Pregnant after Cerazette

(25 Posts)
SaraRB123 Sun 27-Oct-13 20:47:14

Hi everyone. Very new to this site! My partner and I have recently decided to try for our first baby after being together for 10 years. I've been taking Cerazette for 4 years - microgynon for 6 years before that. I've done the worst possible thing and googled Cerazette and the effect if has on your body...and have read some horror stories of ladies not conceiving for years after taking it?! So just wondering if anyone has any lovely positive experience of getting pregnant quickly after taking it? Thank you in advance...Sara xxx

BetterWithCheese Sun 27-Oct-13 20:54:26

I used Cerazette after my first DC. I came off it in August, finally got period in October and then had regular cycles after that and got BFP in April, almost 32 weeks now. I don't think it would've taken long if we hadn't kept missing fertile period due to living with ILs!

I read all that stuff too as took almost 2 months to get first period but it really was okay. Wishing you lots of luck!

squaretoes Sun 27-Oct-13 20:57:45

I came off cerazette in July 2011, found out I was pregnant in September 2011. I never even had AF, conceived in my first cycle after coming off.

Took me a bit by surprise as I had read the same horror stories as you...

Good luck!

killpeppa Sun 27-Oct-13 21:04:13

I got pregnant ON ceracette

killpeppa Sun 27-Oct-13 21:04:38

*cerazette

stupid iPhone

SaraRB123 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:05:10

Aww thank you! That makes me feel better. Any advice on trying to keep track of when I'm ovulating? I don't want to go straight into this with charts etc, but having a rough idea would be god - someone told me about some kind of strips you can buy??!! Xx

DorsetLass Sun 27-Oct-13 21:11:53

I came off it and actually waited a few months for my cycle to normalise (took a couple if months) then got pregnant within two months of trying. I think it just depends how long it takes for your periods to start - and remember it takes an average of a year to get pregnant anyway - I think we forget that and expect it to happen straight away! Good luck!!

mama31 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:14:25

Hi sara. I came off cerazette in July and now on my 5th cycle but have only really been tracking ovulation for the previous 2 cycles and I do have short cycles so that's why I'm now on my 5th since end of July! I use the cheap amazon one step ovulation tests and they are fine, they always detect my ovulation and actually got a near positive today so expecting positive by tomorrow.....only on cd5 so that was a bit of a shock to be ovulating so early this cycle, but with short cycles I do seem to ovulate quite early anyway. Good luck! I will keep you posted as to when I get my BFP.

SaraRB123 Sun 27-Oct-13 21:18:36

Aww mama31 good luck to you and I look forward to hearing about your positive!! I am absolutely prepared for this to take some time, think I just needed to hear some positive stories to cheer myself up a bit xx

honey86 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:00:25

im 39weeks preg atm. i was on cerazette for bout a year i think. i was also worried about sudden fertility probs, cos of cerazette scare stories n cos theres thyroid/blood clotting/fertility problems rife in my family. i was sure id take a good several months.
but i got my bfp before i even got a proper period- within 2-3 weeks of taking my last pill. so dont worry too much x

pebble82 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:04:03

SaraRB123 I'm in the same boat, we've decided to try for our first and I've scared myself by reading horror stories too. I was on microgynon for 8 years and recently cerazette for just 3 months. This thread has made me feel much better about everything after I was cursing my GP for not pointing out any of the "cons" of Cerazette (although I've found it to be fine - no issues as far as I know). Been off it now for 3 weeks and no period so far but looks like that's all normal. Fingers crossed it goes well for us all smile

SaraRB123 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:14:52

Wow honey86 congrats!!! Do you know if it's pink or blue flavour yet? I'm so hoping it happens quickly for me. I only came off the pill on Friday, and already I feel bloated sore boobs etc - feel like I'm going to come on already so hoping that means my body is going to get back into the swing of things quite quickly! Xx

honey86 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:40:40

blue smile i had symptoms for 2 weeks n kept getting BFNs i was driving myself mad testing daily. i was just starting to resign myself to the thought that it was all in my head, when a faint line finally showed up. womans instincts are a wonderful thing lol x

