AF/BFP due next Tues 10th/Wed 11th....wanna wait with me?!

(113 Posts)
angelgabe Sat 07-Dec-13 10:30:42

Month 7 of TTC and keeping my fingers crossed we'll get a wonderful Christmas present!

Loveyouthree Mon 09-Dec-13 16:45:31

Angelgabe - that's true I guess, I've just got a hunch now. Thanks though smile

A truth - I think I'm about 13pdo, but could even be 14dpo sad I used a wilkinsons test which I've never used before, always used superdrug tests when I got my previous bfps so just went out and bought four blush don't know why we do it, I'll probably come on later and it'll have been a waste of £8! What was your situation? When did you get bfn/BFP? smile

Loveyouthree Mon 09-Dec-13 16:56:41

Bfn on superdrug test sad

I've never done two tests in one day before!! This test was double the sensitivity of the wilkos one and still negative. Argh. Guess I'm not then..

Well, Ive got three left so will prob do one in the morning, just to torture myself further!

KitKat1985 Mon 09-Dec-13 22:18:27

Ahh, sorry to hear that loveyouthree. Still, it's not over until AF arrives. Maybe try again in a couple of days? If not have a mulled wine, and look forward to a BFP in the new year. thanks

I'm CD33 today. Test on CD31 was negative, but as no sign of AF will test again tomorrow (CD34). I don't do temping / ovulation testers (would get too obsessed, and feel that as it's only month 1 TTC may as well just try the 'non scientific' way for a while) but did notice a lot of EWCM between days 20-22 so it's possible that's when I've ovulated, so I may not be out yet, as presumably then CD31 would be a bit early to test. Having been symptom spotting like mad the past few days. Hope if it's negative that AF turns up soon before I drive myself crazy.

Good luck to angelgabe and mumybare for Wednesday. smile

mummybare Tue 10-Dec-13 07:28:52

I caved this morning and got a bfn sad

Am gutted, but will test again in a few days if nothing changes.

Good luck for tomorrow, angelgabe - at leat one of us has to be pg, surely!

Loveyouthree Tue 10-Dec-13 10:54:58

That's interesting, KitKat - hope you get a BFP!

I'm not seen af yet, but got another BFn this morning, and I trust superdrug tests. I'll test on thurs and fri I think' but I KNOW I'm not. Ugh.

Mummybare - that's rubbish sad know how you feel. Hope you've managed to cheer up a little.

I'm not sure whether to carry on ttc, or not. DP is keen. I'm just worried how I'll cope, and what people would think (would be no.4).

KitKat1985 Tue 10-Dec-13 11:13:35

That makes it a hatrick then... also got a BFN this morning and am on CD34! And STILL don't feel AF is imminent. I guess AF is just taking her sweet time to re-appear after I've come off the pill. Thankfully it's my day off today so I went back to bed and sulked for a while. Will probably test again in a few days to make sure but am 90% certain it would have shown up in a test by now if I was. I wish AF would just turn up now in which case as at least then I could just make a start on cycle 2 rather than just waiting....

Hope you mummybare and loveyouthree feel a bit better now as well. thanks It's so disappointing isn't it? My plan is to take myself out for lunch to cheer myself up and focus on getting some Christmas stuff done and being all festive!

loveyouthree is there a reason why dp is not keen? Or is he just worried about coping with 4 dc?

angelgabe good luck for tomorrow! As mummybare said surely one of us has to be! grin

KitKat1985 Tue 10-Dec-13 11:17:23

Sorry mis-read that love youthree as 'dp is not keen' when you've actually said 'dp is keen', and you're just worried about managing 4dc. Maybe put things on hold for a month or so whilst you think it through with dp? Hope you end up with a decision that feels right for you both. xx

mummybare Tue 10-Dec-13 11:30:57

Thanks Loveyou - thing is, I don't quite believe it. And I do normally have a long cycle, so there is a chance I jumped the gun a bit. I think I'm going to try my very very best to wait until Saturday morning to test again.

If I'm not, though, my mind is playing massive tricks on me... Which is entirely possible, I suppose. We'll see.

Here's hoping everything looks more positive, so to speak, for us all soon!

Butler4 Tue 10-Dec-13 11:51:54

Hi, AF due for me on Sunday or so my app says. It seems to change every month. Only a day or so in it to be honest. I am trying not to think about it. Said I wouldnt stress this time round as last cycle was different from normal with a brown discharge and had me acting like a crazy lady! (was convinced it was IB)

This time, boobs feel different, more tender than normal. I am just telling myself this time that its AF, dont want to get hopes up or behave like a mad women again! lol!

Still in for a few days wait................boo!

mummybare Tue 10-Dec-13 12:21:55

Welcome to limbo Butler! The weekend seems such a long way off, doesn't it? It's great to have some moral support though.

Fingers crossed for you!

Butler4 Tue 10-Dec-13 12:35:02

thanks mummybare. Yeah it seems a hundred years away to be honest. Its funny how you tell yourself that you are trying to relax and then as it gets closer to the time and you start to feel different things your head just cant stop thinking about it! Ach well. I am much calmer and realise I have no control over it.

Unless I can find that time travelling machine............hmmm!

