About to start / Just started TTC no.2 (part 3)

(487 Posts)
Lucyjojo Sat 14-Dec-13 00:35:24

Part 3 for a chatty lot!
3 is the magic number, good things come in 3s, so here is hoping we get plenty more BFPs.....

Toothpastekissesno2 Sat 14-Dec-13 20:47:32

Congrats swede!!! That's great. What number are we on? Five or six?
My 12 week scan is Friday...(counting the days / mins !)
Engels I really can't believe your bad luck . All I can think is your body isn't ready yet. On the good side your body is obviously very keen to be pregnant so next time when it's right you should be in good position.
I'm eating chocolate and watching bad tv as dh out with the boys! X

Monstersaurus Sat 14-Dec-13 21:40:51

Welcome Crafty. hope you get your BFP soon.

Sorry to hear about your husband donnas. Rubbish time of year to get that news.

As for me, AF hasn't arrived quite yet. A bit more spotting but no actual AF today. I'll test again tomorrow if things aren't any clearer. Slight cramping all day which isn't fun. I have been quite emotional and bloated though. All remains crossed.

Thanks for starting the new thread Lucy, hope the lucky trend continues for you.

Fx monster x

HungryHorace Sat 14-Dec-13 21:43:52

Hi Crafty! Welcome to the lucky thread. :-)

Good luck tomorrow, Monster. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Windywinston Sat 14-Dec-13 21:48:53

Gosh Donna, sorry I completely missed your post, so sorry about DH's job. I hope things work out. I think you're right about TTC, we deserved a bit of luck.

Good luck tomorrow Monster xx

SwedeAway Sun 15-Dec-13 06:21:51

Hungry - is there an August thread somewhere? Have you joined.

Monstersaurus Sun 15-Dec-13 08:16:35

Another bfn this morning. fsad No AF either. fsmile

Perhaps tomorrow...

SwedeAway Sun 15-Dec-13 08:55:49

Sorry about the bfn Monster. When is/was AF due?

Monstersaurus Sun 15-Dec-13 09:00:33

Yesterday. Not quite sure what is going on. Spring has settled for now. Nothing I can do but wait and test again tomorrow. It is so very frustrating.

Monstersaurus Sun 15-Dec-13 09:01:13

Spring = spotting

SwedeAway Sun 15-Dec-13 09:10:48

Just told DH. He is over the moon! Feel much more relaxed now. Think I will tell my parents next week. So nice that only the two of us know for now.

Sitting outside watching DD play in the pool. Lovely Sunday morning.

SwedeAway Sun 15-Dec-13 09:13:56

Monster- yes it can be so bloody frustrating. It plays tricks with your head for sure. But it ain't over until AF arrives so I remain positive for you!!

Monstersaurus Sun 15-Dec-13 09:40:12

Looks like AF has arrived. Oh well. Here's going the third cycle is lucky for us.

Sound like a lovely Sunday Swede. Must be lovely to have told your dh.

HungryHorace Sun 15-Dec-13 10:08:46

Oh, bugger Monster. I was hopeful too. :-/

But third cycle is quite lucky round this way. The last 3 BFPs were all third cycles. :-)

Swede, I'm glad your DH is happy. I couldn't imagine waiting 24 hours to tell mine. Your parents will be so pleased when they know. FWIW I'm predicting twins as both of your ovaries hurt!!

And yes, here you go: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1938912-August-2014-What-a-Christmas-present?msgid=43649193

CallingAllEngels Sun 15-Dec-13 10:56:01

Sorry to hear that monster.

donna what awful timing with your dh - just before Christmas as well.

no more dtd here. I'm not pushing it wirh dh. Feel like I should wait till we get the all clear from hospital ( Though we may get a miracle pg from Thurs!).

It's another year another chance. J u st gave to decide what to do re: best friend's wedding. Do we stop ttc for a few months?

monster - I'm sorry. I really thought this was going to be your month sad

engels - it's your call, but personally I wouldn't have put ttc on hold for someone else's wedding.

HungryHorace Sun 15-Dec-13 11:38:33

I'm with ATruth on this one, Engels. I really wouldn't put it on hold.

CallingAllEngels Sun 15-Dec-13 12:19:36

I know ladies. That's what my dm, dh and one of our mutual friends said. I don't think I would even think about it if it was anyone else. She's my best friend, as close if not closer than my Dsis's, I'm a bm, she lives on the other side of the world but is coming back to the uk to get married.

IF and I know this is a big if, I got pg in Jan dd would be probably the week if not the day of the wedding (if my cycle stays as regular as it always has).

Still, I don't want a bigger gap with ds than I can help. You can't plan these things.

Awakeagain Sun 15-Dec-13 17:54:21

Ooh I was just nosing around for a thread to keep me going!!
Went for a. Appointment to have my implant out so I can start ttc, couldn't do it there an then, next appointment is in January (last time they were able to do there and then) the lady said I can try ringing this wed to see if they have enough staff to do it - having to go to a sexual health clinic for it as the doctor who does it at my doctors is on long term sick
Exciting to see bfp's
I hope mine won't be too far away after implant removal

BetterNotBitter Sun 15-Dec-13 18:25:45

Hurrah for thread 3. I accidentally pressed 'hide' on thread 2 and I couldnt see it anymore!!!

Congratulations to swede on bfp.

Sorry for your bfn monster, hope youre ok.

Donna what a rubbish time of year to get that news. How are you feeling about it?

Engels, I agreee with the others, there were afew things in our diary for next year we considered taking a break certain months for but in the end we decided against it.

Windy, has your sickness been very bad? Mines not been bad yet, more a general constant nausea feeling which I'd rather than actually being sick. I think it helps that I dont have to be up & out on a morning like last time. With my first one I was constantly pulling the car over on the way to work to be sick. The worst thing this time is the fatigue, way way worse than last time.

Hungry, how are you?

Sorry to anyone I've missed.

Had a nice weekend this weekend, juat topped off by watching polar express with husband & LO. The last few days have been a little overshadowed by a tiny bit of light pink discharge (sorry tmi) but it was only twice and literally the tiniest bit (had to squint to see it) and no pain or bleeding so im just going to carry on as if it never happened?

CallingAllEngels Sun 15-Dec-13 18:26:49

Welcome awake.

In the spirit of not being pg I am eating goats cheese and drinking lovely wine <chink>

HungryHorace Sun 15-Dec-13 18:54:27

Hi Awake! Hope you get your implant out sooner rather than later.

Engels...yummy!!

Better, I'm still not feeling amazingly pregnant. I'm tired and a bit achey / crampy but otherwise relatively symptomless! Are you having night sweats? Mine are utterly grim. Hate them. :-/

We walked about 3 miles today. It was nice to go out as a family, but it's wiped me out for the rest of the day.

HungryHorace Sun 15-Dec-13 18:56:17

Oh, and yes, ignore the CM!

Awakeagain Sun 15-Dec-13 18:58:43

Engels, that sounds like a good plan!!
I may try and enjoy all the finer things in life for the next few weeks
I'm justsad at my plans not falling into place but oh well!!
I told the 2 girls I work with about being hopeful for implant removal this week so they know if I have to dash off

donnas1984 Sun 15-Dec-13 20:21:43

hi awake good luck getting your implant out I had mine removed 17 weeks ago and im currently 15 weeks pregnantgrin fx ur as lucky as me!
better ignore the cm have u had a date for scan?
dh has set wheels in motion for landscape business think the bad weather had helped so things look promising so far. . . he finishes on Friday so just going to enjoy the holidays and deal with it in the new yearconfused
I lovr goats cheese its lovely grilled with chilli and orange marmalade mmmmm!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now