Roll up, roll up, come enjoy the BESH funfair!

(1000 Posts)
MyNameIsWinkly Sat 12-Oct-13 09:31:04

Come to the BESH funfair - we have a coconut shy, apple bobbing, dodgems and much much more. The prizes? Shiny new BFPs, of course. You can only go on the rides if you're a barren 30plus-er, the entrance fee is one completed BESHtionairre.

MyNameIsWinkly Sun 13-Oct-13 11:44:05

Today I am mostly doing nothing, then starting work at 10pm. There may be a nap in there somewhere.

How's the baking going? My banana loaf the other day obstinately refused to rise. Still ate it though.

My stomach hurts a bit today, which I assume is unconnected to the unrisen loaf. Entering "droid any day now" territory, poo.

How's everyone else?

evilgiraffe Sun 13-Oct-13 11:50:39

Still stunned grin

The paperwork is not so terrible, bugs, just those questions rather surprised us!

I am also in the baking club; we are going out for dinner at friends' this evening, so I have just put a key lime pie in the fridge so we can take it with us later. Technically not baking, I suppose, but still pudding so it counts, right?

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sun 13-Oct-13 12:25:49

I've never made a Key lime pie. draf its something on my 'to do' list though. I bake the banana loaf from the bc website and it always comes out fine.

KatAndKit Sun 13-Oct-13 15:11:11

Where the fuck is droid? Was expecting it yesterday. That would have been 15 days from positive opk therefore assumedly 14 dpo. Used to have 13 day luteal phase when i was ttc before. No sticks in house at all. No symptoms at all. Headfuck

ivf paperwork sounds ridiculous. Nobody asked me if i would be a fit parent.
people at the ivf stage are people who desperately want a child, not people who have stumbled into parenthood without a thought.

eurochick Sun 13-Oct-13 16:16:03

I found the "would you be a fit parent" stuff really offensive. It's a hoop the fertile don't have to go though and I think it's largely to avoid Daily Mail type "paedo has child thru state-funded IVF" type headlines. Harrumph. I've now filled them out at 4 clinics too (NHS, IUI place, Create and potential new clinic). Sigh.

draf is it sinking in at all yet?

We've spent the weekend at a friend's. They have 2 kids and she's pregnant with a third. But it was fine. Lovely actually. I am surprised I am this sane with the due date approaching.

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sun 13-Oct-13 19:06:27

Kat when do you intend to Poas? Do you not need to know pretty pronto if you're diffed for the blood thinning jabs?

Euro glad you're feeling ok. I'm fine being around baybees but its when I get home that it hits.

evilgiraffe Sun 13-Oct-13 22:05:16

When our consultant referred us for IVF he was very clear that he found having to ask us the fit parent question extremely distasteful, but it's a legal requirement. I think you're right, euro, it's about the headlines more than anything else. Imagine the uproar if anyone suggested sterilising everyone convicted of physical abuse? At best, it's a demeaning set of requirements - who has the right to judge whether someone else should be allowed to reproduce?

Glad you're okay so far, euro. It really is a shitter.

On a happier note, I've just read back through the thread - happy honeymoon, Kat! smile When we got back from ours people kept asking "did you have a nice time, what did you do". It's quite difficult to sound interesting, truthful, and remain appropriate for polite company when the answer really is "we slept, ate, and had a lot of sex"... grin

Key lime pie (aka lime cheesecake) went down a treat. Hurrah for puddings! The idea of diffment still feels very much like a made-up thing; HOTB keeps calling me a faker with an expression of stunned bafflement on his face grin He was even more stone-cold certain that it wouldn't work than I was, so has been completely thrown for a loop.

How are you feeling today Draf, any sign of it sinking in yet?! I presume you're getting an early scan as it's an IVF win?

evilgiraffe Mon 14-Oct-13 10:57:54

Not really sinking in, Frank, but I am about to call the GP to make an appointment - seems a bit surreal! Yep should be getting an early scan in about three weeks, so we're back to letterbox watching for a date smile Despite taking the mick out of HOTB at the time, I'm pleased he took a photo of yesterday's test, so I can remind myself that it is not, in fact, a dream grin

I did that! Had a photo of the three tests on my phone to look at during the day. My internal monologue for the first few weeks was pretty much "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" grin

Draf SO sorry I missed tasselling on Sat for you. Will put in extra effort now <swings large knockers round room a few times giving Draf a black eye> OVER THE MOON FOR YOU!
What did the clinic say? How are you feeling?

