Evaporation line or BFP?????

(119 Posts)
blueskies19 Sun 24-Nov-13 18:05:46

Ive been trying to conceive for many years and for the first time this last month I used the cheap ovulation predictor kits. They amazingly worked as I thought nothing would show up but a very faint line showed up at the start of ovulation which I confirmed with a more expensive brand that same day. Me and the partner only managed to DTD twice during that period.

I am 5 days before the start of AF and have bought the same cheap pregnancy tests and I have just tested today (not with FMU) and the result within 1 minute was a definite negative but going back to the test after 9 minutes there was a very very faint line (squint through narrow eyes and you may see it!) but there was a very pale line which over time has become darker.

I am convinced it is an evaporation line as I have been trying for 5 years and am almost giving up and am just about to go down the ivf route.

Does anyone have any experience of cheap pregnancy tests and do they more often than the branded ones come up with this evopration line?
I think I am just driving myself crazy with this as the instructions on the packet say DEFINITELY do not read the test after 10 minutes which is what Im doing but I guess Im just hoping for a miracle and would be more ecstatic than winning the lottery to get a BFP

Any advice greatly appreciated x

Vickyvix Sat 30-Nov-13 14:49:04

Woo hoo congratulations blueskies that is amazing!!!! I am so pleased for you smile

Sending very best wishes for a healthy and happy pregnancy and hope that luck stays on your side. What a wonderful Christmas pressie!

WillowKnicks Sat 30-Nov-13 15:25:45

Awww FANTASTIC!!!! Congratulations & all the best in your pregnancy grin

helenlouisey Sat 30-Nov-13 17:16:58

Congratulations, fantastic news and wishing you a healthy pregnancy x

thepobblewhohasnotoes Sat 30-Nov-13 18:32:59

Congratulations! grin grin grin

cookielove Sat 30-Nov-13 18:42:45

Congratulations l am so glad it was a BFP smile

PunkyPod Sat 30-Nov-13 19:27:05

I've been following and am so chuffed you got your BFP. Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy xthanks

allchatnicknamesgone Sat 30-Nov-13 22:19:10

Amazing. So happy happy happy! You give us all strength.

Hope you have happy and healthy pregnancy. You deserve it!!!

Xxx

Noyoucantwatchpeppapig Sat 30-Nov-13 22:23:18

Congratulations blue skies, I had been lurking on this thread hoping it would turn into a BFP. Great news smile

blueskies19 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:24:48

ahw thankyou so much - Im really touched by all your responses - HUGE thank you

you've been inspirational with your support, sympathy and really practical advice

I do so hope all your journeys on this ttc are really successful and I wish all of you the very best smile xxx

Autumnleaves198 Sat 30-Nov-13 22:35:41

Hi blueskies19

I've been reading this thread all week and I'm so so happy to see you got your bfp!!!! It really is so uplifting to read these kind of stories, especially given that you have been trying for so long. I've actually got a smile on my face for you, and I think you will have given a lot of people on here a reason to hope smile so big congratulations, and I wish you all the best for a happy and healthy pregnancy!! xx

TwerkingNineToFive Sun 01-Dec-13 07:59:59

Congratulations.
I had a tear in my eye reading your posts!

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Sun 01-Dec-13 08:30:07

Congratulations Blueskies I've just read your entire thread. I was so pleased when I got to the end and saw you got a 3+ on a digi!! Wishing you a healthy 9 months.

It's really heartening to read your story. I've been ttc for 4 years. We have unexplained infertility and are gearing up to our second IVF. I feel like giving up and accepting it's never going to happen but stories like yours really help xx

Congratulations blue skies gringringrin so pleased and what a result, 3+!! No need to worry about lack of a line there, you got the strongest it does
Please keep us updated with your milestones x

blueskies19 Sun 01-Dec-13 13:54:15

Ahw thank you all soooo much smile smile
I do feel very happy and lucky to have had you all to talk to and to have got my BFP is just the most thrilling thing ever.

I do really hope my story will give encouragement to others - to realise that just when you feel like giving up it happens and just after years and years and years of thinking you should give up, that longed for line (however faint and wafty!) finally appears.
IT it is an incredibly stressful and heartbreaking journey that only those going through ttc will ever understand.

I wish each and everyone the very best on your own journeys and do so hope that you will all get your BFPs very very soon - keeping my fingers crossed for all of you smile smile xxx
kittykat - will indeed keep you all posted - am off for a scan in a few weeks which Im petrified about but will update you all on that - my fingers and toes will be crossed for us all smile xxx

Yaaaaaaayyyyyy! Congratulations! I've been thinking about you all week and wondering what today would bring.
Really pleased for you. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Sun 01-Dec-13 20:05:40

Blue come over to the Posifrickentivity thread in Pregnancy. Its for ladies PG after MC and its great. x
Congratulations. smile

tillyann2013 Sun 01-Dec-13 22:58:03

Fantastic blue skies, wonderwgT your doc will have to say now grin

blueskies19 Sun 01-Dec-13 23:06:18

thanks purple smile yaaaaaay hip hip hooray Im floating on a cloud smile
Thanks saggy - that sounds great - I will do smile

yes indeed tilly - too right - am thinking of going there with my many many POAS which I have framed (well nearly!) and saying now then what do you make of that!
xx

greentealeaf Sun 01-Dec-13 23:13:16

Oh fantastic news blueskies!! I am over the moon for you, DP and baby bean. What a great start to the Festive period.

All the very best! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now