Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

TTC 10+++ months part 18

(1000 Posts)
Mrsden Sun 08-Dec-13 21:06:39

This is the BFP thread.

eurochick Tue 10-Dec-13 11:12:07

That does, gin. Thank you!

joycep Tue 10-Dec-13 11:12:50

Euro - did MrE ever get his sperm frag tested? I mentioned to some woman that our embryos were slow developers and were going pear shaped after day3 and she said take Selenium. Apparently that helps with binding. Personally I don't even take folic any more because it is hard to stay upbeat but may be worth looking in to. Anyway there are very few tests that they can do with men and so if those few tests come back ok then they just assume the issue is the woman. But I think a woman's 'age' is an easy get out excuse for these people when really they should just be saying they don't know. I would put money on you and me both struggling to conceive if we were 10years younger because of some invisible issue. I would like to test my eggs with someone else sperm, Roy's sperm with some other eggs and just see what happens.
But it sounds like you have more fight in you which is good as it is not the end of road for you. Personally I think it was a very premature and wrong assumption by that embryologist. And anyhow, you are Pupo and all of this planning could be completely irrelevant. As always Sar has good advice and i remember all too well she was told she was in premature ovarian decline and now look.

Mrsd - you put it so well and I feel exactly the same . It's not depression for me, it is just sadness as i desperately want to be a mum . I don't want to have to deal with this sadness for the rest of my life. I had the day off yesterday and was gardening. As I was pulling out brambles, I thought how lucky I was to have a garden and to be able to garden as kids wouldn't allow for that. But a huge wave of sadness over came me as I realised a garden would never be enough. I know the way I am getting by is just having this hope at the back of my mind that it will just happen one day when I am not expecting it. I have no basis for this but it is a coping mechanism.

Sea - you've started! Golly golly. You are going to be fine. Have you had immunes back? Your original results didn't seem much different to mine. Just above normAl. My cd56 was 12.3 and CD19+cd5 were 10.1 and this warranted ivig for me. I would love to know what the results of a 'normal' lady is , I bet everyone has above normal.

Rabbits- belated happy birthday. I am glad you had fun. I hope you are beginning to feel somewhat better.

Free - I am sorry things are so tough at the moment . Big hand hold.

sarlat Tue 10-Dec-13 11:16:12

Oh my word, cos.....aaaaaggggghhhhhh. I am so shocked and so happy and I think that news might just make my waters burst.

Right now, do not think about amh, egg quality studies or anything else. You are pregnant! And this is it! Oh sweetheart what wonderful news and what a boost for so many people on this thread. Just to add weight to the gestone argument, my ivf cycle included gestone and I wad told I was very lucky as it was the bees knees and the clinic were seeing improved results. It didnt work for me but that was due to tubal issues. So hoorah for gestone.

Den - hello my lovely. I can really identify with those feelings of sadness that children may never come. I cant give you any magic words to make it feel better but knowing that others know exactly what you mean does help. I think you are a lot like me and just dont envisage the donor / adoption route which of course puts even more pressure on the situation. I can understand why you dont have faith in the fet. But it is still early days for you two and there is yet so much hope and so much to learn. Fet does have good success rates. With your very early embryos it may take a bit longer to find one that is destined to develop. This part is the hardest sweetheart. You are in the thick of it and it is more than most people will ever experience in terms of stress, grief, decision making and distress. You cope amazingly with all this.

free - a combo of eastern and western approach sounds great. I can understand your fear of leaving things too late but I also understand the burden to make decisions that your dh feels. Hoping you reach your goal next year.

Sea - well done on the hiking and wishing you luck this cycle.

Fox - oh honey, hope you are doing ok. Glad you had a nice birthday. Glad you have plans for next year. I cant help but wonder if you should find a gestone dealer too?? I know you have mentioned potential dodgy progesterone too. Thinking of you lots.

Euro - hope you feel a little better today. Be very kind to yourself, plan something fabulous this weekend.

Nelly '- glad the counselling session wasn't too traumatic.

Hello to pout, joy and everyone.

10 days until d day here. But would love the baby to come a bit early..,....but everyone says that at this stage.

sending big hugs and positive vibes.

