TTC no 3? Anyone just started / about to start / about to start thinking about it?

(461 Posts)
bonzo77 Wed 06-Nov-13 14:59:00

I am absolutely not going to go nuts about it this time like I did for no 2. Because my kids have each other and won't be alone looking after their ancient parents in years to come. But a 3rd would be a bonus. And part of me doesn't care either way, and another part cannot wait for a lovely little snuggly new born. And part of me is enjoying getting my nights back, and my body, and is worried about the money, the lack of bedrooms, the need for a bigger car, having another miscarriage, or high risk pregnancy, a 3rd CS, a baby in intensive care. But then 5 months of no contraception and nothings happening..... The baby is 11 months, and we said we'd start putting more effort in once he is 1....

Anyone in the same boat? Want to hang out and worry / pretend not to worry?

2lilgirls Sat 16-Nov-13 17:27:55

Good luck bonzo. Will you test?

Re your earlier question, I never had morning sickness on my 2 dd's. lucky I know! Had severe exhaustion at night for the first 12 weeks and couldn't stay up after 8.30/9pm but that was all. Yes I would be nervous of a newborn plus 2 but I think the newborn would slot in nicely too. Tbh if I had conceived quickly I would probably have been more nervous but given that it seems to take me a bit of time I will just appreciate and embrace every minute of it smile also, no 3 would be our final baby so that would also make it all easier, knowing that. (I think) .

Christmas will be a great distraction for us if we've no bfp's and at least we can have a few glasses of bubbly over the festive season !

sj257 Sat 16-Nov-13 22:13:04

I POAS yesterday bonzo....neg! Still no AF! and no symptoms of AF coming either...!!

bonzo77 Sun 17-Nov-13 09:11:24

Well. I'm out. AF arrived this morning. On the upside that's a 29 day cycle I think, so more opportunities to try than my 34 day ones I suppose. And I'm due to get a birth mark removed next week, which I can now do without stressing about it.

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 10:22:15

Sorry bonzo but like you said 29 better than 30 something, didnt keep you waiting. Good luck with your procedure.

Sj257 I'm the same as you, AF due today or yesterday, still no sign and no symptoms. I won't even begin to dream about the possibility of a bfp until tonight.. I'll go and test In the morning if there's no sign of it.

Hi to everyone else X

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 17:11:56

No sign of AF yet which was due either yesterday or today, I had a positive opk Friday 2 weeks ago so assumed that meant ovulation on the Saturday/Sunday.

Sore boobs and nausea all day but I'm too afraid to even begin to get excited yet I can't help it. Knowing my luck AF will arrive soon and I've a tummy bug.

Eugh this is yachhhh...

I will go and buy a test in the morning if it stays away.

Anyone else on 2ww????

MrsW2909 Sun 17-Nov-13 20:20:14

Hi everyone, hope its ok to come into this convo - im due to have my coil out in 10 days (not that im counting at all!) as me and my new husband plan to start trying for baby no.3 ( itl be my husbands first) and its so exciting as i fell very unexpectedly pregnant with DS1 and DD2 so being able to do the whole ttc bit is all new to me!

Has anyone on here ever had the mirena coil to be able to pass on any advice about what to expect when i have it removed?

MrsW2909 Sun 17-Nov-13 20:22:32

Good luck with the test btw tomorrow 2lilgirls :-)

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 20:46:10

Good luck mrsW, congratulations on getting married. I've never had the coil in so I have no advice I'm afraid. I hope number 3 happens just as quickly.

Thanks, still no Af and I have nausea. It will be so cruel if I get a bfn or if AF shows up, this is the first month that I have been hopeful.

MrsW2909 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:24:13

How long have u been trying so far?

I'm not expecting anything in the first few months as I don't want to turn into a crazy woman just yet, I want to enjoy this stage u know?

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 21:28:59

Lol, I was like that for the first month ;-) I've been trying about 5 months. Dd1 happened first month trying and dd2 took a whole year. As much as I promised not to go crazy I just can't help it. I know that it will happen eventually, I'm sure.
Like I said below, it's hard to complain when there are people struggling for number 1 and 2.

ELR Sun 17-Nov-13 21:30:05

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1815363-Anyone-trying-for-no-3
2lilgirls here a thread I started a while ago

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 21:36:21

Oh that was it ELR, thank you. I take it you're still here as well? Nice to have some company. smile

ELR Sun 17-Nov-13 21:42:15

Just read thread and it's looking hopefull for you 2lilgirls fingers crossed!
I'm 11 dPO tomorrow approx as don't opk but have had dizziness and sore boobs for last week. Think I will test in the morning as got gp app in afternoon about the dizziness.
Know what you mean about the moaning I've been trying 4 months now and starting to think it's never going to happen although that's a silly thought as already got 2 gorgeous children!
Good luck everyone...