Jellybellymoo Tue 10-Dec-13 12:55:23

Hi ladies, good luck to you all I hope you all get your BFP's!! Im currently 10dpo and AF due tomorrow, ive been getting cramps today and yesterday which feel like AF sad took a test today and BFN. Starting to loose hope, hope the evil witch doesn't arrive tomorrow morning. Any of you had these symptoms and still got BFP??

Baby dust to you all xxxx

KitKat1985 Tue 10-Dec-13 13:09:05

Welcome Butler4 and Jellybellymoo. You're definitely not out yet JellyBellyMoo - 10dpo is still pretty early. Maybe try again in a few days if the witch doesn't turn up? And good luck for the weekend Butler4!

I've decided to order a load of internet cheapies - 20 for £3.49 from Amazon! And they are apparently 10miu as well so very sensitive. Then once they arrive I can test every day if I want to without it being so expensive (£5 to poas each time is getting a bit much)! Also I know it sounds strange but think I would find it easier mentally to test every day than force self to wait days to do each test and then end up disappointed after days of waiting to take a test that it's a BFN. But testing everyday at £5 a stick would get a bit much, hence the cheapies!

Jellybellymoo Tue 10-Dec-13 13:15:50

Thanks KitKat1985, I hoping not!! I have brought the poundland ones before as I also hate the wait! Ive decided im not going to test again now until Friday if AF doesn't come as I only have 1 test left, its so hard to stay positive when getting cramps which feel exactly like AF!! Fingers crossed xxxx

mummybare Tue 10-Dec-13 13:28:36

Oh dear, just been on Amazon... grin

I bet they don't arrive till Saturday and/or I come on before they get here. Still, either I'll have them for next month or I'll be pg and won't care!

Incidentally, what does AF stand for? I can guess to what it refers, but can't think what it's actually short for. <newbie> Thanks!

KitKat1985 Tue 10-Dec-13 13:33:37

AF is slang for 'Auntie Flo' mummybare which is a bit of an old-fashioned term for period. smile

My order has apparently already been dispatched! Hoping they may arrive Thursday in which case. smile As you say, worst happens then I'll save them for next month! Feel a bit mad buying 20 tests at once though! Lol! x

Good luck for Friday jellybellymoo!

mummybare Tue 10-Dec-13 13:36:46

Ah, makes sense! Thanks KitKat.

Butler4 Tue 10-Dec-13 14:19:02

thanks kitkat. I am also 10dpo on CD 22 so wee while to wait! ach well just need to suck it up!

mummybare Tue 10-Dec-13 14:29:12

My tests have also been dispatched. Which is a good thing because, as you might be able to tell, I am NOT a patient person! grin

Loveyouthree Tue 10-Dec-13 19:16:10

Aahh good luck everyone!

I still haven't come on.. Want my textbook cycles back sad

If I get a bfn on fri I know that's it - me and DP haven't dtd enough times ( he's been working away).

I'm trying to see it this way: the longer the wait, the better, as the other three will be more and more independent. But, like mummybare, I'm very impatient!

angelgabe Wed 11-Dec-13 08:33:44

This is no good at all ladies....we need some more BFP's! I'm struggling with it this month hence not being on for a couple of days. I'm CD30 and AF was due yesterday but I can feel AF coming. Am going to leave it one more day as I can't face the BFN! Anyone testing tomorrow?!!
X

Loveyouthree Wed 11-Dec-13 10:29:07

Angel - I'm going to test tomorrow (didn't test today) just for the hell of it! I know it's going to be bfn but oh well, the tests are bought now, and I've kind of made my peace with it. Saying that... I'll prob test on Friday too, if no AF. Today is cd29. Since I came off the pill in the summer cycles have gone like this:

15 (?!)

So god knows!

Gl to everyone else smile

KitKat1985 Wed 11-Dec-13 11:54:10

Well I tested again this morning with a cheapie bought in poundland yesterday whilst buying wrapping paper (classy I know)! Another BFN. Am on CD35 now. Am 99% confident now that I'm not pregnant and AF is just taking her time after having come off the pill. It's been a stressful couple of months which probably isn't helping. Keep getting odd poking sensations / twinges in my abdomen though but I guess it must just be because my hormones are all over the shop. Also I don't remember my period taking so long to come back last time I stopped the pill, but that was about 4-5 years ago now, and wasn't TTC (stopped for medical reasons). See this is the problem. I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant but because AF hasn't shown up there's this doubt that's driving me crazy. Would be so much less stressful now if AF just showed up and I could focus on cycle 2 instead of keep wondering. At least when our internet cheapies turn up mummybare we can test everyday if we want to (I'm not a patient person either)!

Good luck for tomorrow angelgabe, Jellybellymoo and loveyouthree! And good luck for the weekend butler4! Surely one of us has to be?!?

Loveyouthree Wed 11-Dec-13 12:14:23

KitKat - same here. It's the horrible doubt. Sorry you got a bfn today sad I'm fully expecting one tomorrow, it's quite laughable really! Ah well.

We're getting married on 14.6.14 so I ought to wait after that sad

mummybare Wed 11-Dec-13 12:14:54

Yes - once my cheapie tests arrive, I'll be testing every 5 minutes daily. I WILL be patient till then. Rubbish as I am at keeping track of it, I do know my cycles usually quite long, but irregular, so it seems a good way to go in the absence of AF.

Fingers crossed for more BFPs in the next few days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now