One more scream for cos.....aaaagggghhhh!!!

Poutintrout Tue 10-Dec-13 11:52:59

cos That is blimmin' fantastic news. I literally read it and thought, hang on, did cos just say she had got a BFP, and then had to re-read! You have made my day grin

sea Good luck with the downregging. I am rooting for you.

Pathetic attempt at a catch up. Will come back later and try better!

joycep Tue 10-Dec-13 11:56:41

And I've just read Cos' post!!! The iron diff has FINALLY happened. That is AMAzing news!!! But not just that, it is extraordinary! Just remind us how long you have been trying to give us all a boost?? So you will have to tell us exactly how many dosages of progesterone you were giving yourself and why you wanted to try it. Your progesterone levels were always ok weren't they??? And tell me Cos, will little Cos be named after the gestone supplier (grin)... Just a middle name perhaps? (Grin) so what happens now? Will drS supply you with some more gestone? Will you be seeking out some steroids?
I know it must be nervewracking but this has happened naturally . Did you fall on the floor when you got your bfp and have you had symtoms pre bfp? So am y questions.

Gin - 5 cell on day 3? And what would they expect on day 3 - a 7or 8 cell??

Suddenly feel so happy - thanks cos!

Cosmonaut1 Tue 10-Dec-13 12:12:30

Thanks guys grin. It can't really be true can it? 6 years, 4 Ivfs, immune treatment, clomid etc etc.....and some extra progesterone? I did take the Benadryl around the time of implantation, but that was just cos I thought it was funny (and may have gone slightly drug happy). My progesterone results were always 'within range' but I've always had bleeding during my luteal phase, like a leaky tap. That didn't happen either last cycle or this one. It just shows, these docs only know so much and exactly like Sar said you should follow your instincts (now worried I am speaking too soon).

And Joy I so agree, age of eggs is blamed so often, when they can't be conclusive. And yes I am so gobsmacked I keep remembering and feeling shock all over again.

Euro Gin made a great point, how sweet of you Gin to check. Euro maybe you just always produce girl embies?

Free for what it's worth, low progesterone exactly matches my Chinese meds diagnosis of spleen qi deficiency.

joycep Tue 10-Dec-13 12:22:56

Cos - it is true, it is true!! what exactly were your progesterone levels? Seriously in 9 months time, please write to evey doctor you have had contact with and tell them your story. Totally unbelievable that progesterone has been the weakest link.

[may be a spike in Benadryl sales this lunch time!]

foxinorangesocks Tue 10-Dec-13 12:38:29

Rushing at work but have to come on here and squeal at Cos. Woo hoo! That's just bloody amazing amazing. I'm so bloody unbelievably happy for you. Tis a pity co op don't sell gestone... Will be back...

freedom2011 Tue 10-Dec-13 13:14:33

Cos YAY YAY YAY Hoorah hooray!!! You're up the duff . EXCELLENT.

ThatWayMadnessLies Tue 10-Dec-13 14:27:20

Illicit mumsnet posting from work to tell cos that's incredible news. So very very pleased for you grin!!!!

Mrsden Tue 10-Dec-13 14:36:31

Yay cos, amazing, amazing, amazing ironiduff. Wonderful news, and it gets our thread off to a good start. I knew I'd made a bfp thread grin

Now then tell me more about gestane. Where can we get hold of some smile

eurochick Tue 10-Dec-13 15:08:37

joy he hasnt had the sperm DNA frag test yet. He has been putting it off for about a year hmm but has committed to having it, along with all the other tests we were recommended, when we move to the new clinic.

sar I can't believe you only have 10 days to go!

cos are you still on cloud 9?

Mrsden Tue 10-Dec-13 15:23:13

The problem with the sperm fragmentation test is that if it shows there is a problem there is nothing you can do except try icsi and hope they pick a decent sperm. It's not possible to test the genes of an individual sperm without killing it so they can't pick one that doesn't have a problem to use in icsi. There are people, very nice people wink currently working on a way that you can test without killing the sperm.

joycep Tue 10-Dec-13 15:53:13

It depends what is causing the sperm frag as it can be indicative of an asympotomatic infection. Some men have got their sperm frag down to normal after a course of antibiotics. But obviously this isn't the case for everyone. There is just so much luck involved in this isn't there.

eurochick Tue 10-Dec-13 15:57:42

mrsd that's one of the arguments that mr euro has always used against having the test. I still think it would be good to know if it is a problem for us.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Tue 10-Dec-13 16:29:28

What, an ironidiff?!? Hurrah!!! I am so happy for you, cos! smile congratulations and huge YAY from me!

