Eggcellent Egg Buddies - a thread for those IVFing in November, December and January

(1000 Posts)
eurochick Fri 22-Nov-13 09:20:58

New thread. Welcome back to all the regulars. Welcome to all the newbies - please come and join us if you are IVFing or thinking about. The regulars are a mine of information at this point!

Do you realise that this will take us through a year of egg buddy threads? I believe Karbea started the last one around Xmas time last year for those cycling in 2013 and I immediately jumped on it as I was about to start my first cycle in January. Blimey.

wishwash Sun 24-Nov-13 11:30:03

Thanks to everyone that's updated me. I do actually remember a lot of it! In a selfish way it's good to see everyone's history as it put things in perspective.

I think what makes it so hard for me is not having a sniff of a BFP without there being any reason for it. It causes such mixed feelings. Do I want something to come up in my blood tests so there's something to fix? Or do I want it to be normal even though it won't give me answers! Argh!

So many of you have had Mc's which is so heart breaking. That again also brings me down to earth. A BFP isn't the end sad. I'm so sorry sad

Sorry I'm having a bit of a down day! Damn you AF! blush

eurochick Sun 24-Nov-13 14:27:17

wish I struggle with being unexplained. It took me a lot to get my head around putting myself through the IVF process without a diagnosis ("we've no idea what's wrong with you, but why don't you take a shedload of drugs and go through minor surgery and we'll see if that helps?"). I'd never seen a BFP before the first IVF cycle. Clearly the IVF process did overcome some unidentified problem. Now I just need to get a sticky one!

bikesaregreat Sun 24-Nov-13 16:12:41

Bollocks - posted on wrong fred. Argh! Sorry if am out of date with some of you!! Will look through properly tonight...

Hi all,

Just back from a wedding - lovely weekend away but missing hearing about how you're all getting on.

cups - definitely complain!! 10 months seems very long - shouldn't matter that it's nhs as once you're in the system, you shouldn't have to keep waiting...keep us posted with what PALS says. And maybe investigate other clinics.

fab - you seem incredibly strong. It's important to have support at this time - hope you're doing okay.

euro - hooray for new fred!

fish - I wondered about acupuncture - maybe one of the main benefits is that it helps you relax? Not sure, but I know lots of folk recommend it.

brooker - love that you're still lurking!! Hi smile

Need to read properly and see how you all are. Looking forward to it!

AFM, I PdOAS on Saturday morning - BFP!!!! Yippeee! I'm still not convinced by it, and we've not told anybody as it's early days etc etc... DH (a doctor) was concerned about some spotting I told him about last week (d'oh!! shouldn't have mentioned it!!) but it seems to have stopped now. Lots of twinges though - argh. Will call my clinic tomorrow and see what we do from here...but this weekend was a good weekend, whatever happens.

talulahbelle Sun 24-Nov-13 17:29:34

bikes <squeeee> I'm so happy for you! Fingers crossed things continue to go well.

nobeer Sun 24-Nov-13 17:38:57

bikes that's brilliant smile

bikesaregreat Sun 24-Nov-13 18:06:17

Thanks! smile Now I am worried about everything else that could go wrong...argh!

eurochick Sun 24-Nov-13 18:10:21

Yay- the first BFP of the new thread. Congratulations! Let's hope it is the first of many. smile

AFM, I think AF is finally here. Having told the nurse at the teach that I always start properly straight away like turning on a tap, the scratch seems to have changed that and I have had my first ever slow start with lots of spotting, making it difficult to know exactly when I started. I will call the clinic tomorrow and I expect they will say to count tomorrow as day 1 as things didn't really get going until the afternoon today. So I'll be stimming from Tuesday I reckon.

BrookerC Sun 24-Nov-13 22:22:59

Evening you lovely lot! Sorry for the absence but self-preservation, licking wounds & all that shizz.

Nice new thread euro. I spent the first few months lurking on the egg buddies threads before I couldn't resist joining <it was Nokkies potty mouth that pulled me in> Where has the year gone?

bikes! Congratulations! What a marvellous start to the thread! Well done for a fantastic bfp - just what we need smile

wish no sniff of a bfp here either sad How the feck does the term unexplained help? It doesn't. Here's to us unexplained lot getting a bfp regardless!

talulah Another grad from here. Marvellous! Good luck with the dr appt tom. Hope you're managing the next stage ok <oh when does the constant worrying end...>

cups glad the clinic finally got you sorted for your next cycle. Unprotected sex? Don't think so - you're trying to get pregnant confused Agree with euro though <also cynical>

choco Wow! EC could be next week -you will be PUPO before we know it! Sorry to hear the drugs are sending your emotions all over the place <hugs>

Welcome hatt smile Good luck with your new cycle. You've come to the right place for advice & support.

val I'm glad to see the back of the last thread too! <no offence ladies> How does your treatment work? Are you having 2 egg collections added together? <I'm a bit confused> At the rate you stim, we could be cycle buddies again! <I'm thinking about early Feb for our next shot>

euro good luck with the stabbing this week. I found gonal-f & cetrotide a piece of piss compared to the DR drugs.

