ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

OPKs are confusing me. Please help!

(4 Posts)
fliss02 Fri 01-Nov-13 20:41:29

I'm sorry if I'm asking a really obvious question/s but I'm confused and it would be great to get some advice. I am using clear blue ovulation test strips for the first time this month (the ones that just either show a smiley face or an empty circle). Anyway, on Wednesday I got an empty circle, yesterday I got a smiley face and today I got an empty circle. Is it normal to only get one positive per cycle? I thought people often got more than that. Also, when is it likely I will have ovulated based on that? DH and I dtd on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - is that likely to be enough? Any answers/advice will be massively appreciated. Thanks

HungryHorace Fri 01-Nov-13 22:58:29

You're not meant to test again after the smiley.

You should ovulate 24-48 hours after the smiley.

The good news is your DTD was well-timed. Good luck!

fliss02 Fri 01-Nov-13 23:32:28

Thanks v v v much HungryHorace. I didn't know you weren't meant to test after the smiley and glad you thing dtd was well timed. Fingers crossed!

MrsMac1397 Wed 13-Nov-13 19:40:56

I think I've been using the same type of tests as you. I had a smiley face on day 10 and then had a few days of egg white and wet cm but as I'm temping I haven't see the expected rise after ovulation so I decided to retest on day 12 and got a circle then I tested today (day 14) and I got another smiley face. Can you have two separate surges? I'm going to keep dtd and just hope for the best.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now