Ridiculously faint line on cb....

(25 Posts)
keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 17:52:47

Hi all,

I had that this morning, just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this with a positive result?
I know I have to wait a couple days and try again but I'm sooo impatient.

Would love to hear your experiences

I found I got a result on a digi when cb was barely there. Good luck

keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 18:15:16

did you do the digi the same day?

creepypenisreaper Fri 01-Nov-13 18:17:44

A line is a line, it's positive.

creepypenisreaper Fri 01-Nov-13 18:29:22

Does CB mean 'ClearBlue?'

Be sure that it is a line on the actual paper, as opposed to a scratch refliecting off of the little plastic window. This has happened to me, and another time I thought there was an extremely faint line (I wanted it so much, you see) but my OH couldn't see it. My eyes were telling me what I wanted to see.

If you are sure that it is an actual line (again, no matter how faint its still a positive) then a Digital Test will also come up positive.

Yes digi was same day/same FMU.
The lesson I learnt - ensure your FMU goes in a pot and don't chuck it away immediately - there may be a day you want to dip multiple tests in it!

keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 18:35:54

yea clearblue
This is what's troubling me, I want it so bad. but I'm sure the is the tiniest line its a shame that you cant ask no one else, it take a picture it doesnt even come out.
I was going to try and wait a couple days before using the digi test.

AppleYumYum Fri 01-Nov-13 18:36:57

Mine was v faint and I'd left it for past the indicated time to develop, and here I am 30 weeks up the duff. Yes yes to doing a CB digital, takes the guesswork out of it

keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 18:38:02

lol I never peed in a pot - least I know for next time

keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 18:38:59

ok thanks all, think I will go get one for tomorrow now

creepypenisreaper Fri 01-Nov-13 18:42:44

According to the website, you can test 4 days before your period is due- have you already missed it?

If I were you I would be testing now I love a POAS thread

keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 18:46:31

I still have 9 days to go lol
I wasnt quite sure after my last af I jst havent felt right

TheBuggerlugsThatActuallyPosts Fri 01-Nov-13 19:16:14

How any days is it since you ovulated? If you mean its still 9 days until your af is due aka 5do then an embryo won't have even hatched and implanted yet so there is very little chance of you testing positive on a test as the pregnancy hormone isn't released until after implantation.

keepswimming1 Fri 01-Nov-13 20:39:34

HI buggerlugs
The honest answer is im unsure. I normally get ovulation pain but never this month and I only had a light period last month. I had ewcm roughly 7-9 days ago

TheBuggerlugsThatActuallyPosts Sat 02-Nov-13 08:47:50

If you ovulated around 7-9 days ago you're likely to get a bfp if you're pregnant quite soon. Id try again with your first wee of the day with one from superdrug. They can be used from 10dpo.

TheBuggerlugsThatActuallyPosts Sat 02-Nov-13 08:48:05

And good luck smile

Yes with my 2nd, it was so faint only I could see it, it was like I was hallucinating, took forever for dp to see it too!
we bought another two and it was still there on those

he's 5 next week grin

keepswimming1 Sat 02-Nov-13 09:04:39

I got a Not Pregnant this morning on cb digi
so disappointing

TheBuggerlugsThatActuallyPosts Sat 02-Nov-13 11:53:44

keep id suggest laying off the piss sticks till next sat.

keepswimming1 Sat 02-Nov-13 13:54:32

Yea I Will be laying off them completely hopeully smile

tracypenisbeaker Sat 02-Nov-13 15:45:09

Come back and update us though, this could still be your POAS thread smile

MrsFlorrick Sat 02-Nov-13 15:50:39

With DS I had a faint line at 6dpo. DH said it wasn't there. Tested again next day and line was darker.
It was a superdrug one btw.

It all depends on when you ov'd and when that egg was fertilised and how quickly it travelled through your Fallopian tube into your uterus and how quickly it attached to your lining. So with DS it was all clearly super quick or I had ov earlier than I thought.

Good luck.

keepswimming1 Sat 02-Nov-13 17:03:01

Ok - I will have the patience to wait for af now. hopefully

I will post whether she arrive or not next weekend smile

tracypenisbeaker Sat 02-Nov-13 17:23:33

Maybe bulk buy some internet cheapies- the exact same thing as what doctors use. The amount of money I wasted on plastic window tests- some days I even did about 3 or 4 tests because 'Oh maybe my urine wasn't strong enough, I did drink a lot of fluids.' 'Maybe my urine was the wrong temperature.' 'Maybe I flooded the test!' 'Maybe I was too early testing.' Any excuse to do a test grin

Tests can be stupidly overpriced in the supermarkets, especially the plastic ones, however the strips have the exact same accuracy if used properly. Also, if you're not successful this time around (fingers crossed though) then you have a steady supply to keep you going, and you won't need to have that agonising wait to get to the shops because you want to test. The link has good value mid-streams and strips. If you have luck with these and want reassurance then you could invest in a CB.

www.homehealth-uk.com/medical/pregnancy-tests.htm

keepswimming1 Sat 02-Nov-13 17:59:44

Thanks tracy
I will probably try to wait until Wednesday to order some that way I wont be able to poas until af is at least due lol
And I know what you mean about the oh maybe's, today witht the digi test I turn it upside down and the instructions says not to 'so maybe I ruined the test' I'm sure I could think of things all day smile
Thanks again for your replies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now