for my birthday and I won't have another unless I have a very special occasion to do so. To each her own though, as long as you don't have more than a couple of units and you're not doing it all the time I'm sure it's fine, previous generations didn't hold back!

Lucyjojo Sun 12-Jan-14 22:04:27

Hi everyone.
Mrs I think you should ban yourself from google! Why are you looking up problems and things for you to worry yourself about! If the doctors and midwives aren't worried then neither should you be. Wait until your 20 week scan to see if it is still an issue then, and in the meantime stop googling!!
Sorry about your DS ATruth, glad DH is there to take care of him though so you can get on with work/rest.
Swede go ahead and start a new thread, I hope it brings you some luck as the mumsnet gods weren't smiling too kindly on me when I did it!!
Well I did another opk this afternoon and while it wasn't as strong as the control line I got my strongest line yet from the past couple of days. I have dtd a crazy amount this week and will continue eod for another week or so. Am I in danger of doing it too much though!!?
I'm not feeling at all hopeful for this cycle. I am still in the mindset that it is never actually going to happen for me, but I feel weirdly calm and relaxed about it all. DD is being an absolute horror at the moment and driving me bonkers so this may have something to do with it...

SwedeAway Mon 13-Jan-14 04:42:36

Thanks everyone. Will try to start new thread (never done it before). Keep a look out for 'About to start / Just started TTC no.2 (part 4)'.

SwedeAway Mon 13-Jan-14 04:46:27

Ok, new thread up and running. See you there.

HungryHorace Mon 13-Jan-14 09:33:31

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now