Buzzybee123 Tue 10-Dec-13 16:34:58

cos congrats that is great news, didn't you see Mr Shehata, he prescribes 2 x 400mgs of Cyclogest as part of his standard protocol. I was on 2 x 400mgs of cyclogest and 2 viles of gestone a day, not sure that it was all needed but made me feel like I was throwing everything at it to make it work, I am in two minds about progesterone. I do have some boxes left if anyone wants to try it just let me know

Buzzybee123 Tue 10-Dec-13 16:40:58

sorry the cat has buggered up my key pad again

sea good luck with this cycle, hope the DRing goes ok, it made me feel a bit odd hmm

euro my fingers are crossed for you this cycle

mrsd its hard when you are stuck in a job that you are not keen on, I agree with someone upthread about looking for something better, sorry you have to put FET off

CritterPants Tue 10-Dec-13 18:17:13

Squeeeeee! cos what incredible news! I am so thrilled for you - you have had the roughest of rides and your news has just made my month. Amazing, amazing, amazing. grin grin grin grin

sweetgrouch Tue 10-Dec-13 18:31:36

Just a quick one because I am on a phone.

Cos! I am so happy for you! The ironi-diff. This news made my day.

Progesterone was offered as a first line treatment option for me in Canada. My clinic liked to try it before clomid or anything else when people have wonky cycles.

Waves to everyone else. Happy belated birthday to fox!

seamermaid Tue 10-Dec-13 18:35:07

Just a quick one to say congratulations to Cos! This is just what we need!! Fab fab news indeed. You have had such a tough time with the treatments. You deserve this! So delighted for you. grin

Cosmonaut1 Tue 10-Dec-13 20:58:05

Thanks guys grin. Euro I can see us getting to the same point as last time maybe, but seems unlikely to get beyond that, but will just wait it out and see. How are you holding up lovely? How are you feeling now about this round?

Buzzy it was the consultant at the place I did Ivf at I saw, at Eastbourne. I did do the SO programme with Mr S but can't recall if that was with cyclogest. It def wasn't with gestone.

Sweet that's interesting about Canada.

Re sperm frag I did see an article in the times this year that said there was more damage done by even very small temp changes than anything else, not sure if that's the case or not.

foxinorangesocks Tue 10-Dec-13 21:18:23

Have yet again had no time to do personals. Cos I'm still so excited for you.

Euro how you doing? And sea, all ok?

Ivf has changed my nipples. They are darker and a tiny bit bigger. I know this after three years of scrutiny. Fact. Why would this be? I want my normal nipples back than you very much! Stick that in your pipe daily wail.

eurochick Tue 10-Dec-13 21:34:45

Thanks all for your thoughts. And cos how kind of you to think of me on your day of excitement!

I'm doing ok. I've had a fairly busy day at work, which is a good distraction from the menkulling. Feeling slightly shivery and crampy, but that's normal for me at this point in my cycle.

And mr euro has told me he is going to buy me an ipad (probably the mini) for Xmas (he told me to check what sort I wanted). I've coveted one for ages but can't really justify it as I already have laptop, ebook, iphone, etc. He says that's what makes it the perfect present. I think he is desperate to do something nice for me. Yay for shiny gadgets!

That's interesting about Canada sweet. I've wondered about progesterone supplementation too and tried it once with some spares I had. I also remember one of the early 10+ers getting a BFP after her first month douching with something alkaline! I wonder if there are other little tweaks that would work for some of us. But of course, the fertility clinics wouldn't make much dosh out of that. <cynical>

ArtemisTheHunter Tue 10-Dec-13 22:42:06

Cos!!!!! Fantastic news! What a way to start the new thread. Mrsden's positivity clearly worked :-)

This thread is not accepting new messages.