JethroTull Mon 14-Oct-13 18:20:34

Draf I POAS every day for about 6 weeks after my BFP. I could have made a sculpture out of all the piss sticks! It was reassuring to see the line though.

MyNameIsWinkly Mon 14-Oct-13 18:36:32

LOL at the piss-stick sculpture grin

draf I'm sure it will start to sink in soon.

kat any POAS news?

I reckon I'm about 10dpo and fed up. It probably doesn't help that I'm on nights and tired, but I'm so utterly fed up with the never ending cycle of frustration and disappointment.

evilgiraffe Mon 14-Oct-13 18:37:09

Hehe, Jeff, I daren't POAS now in case I jinx it! Managed not to this morning, so I think I've broken the urge especially as all the sticks I have left are out of date and HOTB won't let me get more

Thanks, Merk! The clinic called back while I was driving, so talked to HOTB - all the expected stuff about what not to eat, and to expect a letter with a scan date in the next ten days or so (scan should be three weeks from now, approx). She said "cautious congratulations", which is about right, I think. We're both trying not to get too excited just in case, though are constantly upping our joke-guesses for how many (of the two) embryos implanted and if either/both have divided into twins... HOTB is currently going with seven hmm shock grin Embryos are currently nicknamed Luke and Leia, because we are not cool at all...

Enough about me. How's everyone else?

cherrycoconut Mon 14-Oct-13 21:20:10

He he draf septuplets you say, congrats. That's some menkulling going on in your household. Not sure we have enough nipple tassels between us for that.

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Mon 14-Oct-13 22:27:37

Bloody Hell Draf I didn't realise you had 2 put back. You could be the first OMGIVFTWINZ win for the BESH!!!!!

evilgiraffe Mon 14-Oct-13 22:55:48

Yeah, they put two back because none of the seven that were still alive on day five looked very good - by day six the remainder were very ropey, hence getting no frosties. HOTB (being both a maths brain and good at remembering statistics given by the embryologist) reliably informs me that the odds are slightly more in favour of both having implanted rather than just one, so who knows <shrug>

KatAndKit Tue 15-Oct-13 06:01:43

Bloody hell i have had a crazy couple of days. Bugs comment made me get my head out of the sand. I used a cbfm stick which showed peak ( i know how to read the lines). Sent husband out for piss stick. The good news is that i am pregnant. The less good news is that only two hours after poas i had a small bleed. Expected shortest diff ever and droid by morning but it stopped overnight. Am still pregnant but not any symptoms and no idea if it is viable or not. Doctors today. I thought we had missed the egg this month. I have now bled in four out of four diffments. Even with the minikit i had a bleed so i know it isn't certain doom but i will be happier when i get me some clexane. And some dildocamming of course.

waves to draf and the triplets.

sorry for being an instadiffer. Honest, it took me over a year first time round! Watch this space for scan news, i guess ill know within a month if it is a sticky one or a duff.

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Tue 15-Oct-13 07:17:17

Whoop Kat thats great news (except the bleeding of course)

Hope you get some answers soon,I know what a headfuck it all is.

<applies tassles under work suit and does little jig>

evilgiraffe Tue 15-Oct-13 08:03:16

Kat! Hurrah! That's fabulous news, congratulations smile <jiggles tassels>

Wow Kat, that's fantastic news. Keeping everything crossed that the bleed is nothing to worry about.

eurochick Tue 15-Oct-13 10:04:29

Blimey kat that is impressive diff speed!

draf I'm loving the menkulling!

FizzyFeet Tue 15-Oct-13 11:00:31

Congrats, kat, that's great! Sending sticky vibes your way. Hope you get some drucks and a fanboy-cam v soon.

cherrycoconut Tue 15-Oct-13 12:26:42

OMG diffs a plenty for the BESH right now, congrats Kat
<whips out tassles for a lunchtime shimmy>

JethroTull Tue 15-Oct-13 16:38:02

Congrats Kat. Thinking sticky thoughts for you & sending some calm positive vibes. smilesmile

This thread is not accepting new messages.