Hi pip Are you cycling this month?

bugs A busy week sorting house move shit out sounds like a marvellous distraction. Hope it goes well & you enjoy your time under that rock grin

nobeer A few tests in Dec, a break over the festive period & an FET in January. All sounds like a good plan to me <although feeling your frustration over the extra waiting>

missm so pleased to hear about your scan. I am green with envy xx

badhair welcome back smile Looks like you could have loads of cycle buddies!

fab thinking of you flowers

Hi to everyone else.

My brief history

Me 40 <wtf - how did that happen?> 1 ovary & tube
DH 38 no issues
Ivf 1 May 2013 - 2 blasts transferred. Bfn <no frosties>
Ivf 2 July 2013 - lab malfunction. All embies lost
Ivf 3 Nov 2013 - 2 blasts transferred. Bfn <+ 1 frostie>

I have my review for my failed cycle the week before Christmas. Ooh, that sounds like something to put me in the Christmas spirit hmm Despite my sarcasm I am glad that me & DH will be able to talk it through over the Christmas break. We are going to Cornwall for the New Year & it will be nice to have a plan in mind before we go & enjoy ourselves.

wishwash Sun 24-Nov-13 22:30:23

Oh bikes that's awesome! The biggest congrats to you!

That's right brooker. We're going to get that bfp!.... I hope... No no we will! <fist punches the air>

Pipbin Sun 24-Nov-13 23:42:27

Hurrah for Bikes!

Sorry for the lack of personal but I'm on my phone.

AFM:
Me 38
Him 40

Me: one blocked and one sluggish tube.
Him: SA so good that they gave him a medal, according to him anyway.

IVF #1 11 eggs taken, 9 mature, 5 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5. 1 put back. OHSS BFN.

Eyes down for round 2.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Mon 25-Nov-13 09:16:09

Bikes that's bloody brilliant news!! Congrats x

I get so pissed over being unexplained too. Even at our review appointment the consultant said it might still happen for us naturally. I can't get my head around the fact that we haven't had a BFP in over 4 years of trying (plus 6 years of very lax contraceptive use!). There has got to be some reason why we can't get pregnant. Especially as we got a BFP on our first ICSI! Sorry for the rant but it makes me crazy thinking about it.

Lifeasafish Mon 25-Nov-13 09:32:50

Morning all,

Congratulations bike that's wonderful news!

I think unexplained is one of life's major cruelties. I did have a huge sense of relief when we discovered the problem. I hope that's not read as being gloaty - I'm just acknowledging that it must be harder.

choc I'm sending you my love. I hope you are feeling a bit better, it is truly awful when grief overtakes you.

fab flowers because you and your family should have them everyday right now. (I hope all is ok, it has sounded very happy and peaceful)

euro I have my pompoms ready for AF - has she arrived so I can shake my toosh? (No twerking here - I'm disgusted by it).

No major personals from me - need to wrestle the cat into a basket in a min for vet trip. If you don't hear from me again I lost the fight with the feline.

My history:
IVF #1: Coasted during stimm period due to OHSS. X14 eggs, 9 fertilised, 5 blast, 1 transferred, BFP then MC @ 7 weeks.

FET #1: 2 frosties transferred, OTD on Wed, but tested early (Thur gone) due to history we are obviously very nervous hence the lack of announcement smile

eurochick Mon 25-Nov-13 11:30:17

Fish am I reading that right...?

How did the cat wrangling go?

Well, AF is sort of here. Having told the nurse at the teach appointment on Thursday that there is never ambiguity about when my period starts as there is no spotting, it just starts in a fairly full on way... (you can guess this) I am now not completely sure when I started. I had a little bit of spotting on Saturday, more spotting and some light bleeding from the afternoon onwards on Sunday and more light bleeding today. This is not typical. The scratch must have messed things up. Normally it's: cramp, ouch, loo visit, find brown blood, have scenes from horror film a few hours later. Anyway, I am booked in for my first scan on Friday and I guess I start stabbing tomorrow, counting today as official day 1.

