1st month TTC

(507 Posts)
Littlebear88 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:04:15

New member alert!!!
My husband and I have just decided to ttc! We are both youngest in our family although both on mid 20s! We want our children to be close to their cousins who range from 2-5! Just hoping our brothers and sisters won't be judgemental as they were all in 30s when they started having children! We have been on nice holidays but feel that a baby is the next step and we are very excited! Just looking for some moral support!!!

Sunshineonsea Mon 18-Nov-13 20:09:38

Thanks for the help all will be acronym-ing away now

Honeybear30 Mon 18-Nov-13 21:27:49

Ok I've been lurking a while and can no longer help myself! I'm also 25 and looking to conceive number one. I can't believe how naive I was before I really looked into this. I guess I thought it would be a quick easy decision and then I'd be pg! Little did I know you have to be so precise. I stopped a pill mid pack but I had a withdrawal bleed within 4 days and I think I'm about 5 DPO. I promised I wouldn't get too involved with this but I'm sure I'll be gutted if af arrives. I almost bought a test today for when it's time but I'm going to strong and not buy one until I'm sure af is late. I don't want to be disappointed! I hope it's BFP's all round for us all ASAP ladies!

Littlebear88 Mon 18-Nov-13 21:40:18

Honeybear I know the feeling, will be so disappointed if AF arrives. When we started I was keen just to be laid back about it, take each month as it comes!
I think I am 1-3 days post OV! Planning to do a test next Thursday if no AF! Don't know if this is too early or not?

Hi HoneyBear grin well done on not buying the tests, I have a stock already and haven't even said goodbye to AF so we can start cycle one! Bloody terrible day today cried at my (newish) boss as the people who have been training me in my (newish) job have been absolute arseholes for three months and it grinding me down sad then came home and panicked that the cat had pissed in between my pillows as my pajamas were soaked...until I remembered I soaked myself this morning whilst half asleep turning the shower on and then fell over. Really looking forward to being super hormonal, having baby brain bad belong a totally different weight and therefore more clumsy grin

<Proud> though as normally a day like today would have me reaching for then wine, resisted though as had a bottle over the course of the weekend and wait to keep it moderate grin

HippyJess Mon 18-Nov-13 22:11:10

Hi HoneyBear! grin so great to have several of us circa the same age all starting for number 1... eep!

Honeybear30 Mon 18-Nov-13 22:36:04

Gohumpinthenight that sounds like a rough day! I hope I hold out on not buying the tests but already I was lingering in the aisle at tesco's! I need more willpower!

Littlebear that sounds about right. From what I understand it should be 14 days post ovulation so for me thinking next Wednesday. But I'm hoping to hold out as long as possible because I know realistically it's unlikely and I'd rather be disappointed by af than a bfn.

How do I get the names to come up in bold...? Hate being a newbie!

HippyJess Mon 18-Nov-13 23:32:16

Put an asterix either side of it, no spaces - it tells you how underneath the box where you type your message wink

Honeybear30 Tue 19-Nov-13 06:59:40

Ohhhh of course it does! Thanks HippyJess smile

HippyJess Tue 19-Nov-13 09:50:33

No problemo smile eep, appointment today! Should be only a week or so til I get my coil removed, if not today!

That's exciting jess I just got back from docs having had my thyroid checked (am underactive and this can cause fertility issues/increase chances of miscarriage) so need ti make sure my meds are keeping me stable. I finished the pill about five weeks ago and AF has just finished this morning so if all is well-full steam ahead! I am taking folic acid as well. Anyone else doing any 'prep'?

HippyJess Tue 19-Nov-13 11:03:35

I bought some pre-natal vitamins yesterday, and I'm cutting down on caffiene with a view to stopping within the next few weeks, but thats it. I don't drink much anyway so that's not a problem!

Just got back from the appointment, I'm having it removed on Tuesday so our first window will be in the week before Christmas! grin

Sunshineonsea Tue 19-Nov-13 12:43:49

I took pregnacare vitamins on dc1 but they are a little bit expensive so have bought morrisons own brand for £3
I don't really drink anyway maybe a glass or two once a
Month so will continue until I get a BFP
I have started doing an exercise DVD though as u was huuuggge on dc1 so I think I'll find it easier to get back into shape if I'm a bit fitter

Littlebear88 Tue 19-Nov-13 12:52:16

Started taking some vitamins and cutting down tea and coffee! Can't stop symptom spotting!!!!!!!!!

