Faint positive or am I imagining things?

(73 Posts)
kitkat321 Mon 04-Nov-13 22:32:04

Had an early miscarriage almost five weeks ago.

Been ttc since about a week after. No sign of AF. Some minor symptoms such as mild nausea, pmt like mood swings.

Poas tonight - a wee cheap test from super drug. In the result window there was one very clear line and one very very very faint pink line.

The remaining unused test has no lines visible - no matter how hard I look.

Could this be a positive or do some tests so this very faint line after use?

I had loads of bfns last time including a similar faint positive last time and took a while to get a clear result. Last time round I also felt more pg with lots of cramps and twinges but nothing this time!

Feelingfatty Thu 07-Nov-13 18:58:57

Oh kit kat I really hope you are pregnant or that's just so cruel!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow! Xx

kitkat321 Thu 07-Nov-13 19:02:56

Thanks. Did another at home and another bfn although urine was almost clear as I've drank tonnes of water. Will see what tomorrow brings!

Ah I'm sorry....it's so hard after a mc isn't it....i'm in the same situation.

Really hoping you get a stick bfp soon xx

stick? should say sticky! smile

Feelingfatty Thu 07-Nov-13 19:13:10

Definitely make next one fmu, fingers crossed!!!! Xx

grobagsforever Thu 07-Nov-13 19:19:38

What brand did you do today kitkat? Very best of luck to you.

kitkat321 Thu 07-Nov-13 20:01:18

I tried 2 from the £ shop - I never got positives with them in last pregnancy.

beatofthedrum Thu 07-Nov-13 20:06:16

Fingers crossed for you, there is definitely hope. I remember the feeling of so desperately wanting the line to be there. Very best of luck.

whereisthewitch Thu 07-Nov-13 20:38:52

I had this op...faint lines for about 3 days before the cbdsaidpregnant.
Currently 9 weeks...try again in a few days.

Feelingfatty Thu 07-Nov-13 23:08:18

I think there's still hope smile xx

kitkat321 Fri 08-Nov-13 07:48:18

2 fmu tests this morning - one from asda and one from the £ shop - both bfn so it looks like a no.

The asda one did have a slight line about an hour later when I checked it again but not the £ one and I suspect it's just an evap line.

Oh well - just need to keep ttc.

I'm actually finding this whole experience more upsetting than the mc.

Luckystar1 Fri 08-Nov-13 11:23:04

Oh KitKat, I'm sorry you're feeling down. I'm going through the same thing (I've actually poked my boobs so much to see if they're sore, that they're now sore!)

We must just believe it will happen. And it will. Do whatever you have to to remain sane.

Thinking of you and Fx. X

kitkat321 Fri 08-Nov-13 17:58:50

Thanks luckystar. Any symptoms I had (or imagined I had) seem to have vanished - just feeling a bit tired and emotional now.

Still no sign of AF - think I'll just assume the worst and wait it out.

Hope you get a more positive result! X

Luckystar1 Sun 10-Nov-13 21:54:01

Any sign of af??

I've done a billion tests (only a mild exaggeration), all bfn, af due on Wed, so think I'm out this month.

kitkat321 Sun 10-Nov-13 22:46:55

Still no sign - I'm so over it now! Hoping that by pretending not to care AF will make an appearance. Will test again later this week if still no sign!

Fingers crossed your next test is a bfp!!

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 07:22:04

I did another test this morning, bfn. I'm getting very upset as I have sore boobs (been getting gradually worse since sat week) and nausea, I really hope these aren't my new pms symptoms as I'll go crazy every blooming month!!

I'm trying to do the whole nonchalent routine.... I hope it's working enter for you than me!!

kitkat321 Mon 11-Nov-13 07:50:44

Oh you poor thing! I was really upset last week but seem to have perked up this week - I was a emotional wreck on Friday!

Still keeping fingers crossed for you xxx

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 08:30:49

And for you. I know deep down I'm out though, we had some 'performance' issues this month... Apparently waving on ov stick and shouting 'we need to Dtd now' is not a turn on... Who knew?! Haha!

Oooh luck star just stopped by to see if there was any news from kitkat and saw your last post!!!!

I have the same issues with dp!!!! And was just saying on another thread that he doesn't even like to know when I'm ov'ing!!!!

Makes it hard doesn't it! I have to try and get him in the moodwinkblush

Oh and hope you get your bfp soon smile

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 10:16:17

Hi Spinning! It's such a mare isn't it?! We missed my 2 most fertile days due to 'pressure'... I must admit I lost it on the 2nd day and started crying... I can advise that that is definitely NOT a turn on!!

Fx for you too!! When are you due??

Haha I've done the crying thing as well....not good!!!

Due to ov wed or thurs I think but already feeling stressed about dtd at the right time!!! If it was up to me I'd be doing it everyday....maybe ttwice grin

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 11:42:47

Ooo I'll keep my Fx for you!! Why is it that when you're trying not to get pregnant they're always ready... And just when they could come in useful, Nada!!!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 11-Nov-13 11:52:15

Lucky if AF is overdue, you need to go to the GP and get a blood test. It will definitively pick up the PG hormone.
The performance issues when you are trying is quite common I think. DP had the same. I never told him when I ovulated, and showed the same interest in him when I wasn't. Its not easy for men, they do get a bit of stage fright!

Luckystar1 Mon 11-Nov-13 12:38:21

I'm not due til Wed, so I'm fully expecting af then. My boobs are very sensitive, which was my first sign with my last (mc) pregnancy, but in a different place, so I just figure the good old mc has messed up my hormones beyond all recognition...

I know, next month I start cbfm so I'll have to muster my most frisky side!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now