Faint positive or am I imagining things?

(73 Posts)
kitkat321 Mon 04-Nov-13 22:32:04

Had an early miscarriage almost five weeks ago.

Been ttc since about a week after. No sign of AF. Some minor symptoms such as mild nausea, pmt like mood swings.

Poas tonight - a wee cheap test from super drug. In the result window there was one very clear line and one very very very faint pink line.

The remaining unused test has no lines visible - no matter how hard I look.

Could this be a positive or do some tests so this very faint line after use?

I had loads of bfns last time including a similar faint positive last time and took a while to get a clear result. Last time round I also felt more pg with lots of cramps and twinges but nothing this time!

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 15:28:54

I caved and bought more tests today - the first response ones just to see what's what.

Despite drinking about 5 large cups of tea today I decided to take the test and guest what - I got a BFP.

So either I am pregnant or my hormones are still high almost 6 weeks post mc.

Going to get a doctors appointment to see what he says.

BobaFetaCheese Mon 11-Nov-13 15:32:30

kitkat, what a roller-coaster you're on atm.
Hope the Dr gets you a blood test or a scan, fingers tightly crossed for the best news.

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 15:44:14

Thanks Bobafetacheese.

This was a much stronger positive than I've had previously which makes me wonder if it is a new pregnancy although it could be that this test is just more sensitive than the others I used.

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 15:49:15

Eeeeek get a pic up!!

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 15:56:26

Will try and put a pick up later - in work just now and will be hard to wangle it without getting some strange looks. It's currently hiding all wrapped up in my hand bag!!

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 16:08:32

I'm so excited for you!! I really really hope it's true for you!! X

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 16:14:32

Picture now on my profile.

Dr's booked for 9am tomorrow although I imagine I won't get results from him for a few days?

Better start taking folic acid again just in case - I'd stopped again last week.

RachelHRD Mon 11-Nov-13 16:21:43

My 6 year old faint positive is cuddled up next to me on the sofa!!!

Good luck xxx

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 16:22:39

Looks good to me!!! I would be freaking chuffed to see even a fraction of that line!!! Yippee! I'm so pleased for you!

The doc might want to take bloods 48 hours apart to detect the rise.

Everything crossed for you please keep us updated!!!

BobaFetaCheese Mon 11-Nov-13 16:52:49

That looks like a new pg line.
Can you afford/would you want to get a private scan done if your GP can't deliver results this week?

Keeping everything crossed for you still. X

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 17:01:07

I think it might be too early for a scan to show anything worth while?

EPU have advised me to phone them if I'm pregnant again and they will arrange a 7 week scan.

Wow kitkat that's a good line!!!

Really hope it's a new pg for you! Will keep fx for you smile

Are you about 6 weeks on from your mc kitkat? Only ask cause I had one recently and just wondering how soon it's possible to conceive again!

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 17:36:13

Mc will have been 6 weeks on Wednesday. It was a very early mc an I had very little bleeding and was ttc again 10 days post mc.

I heard chances of a successful pregnancy are better post mc so here's hoping!!

I have heard this as well, mine was also early so hopefully won't take too long to get a bfp againgrin

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 17:41:02

I tried desperately to conceive immediately post mc but mine was at 10 weeks and my hormone levels still showed bfp until I got my af... What a waste of energy!!

Massive congrats KitKat and fx for you spinning!!

Thanks Lucky, how awful having to wait for hormone levels to drop!
I did a test and got a bfn the day after bleeding stopped! Harsh but at least I knew I was ok to start again xx

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 17:46:46

It was harrowing if I'm honest. Getting bfps knowing it's a lie is awful! But that's in the past!! Onwards and upwards!!!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 11-Nov-13 19:55:52

I dont know if I've said this before, but for those ladies who have had A previous MC, the Posifrickentivity ttc after MC thread in conception is bloody marvellous. Theres another in Pregnancy for once you've got a BFP. They are wonderful, rolling threads that anyone can join at any time, and everyone knows exactly how everyone else is feeling. Do take a look. smile

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 21:30:35

I've just told DP and he's a bit shell shocked - should maybe have waited for the results first before spooking him!

kitkat321 Tue 12-Nov-13 09:38:05

Been to drs this morning and not really any clearer - he's adamant that its too long since last mc for the hormones to still be in my system - I challenged this and he laughed at me!

I've to hand in a fmu sample tomorrow morning for the surgery to test and have booked a mw appt for next week.

Also checked my bp and all ok.

Had some slight cramping this morning which has panicked me a bit - just scared now that I'll be unlucky and mc again!

Moffit Tue 12-Nov-13 23:59:32

Congratulations kitkat! Hope the test at the doctors and the early scan put your mind at rest. You will naturally be nervous about this pregnancy following your recent experience (I know I was). Good luck!

kitkat321 Wed 13-Nov-13 08:33:40

Thanks Moffit!

Still having some cramping/spotting - it subsided yesterday but is back again this morning so hoping some blood tests much help clarify whether or not hormone levels are rising or if I've been unlucky again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now