Odds of getting pregnant 1st month TTC

(29 Posts)
lollzy91 Sun 08-Dec-13 19:19:23

Hi everyone,

So me and my DP are going to start TTC in jan .. (Seems like a lifetime away)

I'm 21 and he is 26.. So fairly young.

I was wondering if anyone knew on average how long it should/could take us to get pregnant?

I ask because we haven't even started trying yet and the thought of how long it could take makes me anxious. I can't imagine what I'll be like when we are trying.

How the whole process could make me feel is making me nervous! Silly I know.

Thanks for listening smile xx

lollzy91 Mon 09-Dec-13 18:50:58

Thank you for all your replies - it helps to hear other peoples thoughts etc!

Autumnleaves thank you - I thought it was about 20-25% but I wasn't sure as the internet can be full of rubbish sometimes! I hope you get your BFP you have been waiting for this month!

I started taking folic acid a while ago so that is definitely one box I have ticked smile

I really do wish I was a more laid back person.. relaxing isn't my strong point! I'll definitely do my best, try and keep busy during the 2ww's etc. I think it will really help to have people to talk to during this time as well.

We haven't told any friends or family members - so coming on here and talking about it is so good! In my head im shouting it off the rooftops that we are TTC.

lucyfluff Mon 09-Dec-13 19:27:04

Yes ! I did with all three DS's and six wks with last pg ( mc sad ). I was ten years younger at 19 and then 22 though.

Good luck trying and try not to stress grin

Treaclepie19 Tue 10-Dec-13 14:44:19

Hiya Lollzy! smile
Think we are in a similar boat. I'm 23 and DH is 24. So excited to start TTC in Jan.
Have you been taking multivitamins? I'm on Seven Seas - Trying for a baby but will only have been taking it a month before TTC.

yomellamoHelly Tue 10-Dec-13 16:13:47

2 of our 3 were that way. 1 took about 20 months iirc. (He's now 7 so long time ago. Was v stressful.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now