1st month TTC

(507 Posts)
Littlebear88 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:04:15

New member alert!!!
My husband and I have just decided to ttc! We are both youngest in our family although both on mid 20s! We want our children to be close to their cousins who range from 2-5! Just hoping our brothers and sisters won't be judgemental as they were all in 30s when they started having children! We have been on nice holidays but feel that a baby is the next step and we are very excited! Just looking for some moral support!!!

Mummyinpink1289 Wed 08-Jan-14 07:22:33

Well i finally got my bfp yesterday!

Totally freaked out and convinced myself id done the wrong thing, how can i cope with 3 children etc but having slept on it it doesnt seem as daunting thismorning but im still a bit worried about it all.

Havnt told dh yet, wanted to process it myself for a few days as i know hel be super excited and i want to be too when i tell him, im thinking friday night, romantic meal at home and bring out the clear blue digi! Cant wait to see his face shock

robindeer Mon 30-Dec-13 21:48:11

Thank you! It's like learning a new language! I've lurked for a while but only just joined properly. I need to practice using the abbreviations!

threebee Mon 30-Dec-13 21:21:31

Welcome robindeer! 2WW or TWW stands for the 'two week wait', the average 14 day phase between ovulating and your period turning up or, hopefully, getting a positive pregnancy test!

robindeer Mon 30-Dec-13 20:03:52

Forgive the ignorance (newbie klaxon!) but what is 2WW/TWW? I've checked the acronyms but I'm none the wiser!

MrsF2510 Mon 30-Dec-13 18:23:15

Goodness I agree with you there - usually I am so much busier, I wouldn't have nearly a tenth of the time to dwell on all of my 'symptoms'!

missmrsmummy Mon 30-Dec-13 17:59:02

Thank you :-) Yes, I feel quite well prepared for this next cycle! At least I can relax over NYE, also I'm a teacher so once I go back to work next week it'll be easier for the 2WW as time flies at school! It's been hard to think of anything else during the holidays and I've wasted a lot of time browsing baby stuff online ;-) x

MrsF2510 Mon 30-Dec-13 17:51:14

Aww how rubbish! Sorry to hear that but at least you have saved yourself the test and after rubbish AF is out of the way, you can start again. Might help you now you've tried it for one month so know what to expect when etc. x

missmrsmummy Mon 30-Dec-13 10:31:56

*hope

missmrsmummy Mon 30-Dec-13 10:31:45

Hi MrsF! I bought tests yesterday, planning to use one this morning but woke at 6.30am to be greeted by AF! So it wasn't implantation bleeding, just a very uncharacteristic start to my period! Now my cycle is all messed up :-/ Sorry about your BFN... There's still hep though!

MrsF2510 Mon 30-Dec-13 07:30:00

Missmrsmummy - I caved and did one this morning - BFN! Not that you were likely to cave but don't do it - am
Now cross with myself for not having more self control! X

missmrsmummy Sat 28-Dec-13 11:10:39

Fingers crossed for both of us, MrsF! I'm dying to test but I know it's pointless doing it early as I wouldn't trust it and would end up doing it again on 2nd Jan anyway! 5 days to go...x

Hopefor2014 Sat 28-Dec-13 10:54:24

MrsF - thanks for the warm welcome! Can't actually remember but I think early-ish December. I will keep track from next month. Reading all the posts on this thread has made me really excited!!

MrsF2510 Sat 28-Dec-13 10:50:06

Welcome hopefor! Probably a good thing not to become too obsessed like many of us on here, though DTD at around the right time could increase your chances significantly. When was your last AF? X

MrsF2510 Sat 28-Dec-13 10:46:48

Hi missmrsmummy! I too ovulated around 18th (cd14) and had OV pains on 12,13 and 14. Your symptoms sound very positive! Implantation pains and sore boobs - I was getting excited that I got up too quickly and felt dizzy!! I too shouldn't test until 1st /2nd but sooo want to!!

Hopefor2014 Sat 28-Dec-13 10:44:07

New member! And I have never posted on a forum before...

