Roll up, roll up, come enjoy the BESH funfair!

(1000 Posts)
MyNameIsWinkly Sat 12-Oct-13 09:31:04

Come to the BESH funfair - we have a coconut shy, apple bobbing, dodgems and much much more. The prizes? Shiny new BFPs, of course. You can only go on the rides if you're a barren 30plus-er, the entrance fee is one completed BESHtionairre.

MyNameIsWinkly Sat 12-Oct-13 09:32:54

DRAF!!!! Omg!!!! Enjoy that cuppa. How are you feeling? <Utterly fails to hook a duck with excitement>

Sorry if anyone doesn't like the feme. It was an emergency.

evilgiraffe Sat 12-Oct-13 09:35:28

Hahaha, I didn't even notice that I managed to announce a BFP on post #999 grin Still mostly feeling in total shock, to be honest.

JethroTull Sat 12-Oct-13 10:12:34

New Fred & a feck

JethroTull Sat 12-Oct-13 10:14:17

Oh I pressed post too soon in my excited state!! A win! A win!!! <runs off to find tassels>

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sat 12-Oct-13 10:34:23

Draaaaaaf you is updiffed!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

<feels sick after too much candyfloss>

eurochick Sat 12-Oct-13 10:36:50

What a way to end the thread! Hurrah!

Get off the dodgems NOW draf - you have a baybee on board. smile

Draf!!!!!!!!!!!! You're a differ grin

KatAndKit Sat 12-Oct-13 12:02:59

Woo hoo!! What great news to come home too. Congratulations!!

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sat 12-Oct-13 12:04:56

Welcome back Kat where have you been? Anywhere nice?

I'm currently torn between throwing everything into.my next cycle, cb ov sticks, loadsa shagging etc or just not charting / watching / day counting....I'm an all or nothing sorta girl.

Fabuluce Sat 12-Oct-13 12:19:49

Whoop whoop draf that's awesome news!!

KatAndKit Sat 12-Oct-13 12:58:06

Been on honeymoon to marrakech. Typically at wrong time for ttc but funsechs is better for honeymoon anyway. On droidwatch today. No preg symptoms at all.

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sat 12-Oct-13 13:29:51

Oooh how lovely Kat! You've arrived home just intime for the shit weather!

I read a really good fred in fertility and have decided that not having children, is not an option so I'm going to continue the cb opks and carry on giving this everything I have before the inevitable IVF time arrives.

Sounds like a plan Bugs, when is your IVF appointment?

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sat 12-Oct-13 13:48:01

November sometime. We get a 'call' and have to.go do.all.the.paperwork then start stabbing on my next droid.....although the clinic we'll be at (Care in Manchester) shuts down for 3 weeks at Crimbo so it will depend how it falls with that and whether I'm short or long protocol so it could actually end up being in Jan that I start the stabbing.

Is it worth giving them a call just to say droid has arrived, so they can potentially work out how your cycles might fit in, or does paperwork (the yawny part) have to be done first?

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sat 12-Oct-13 15:47:21

The paperwork has to be done. Its all the legal & ethical shiz. We'll also need all the blood tests again for hiv etc.

GingerScouse Sat 12-Oct-13 15:59:32

Amazing news draf!!!

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Sat 12-Oct-13 16:13:31

Tassling with my enormous boobs for you, draf!

Waves at rest! I am hiding while spotting and enjoying myself w SB abroad... 13 sleeps til scan!

FizzyFeet Sat 12-Oct-13 17:14:22

Hurrah!!!! draf that's such awesome news!

<strips off to nipple tassel>
<goes on the waltzers>
<decides not to mix metaphors>

Hooray, hooray, this is further bolstering my belief that ivf can work and DOES work!

evilgiraffe Sat 12-Oct-13 20:47:52

Thanks all smile we are still stunned, can't quite believe it is real.

IVF paperwork pissed me off, especially all the "are you really fit to be parents" bits. It's an entirely unethical hoop to have to jump through. All the ethics bits are fine though, just a big headache.

cherrycoconut Sat 12-Oct-13 21:13:14

Certainly left a good cliffhanger on the last fred draf hurrah!
<unpacks tassels>
<gives it some for draf>
<falls asleep on ghost train>

Ugh hags I've driven 400 miles in the last 24hrs. It's sooo good to be home and sitting on my own sofa with ROCH though. Off to catch up with him now.

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sat 12-Oct-13 21:18:00

We have to answer questions relating to our parenting abilities???? WTF. I thought it was mainly ethical stuff!!!

evilgiraffe Sat 12-Oct-13 21:39:25

Well, stuff like "are you a paedophile", "have you ever been convicted of domestic abuse", that kind of thing. I sort of see the point, but it really shouldn't be an issue - otherwise why not sterilise convicts? Oh right, it's unethical...

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sun 13-Oct-13 10:25:40

Oh great. I can't wait for that!!!

Draf how you feeling?

I'm baking today and having a Luther-a-thon.

This thread is not accepting new messages.