ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Shettles Method - Gender Swaying for a girl ... anyone else??

(14 Posts)
technobimbo92 Thu 31-Oct-13 11:33:43

Recently started ttc and we have decided to sway for a girl as we already have a little boy. I was just wondering if anyone else is doing the same? it would be great having someone to talk to about the obsessive timing paranoia and lack of bacon sandwhiches lol x

Adp007 Thu 31-Oct-13 22:15:06

We have a boy too so would be interested to hear your thoughts and any old wives tales as a girl would be lovely to finish our family. Not read up much on it myself. (Hoping it's too late already tee hee- 7 dpo!!)

technobimbo92 Thu 31-Oct-13 22:27:21

Well the idea is that you have stop having sex about 3 days before ovulation , male sperm are faster but die quicker if the egg isnt there and female sperm are slower but live longer so basically there will be a maority of female sperm left when you ovulate which increases your chances of concieving a girl. Female sperm live longer in a more acidic environment and males is alkaline so the idea is to get as much calcium and magnesium as you can and avoid potassium and sodium which is bread , potatoe and generally anything high in salt or processed foods. im currently taking calcium and magnesium tablets avoiding potassium and sodium , taking angus castus which is classed as a sway for a girl and im taking cranberry tablets which also alter your ph levels . im also doing the whole timing sex thing its all quite exhausting lol to be honest but some women do much stronger sways than that but this is as far as i will go x

Adp007 Fri 01-Nov-13 05:31:04

Where do you get angus castus from? Will try this for next month if this month is a bfn

Iheartcustardcreams Fri 01-Nov-13 06:15:50

I don't believe it works. How to you explain boy/ girl twins? Also if it was that easy you wouldn't have so many families with one gender. I know two people that tried and it didn't work. Good luck!

IrnBruTheNoo Fri 01-Nov-13 18:09:28

Don't bother trying if you only want a specific gender. You've a chance of either getting a boy or a girl, that's as good as it gets.

What's meant for you won't go by you.....

No harm in trying I guess but agree with the others, what's ment to be will be, I have a friend with now 3 boys who tried and last had sex 4 days before ov, she still got a boy and I have 2 girls and had sex on day of ov both times and eat loads of potatoes, bread etc
The only thing I'd worry about is when your specifically trying for a certain "flavour" you can only be disappointed more if it doesn't work

technobimbo92 Fri 01-Nov-13 21:17:44

well i know people who have done a sway and it worked for them. I didnt say i wanted a specific gender i would be more than happy with another little boy. Im sure my son would love a little brother with a small age gap aswell but we would love to have one of each as we only want 2 children. I would definatley not be dissapointed if it was a boy and i didnt ask for other peoples oppinion on gender swaying i asked if anyone else was doing it. Ive done all my own research thankyou .

nearlyreadytopop Sat 02-Nov-13 08:31:18

I'm wondering how taking AC effects sex of baby? I took it for pcos reasons and had a boy!

technobimbo92 Sat 02-Nov-13 19:38:37

AC contains progrestrone (may not have spelt that right) and it apparently favours female sperm not sure why. It obviously helps people to concieve so i dont think its just used to sway for a girl but i heard it helps . I didnt write this post for people to tell me im wrong and its not going to work etc it was just to see if anyone else was doing the same so i had someone to talk to about it. definatley wont be posting on here again .

nearlyreadytopop Sat 02-Nov-13 21:18:23

Sorry op, I didn't mean to come across as telling you ac wouldn't work. Just curious really as to what the mechanism could be. smile

technobimbo92 Sun 03-Nov-13 18:18:49

Shettles method only works if you do the diet and have sex at the right time If you take AC and your not doing the diet and having sex right on top of ovulation then obviously its not going to favour a girl. Women trying for a boy don't take AC its all explained in detail if you want to look the method up.

ELR Sun 03-Nov-13 19:30:48

Not trying the method but trying for no 3 and would like a girl. All we have been doing so far is stopping sex before ovulation but it's just a guess really as not exactly sure when I do ovulate.
As it happens I am taking calcium and magnesium supplements but for a different reason didn't know it might help ttc a girl!
Good luck techno

technobimbo92 Sun 03-Nov-13 19:42:35

Thankyou ELR .. Good luck to you too its worth giving it a go x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now