We decided to start trying in January but decided to go for it last night anyway! I am not good at tracking dates etc so I don't really know what the chances are - but my guess is that it was a week too late.

Very nervous: we are going to buy a flat, have a baby and I want to be promoted at work, all in 2014.

Good luck to everyone!!

missmrsmummy Fri 27-Dec-13 18:17:22

Hi everyone! We have just started TTC. I'm just over halfway through the TWW! I ovulated on 18th and think I have just experienced implantation bleeding (which was most likely to occur today)! Also had sore and swollen boobs for a week... what do you all think? Can't test until 2nd Jan x

toots123 Fri 27-Dec-13 18:06:02

When is af due mummy?
Im trying not to test until Sunday now... af due on Tuesday

Mummyinpink1289 Fri 27-Dec-13 17:39:23

Well no christmZ bfp for me hmm felt so dissapointed on xmas day and did about 3 diferent testz throughout the day as i was convinced i was pregnant. Everytime ive had a fee drinks iv had the worst nausea when going to bed which has only ever happened when iv been pregnant before. Why are the tests all coming up negative?! So frustrating.

RetroHippy Mon 23-Dec-13 08:34:07

AF has arrived! After 51 days and just in time for Christmas hmm

So come new year I'm going to be keeping an eye on CM to see if I can pinpoint ovulation in Jan, then finally got DH pinned down to a February start for ttc! Here's hoping for an exciting 2014!

RetroHippy Sun 22-Dec-13 18:53:35

We're not actively trying yet blush. I came off the pill at the end of September, I'm pushing to start in Jan, but DH is still being a little evasive.

I had my usual pill bleed after finishing my last pack, a 'period' 26 days later, then nothing... You can't help but hope grin even though we've been using condoms.

But keep getting the bfns, just wondering when I get concerned about the total no show of AF. Thought is come on when I finished for Christmas and relaxed a bit, but do far no sign.

Mummyinpink1289 Sun 22-Dec-13 17:41:16

Sorry to hear that kitty, but as retro said at least u can enjoy some wine over the festive period! Im still awaiting either bfp or af... Think theres defo gonna be some throwing toys out of the pram from me if its the second one!

How long have u been ttc retro?

RetroHippy Sun 22-Dec-13 09:28:52

Oh well Kitty, at least you have a starting point for this month, and can have a guilt-free glass of wine or two over Christmas.

Just hit CD 50... Getting a little ridiculous now! And still getting bfns (though I've restrained myself and am now only testing every 3 days!)

At what point do I go to the GP? Will I get laughed at?

KittyVonCatsington Sun 22-Dec-13 08:46:45

Oh well! AF has arrived on CD41 (was hoping it was delayed due to another reason!) Here's to having a drink on Christmas Day then...
As AF arrived very late last night, do I count yesterday as CD1 or today as it will be the first full day of AF? Going to try the SMEP plan this month.

RetroHippy Fri 20-Dec-13 18:52:03

I need to get pg soon too, got a big birthday bash in April and there'd be definite suspicion if I were sober. Though DH wants me to be able to drink with him at the party hmm bit sick of the final hoorah's tbh, it's always something. His actual word were 'I don't mind having unprotected sex, but I'd quite like the party together.' Putting my foot down! and getting him drunk at New Year if AF ever shows up.

Mummyinpink1289 Fri 20-Dec-13 11:50:45

i really hope im pregnant soon as me and my DH are booked to go watch the rugby in march and a night out after - no way will i get through this without drinking and not be asked the 'are u sure ur not pregnant?!' question as its with my DH's best friend and theyr already on our case asking when were having a baby since we got married so as soon as his girlfriend spots me not drinking they will ask. If i got pregnant this month we would be telling people in march so they would know. fingers crossed!

I did my first pgt with my DH there the other night. BFN as they all are but doing it together made it such a bigger dissapointment, a feeling which i want to avoid until i know its going to be a BFP. Dont know why it made such a difference as ive done about 10 already on my own (im a bit of an adict and these cheapo tests sitting in the bathroom just shout at me every morning!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now