MrsS28 Sun 27-Oct-13 22:46:43

I was on Cerazette for a few years, came off, got pregnant 3 months later. Went back on it 6 weeks after having my little girl. Came off it again when ready to try for number 2 and was pregnant 3 weeks later-before I'd even had a period!!! Hope that cheers you up grin xxx

IAmABam Sun 27-Oct-13 22:46:56

I came off cerazette in March after 6 years, I'm due my first baby at Christmas!

SaraRB123 Sun 27-Oct-13 23:00:10

Wow this thread gives me lots of hope!! I'm so very excited, I just hope it happens soon, but I'm ready for a wait.

IAmABam congratulations!!! If you only came off in march you must have conceived very quickly!! Xx

MrsS28 that does make me feel better! I've heard such horror stories about it taking such a long time, and didn't want to get my hopes up that the way I'm feeling could be my withdrawal bleed, but maybe it is!! Xx

Anyone used any apps to track ovulation? Or any strips to test ovulation? I know it's very early days for me, but just trying to find out everything I can xxx

SaraRB123 Sun 27-Oct-13 23:00:50

Honey86 did you have a withdrawal bleed or any periods before you got pregnant? X

honey86 Mon 28-Oct-13 00:30:40

yeah alot! i didnt really have a cycle- i had a really long bleed til day 19, spotting on n off for a few days, bled again days 25-28. according to my ff chart, i ov'd on day 37 (but didnt get a +opk) just before a temp rise. got my bfp on day 51.

it was a very irregular, disorganised, and erratic chart- ive had a job trying to figure out a due date from it. had to rely on the dating scan for that x

honey86 Mon 28-Oct-13 00:43:59

note- i was on cerazette for the first 3 weeks of that 'cycle' so i suspect the withdrawal bleed was the four-day one.
if i knew how to get the chart link from the app id show u what i mean... but i cant find one blush

MrsS28 Mon 28-Oct-13 05:28:50

I used a free app called "free menstrual calendar" and it helped both times. I also came off Cerazette this march and am now 34 weeks pregnant. Good luck x

mama31 Mon 28-Oct-13 19:10:07

Hey ladies! Very reassuring to hear all of your BFP stories after Cerazette!!! smile although I'm on cycle 5 I feel i wasn't tracking ovulation until cycle3 really so I'm not too concerned as I feel it also has taken my body a while to regulate again after the pill. Hoping for a lucky cycle number 5 this month though!!!! Coming up to ovulation in the next few days so getting busy! ;)

Good luck Sara I hope you don't have a long wait! And I would def get some opks as I wish now I'd started them at the beginning!!

SaraRB123 Mon 28-Oct-13 19:16:40

mama31 - I'm a bit confused about the opks to be honest - having never used them, nor even actually looked into what they are really, I've ordered some 10 and 20 miu as I didn't know the difference? And sorry for the detail,but do I poas and that will tell me whether I'm ovulating or not? I have read that they are just an early pregnancy test which isnt what I want? I'm so confused!! xx

SaraRB123 Mon 28-Oct-13 19:17:41

Thanks MrsS28 Good luck this next week or so! Looking forward to hearing some good news... ;-) xx

neontetra Mon 28-Oct-13 19:25:24

I was on cerazette for years and years, and got pregnant 5 months after coming off (was over thirty, too!) The on-line horror stories freaked me out, too. Good luck all. And for those just coming off cerazette, watch out for the symptoms you can get on stopping, which are just like early pregnancy symptoms - nausea, sore boobs, metallic taste in mouth etc. Really got my hopes up in the first month!

SaraRB123 Mon 28-Oct-13 19:27:47

Thanks neontetra - will watch out for those symptoms! I feel lots better after chatting on here and hearing some of the positive stories - not all horror :-) xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now