Badhairday76 Mon 25-Nov-13 11:53:33

Hello everybody? Can I please re-join? Nothing was happening at my (rubbish) clinic for ages and I was getting increasingly fed up and upset about everything but I am due to start down-regging in 3 weeks time, with egg collection set for January. This will be my first IVF.

Me, 37, no Fallopian tubes
DP 35 - fine

I have one DS who is 20 months old who we conceived by accident - my miracle!

Since them I had a ruptured ectopic on Christmas Eve last year and lost my left tube. I them had a miscarriage at 5 weeks in March, then a second Ectopic this August where I lost my final tube. It's been an absolute bugger of a year for us and we are still having counselling and trying to come to terms with all the loss.

Anyway, am looking forward to having some cycle buddies!

Badhairday76 Mon 25-Nov-13 12:03:49

Sorry everybody - did not mean to re-post this. My phone is playing up. Huge congrats to you, Bikes - wonderful news. It really cheers me up when somebody gets a BFP on here (more so than when my pals announce their pregnancies - does that make me evil?) I completely sympathise with those of you who are classed as 'unexplained'. Although I've done a huge amount of feeling sorry for myself this year, I am taking comfort from the fact that I know exactly WHY I can't conceive naturally anymore and hoping that this makes me a relatively straightforward patient. I do hate the way that clinics go on about age though. I find it really insensitive. My clinic also stamps 'Subfertile' in Red ink on all of my blood test requests which I then have to take to the blood clinic. They are so disorganised it drives me crazy as well. Sorry for the lack of personals - I need to catch up on all the news. X

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Mon 25-Nov-13 12:11:20

Wow Fish! Is that a sly BFP announcement???

Euro sounds very strange. Yay to starting stabbing though smile

Bad not long until you start then. I'm hoping to start short protocol in about 4 weeks so we will be sort of cycle buddies. My clinic does the same with putting sub fertility all over everything. Makes me feel awful every time I see it hmm

vallinnapod Mon 25-Nov-13 13:33:43

Woohooo Bikes!! Congrats grin

Brooker huge hugs. It's a horrible time. Forgive as I can't remember but do you have any frosties? I hadn't realised you had had that trauma with your second IVF. How angrysad

Euro - Good luck!

Fingers crossed fish

Sorry for my confusing history. SET = Single Embryo Transfer, PGS = Pre-implantation Genetic Screening (the biopsy the embryo to test for the 3 trisomy disorder plus several other Chromosomal defects). I am really umming and ahhing about the PGS. And whether we just go for it and have them both put back in Jan as an FET.

Lifeasafish Mon 25-Nov-13 13:58:17

Well, I've had 2 definite lines (not faint but not as dark as control line). But I feel that on OTD that may have disappeared so no announcement yet (hmm).

Self-preservation I guess. Its why I've not been round much. Only 2 days to wait so I'll get a clear blue digi for Wed and fill you in.

euro personally I would have POAS to be sure, just in case... But BFN outside of treatment has never bothered me for some reason. So you may wish to wait and see what happens?

Badhairday76 Mon 25-Nov-13 14:09:06

Woo hoo, Fish - a line is a line, as they say. I am excited for you! Xxx

tametortie Mon 25-Nov-13 20:05:19

You left me sad

I hope you are all ok. I'm trying to catch up on my new I phone which is a fucking mare!

Quick update from me...af came. It took until a trip to clinic and then a dildo cam turned into a scene from Sweeney Todd but they prodded the bitch out, that's all that matters blush now have a baseline scan this Thursday, please god, let it be ok....

Let me catch up and see what's occurring...

tametortie Mon 25-Nov-13 20:07:32

euro it was me that said scratch didn't hurt this time. 'Twas murder last time but I hardly felt it this time!

tametortie Mon 25-Nov-13 20:11:06

fish fingers crossed my love. Have faith, stay calm and let's hope for a fabulous outcome. Xxxx

tametortie Mon 25-Nov-13 20:12:05

wish hello my lovely xxx whereabouts are you in treatment? I can't see. I'm DR for my 4th cycle.

tametortie Mon 25-Nov-13 20:12:35

Sorry for cluster posts.....

tametortie Mon 25-Nov-13 20:14:11

brooker how are you feeling since the bfn? I hope you are ok xxx unexplained is horrid. Unfortunately me and dh are shit from all angles so we are less unexplained, more too much shit to sort grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.