Minithemoocher Tue 19-Nov-13 13:54:42

I'm just taking folic acid. I don't really drink much anyway. Good luck everyone!

KitKat1985 Tue 19-Nov-13 14:58:24

I've started taking folic acid. I also take a multi-vitamin / iron supplement each day but I've done that for a few years now so that's not a 'new' thing. I only have about 3-4 mugs of tea a day so don't think my daily caffeine intake is too bad. As for alcohol, I probably only have a drink 3-4 nights a week (usually just one glass of wine to help relax after a longs shift at work!), so I'm not going to start cutting down specifically on anything yet, as I don't think I drink a lot anyway. The one depressing fact I have gleaned from lurking on Mumsnet for a few weeks is that it might take a while to conceive, and so I think cutting back on all of life's little pleasures from the off might get a bit depressing! wine

Aquariusgirl86 Tue 19-Nov-13 15:03:12

I had my first at 25, planned and family think I was too young but if you are ready that's all that counts!!!!

I agree KitKat, there's no knowing if it will take one month or years so I am not going to deprive myself completely...but at the same time I want to give myself the best chance. Like you, I drink a glass or two at most about 3-4 times a week, but rarely get 'drunk' (about once every 3 years!) so think I will carry on as normal.

The number of stories on here about difficulties is worrying but I think if you get pregnant straight away you might post a few times, whereas if you have issues you'd be on here a lot, so maybe not a totally balanced view? I am trying not to worry too much anyway, as that won't help! grin

k4tie84 Tue 19-Nov-13 15:12:52

Hi everyone. I'm new to mumsnet too so go easy on me with the acronyms. My husband and I are just about to start TTC #1 after coming off the pill in September. My cycle seems to of quickly got back to normal and we've started taking pregnacare conception his and hers (so much cheaper on Amazon).
I’m 29 and my husband is 33. We got married earlier this year and now feel very ready to start the next chapter of our lives.
I'd love to hear how everyone gets on over the coming months and any tips would be great.
good luck to you all. x

threebee Tue 19-Nov-13 15:28:45

Can I join too? I'm 27 and we are TTC#1. We spent about 6 months not preventing and are now stepping up our game with charting! AF is due on the 27th. Good luck all!!

HippyJess Tue 19-Nov-13 17:26:22

I'm not charting or temping or anything, but I do track my periods anyway as they used to be irregular and the app I use tells me when I'm ovulating anyway! Plus I can tell when I am, so... I'll know when I'm most fertile anyway I guess...

Sunshineonsea Tue 19-Nov-13 17:29:02

hippy what app do you use?

HippyJess Tue 19-Nov-13 17:50:24

It's called iPeriod, you can track things like symptoms too if you want. I use it to track the days we DTD as well! There are loads out there but this one's very user-friendly and not vomit-inducing wink

HippyJess Tue 19-Nov-13 17:54:38

(It's free as well)

ttc dc2 this month too! im 27, dh 31. trying not to get obsessive about it and just enjoy the rampant love making instead of hope everytime its 'the one' ..eeeee! ds1 is 9 so this is a big step! eek! I conceived ds1 within 2 months when I was very young and was pretty much drunk every night and we wasn't careful. even though im now one ovary down, we're actually trying and being healthy about it, im hoping its going to be just as easy! goodluck everyone!

mammabear4 Tue 19-Nov-13 19:31:33

Hi everyone, just thought I'd get in on this thread - me and my OH are also TTC - both aged 24. Decision made after getting our first house and both settling into stable careers. We have been wary of telling people as are expecting many to think we are too young! I'm glad to see lots of other hopeful mothers in their 20s. Echoing what somebody else just said - here's to the 2014 babies! We have been trying for under 1 month and I have been taking folic acid, but nothing else. I'm constantly in a state of apprehension at the moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now