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 21:47:28

Ooooh dizziness and sore boobs are very welcome grin
What do you have, boys or girls or both and how long were you ttc them?

ELR Sun 17-Nov-13 22:00:32

Dd is 11 fell pregnant on cycle 2, ds is 8 fell pregnant on cycle 1 so quick with both. Never really done the ttc bit, would like another girl if I could choose but a boy would be just as nice! See you have 2 dd would you like another girl or a boy this time?

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 22:04:58

A boy would be lovely but I'm just broody for a baby!! 11 and 8, you will have great help and company smile I'm sure they'd adore baby!

2lilgirls Sun 17-Nov-13 22:14:36

I'll pop to tesco in the morning after the school run and buy a test. Will update then. I am hopeful. I'm late, no AF feeling and I have nausea but my body has played cruel tricks on me before.

Good luck with GP ELR. Don't forget that the tests they use aren't very sensitive.

Night X

2lilgirls Mon 18-Nov-13 10:09:36

Still no AF! So either I am pregnant or I didn't ovulate even though I had a positive opk 16 days ago. Sometimes your body can gear up for ovulation but it doesn't happen.
I'm trying not to get my hopes up but in all my time ttc over the years, AF always, always shows up 14 or 15 days after a +opk, I could set my watch for it.

Wish me luck, off out to buy a test.

Did you test ELR?

MrsW2909 Mon 18-Nov-13 11:03:34

Good luck! Im excited to hear ur news :-) hurry go do a test!

2lilgirls Mon 18-Nov-13 11:39:32

The test was negative, I'm so disappointed. To make it worse it was a digital, so I had to look at 'Not Pregnant' although maybe that's a good thing because i won't be looking for imaginary lines!! Not sure what is going on, I must have ovulated a little later. I just want period to hurry up now so I can concentrate on next month.
This ttc stuff is torture.

Thanks for checking in on me mrsW, hope we all get positive tests for Christmas. smile

MrsW2909 Mon 18-Nov-13 12:24:09

:-( sorry u didnt get the bfp u wanted, maybe ur going to get a christmas bfp instead :-)

ELR Mon 18-Nov-13 12:39:06

2lilgirls gutted for you, it's so disappointing isn't it? I was late last month had loads of signs ect but bfn and was really fed up!
Did a test this morning and also got a BFN! I am disappointed but at the same time I'm ok about it as I want to get these dizzy spells sorted first and need to get my iron and thyroid rechecked too as I suffer from problems with both.
DH and I have decided not to actively ttc in December so we can both chill out and drink over Christmas!
So hoping for a January BFP both my other two were conceived in late January and born in nov with only a few days apart so maybe January is a good month for us!!

2lilgirls Mon 18-Nov-13 12:58:04

That's a good plan ELR. I probably won't track in December but won't be careful either. I'm starting a diet today for Christmas so I'm sure that will help ttc too. I had lost weight a few months ago but put a lot on over the last 6 weeks :-(
I was feeling down over lunch time but I received a big box from amazon with a lot of my Christmas shopping, that lifted my spirits. Could only give a quick glance though because dd2 (3) here with me.

Sorry for your bfn too but like you said, best to get bloods done and check iron etc.

Talk soon ladies and thank you all for the support and lovely company. Xx

bonzo77 Mon 18-Nov-13 14:02:36

Hi mrsw. Here's a hopeful sprinkling of baby dust all round ....... (does that look a bit like dust?). Actually its the menfolk who should be getting on with that!

2lil it's not over till the fat lady sings. Sorry you're in crappy limbo though till something affirmative happens, either way.

ELR good idea to get other health things sorted first. It's easier to address them when you're not pregnant, and getting them sorted might help you get pg. Not that my little birthmark or my (sorry TMI) anal fissure are going to stop me getting pregnant, but anyway. Thyroid issues in your case cannot help. Are you hypo- or hyper-? (don't tell if you don't want to obviously).

SJ did AF the bitch show?

I'm always gutted for a bit when AF arrives. But then I remember that if I get pregnant in the next 3 months, the gap between DS2 and DC3 will be rather small (less than 2 years), and also, with my history of having babies early, I will have a child that is young in its school year. Having been on the receiving end of that, I felt that it did affect me in all sorts of ways, mostly minor), and it's easier not to be the baby of the school year.

So, silver lining and all that. And like a said before, I'll be pleased to be rid of this birthmark thing. It's only a small laser treatment, the NHS wouldn't do it, so going private.

Shall we do a stats thing? Copy and paste the stats before yours and then we'll all end up on a post together. I'll start:

Bonzo77 36yo, TTC#3 (2xDS), Cycle no: not sure, 6?

MrsW2909 Mon 18-Nov-13 14:21:30

Bonzo77 36yo, TTC#3 (2xDS), Cycle no: not sure, 6?

MrsW2809 27yo, TTC#3 (1 DS 1DD), cycle no: 0! - coil due out in 9 days!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now