Eggsellent Egg Buddies! Come and join us if you're IVFing in September, October or November :-)

(998 Posts)
starsandmoonandback Fri 27-Sep-13 08:47:15

A lovely new Fred for us grin This one will be full of fun and BFP's....well, it better be!!

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Thu 03-Oct-13 20:00:24

Still if you feel that strongly id seriously consider delaying your treatment until you've either got your head around it or agreed against it.
Is it the baby you don't want or the IVF?

It's the Ivf, mainly because I have this nagging feeling, a gut feeling, that it won't work.
I think if it weren't for that I go for it. After I had ds I remember saying to dh, that's it we won't have any more babies. And at that point I had no idea anything was wrong, ds was conceived naturally. I just felt as soon as we had him that would be it. I went and had tests after TTC dc2 for only three months and dh had tests too,so sure was I that something was wrong. And unfortunately that gut feeling was right so I'm loathe to ignore this one.

I still don't know how much it will cost, the clinic haven't told us! I'm guessing £6-7k for Ivf with icsi.

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Thu 03-Oct-13 20:18:43

I think its £5-6k for ICSI. Its an awful lot of money to spend unless you're totally sure this is what you want.

Have you seen a counsellor ? Most fertility clinics offer access to them and its free. Id strongly suggest you see someone to talk through these feelings.

The clinic only offers counselling (and only 3 sessions) once you're a fully paid up member of the Ivf club. I went to see my gp who offered anti depressants but I haven't taken them. It was not the answer I was looking for!

I've told dh I will do this cycle, that's it.

chocolocodowninacapulco Thu 03-Oct-13 21:02:11

wish so excited for you for tomorrow, hope it all goes really well. Do you know if you will have Mr D doing it this time? X

drizz congrats on the BFP.

iwant well done on getting started, I really miss the injections(think I'm a bit nuts though!). Glad the scratchwas ok ish, it's a very acute pain for a short time! And mine was bloody expensive too for the seconds it took.

brook so pleased to hear the cyst has fucked off smile. Re the long protocol, I started on that for my first cycle and I think 1 day I had a bit of a meltdown emotionally, but otherwise ok. I didn't down reg as for some reason my body didn't respond to it, mainly 'cos I had to start it on day 1 as AF fucked things up by coming early before day 21 when I was meant to start jabs. Hope you're doing ok.

Hello to all of the other lovelies here, I will try and pop in and name check properly over the weekend. We are off to London again for the 3rd Saturday running for the trial embryo transfer and then the mock cycle will be finished and then we just wait to hear about a donor! Sooo tired, can the progynova cause that?!

wishwash Thu 03-Oct-13 21:32:18

Hi ladies, how is everyone? I have my shiny new phone arriving tomorrow with no invalid sims and no cracks on the screen and back.... Yay!

You guys are making me wish I watched GBBO! I don't know who these people are but it all sounds very bitchy and exciting!

still hunny I really don't want to upset you but you are worrying me a little. ivf is so stressful with ups and downs and complete failures. You have to be 100% certain it's what you want or that you're strong enough to do it. I know you have medical complications too but if you don't want this then seriously think about it before you put yourself through it and spend an epic amount of money.

Llw I will be thinking of you tomorrow and have everything crossed xxx

AFM... I'm stressing. As you know it's FET tomorrow and I have been having (tmi alert) dark beige discharge. I've dr googled and I'm getting either the b bullets causing it or my lining starting to break away before we've even started.
I don't know what to think...

Wish hoping all goes perfectly for tomorrow and the discharge is just another unwanted side effect - probably the most likely explanation. X x

IWantOneNow Thu 03-Oct-13 22:30:56

wish I'm sorry to hear that, I've no idea what it could be hon but I'm sending positive vibes to you and your bits for a no-worry FET tomo, good luck smile and hand hold x

BrookerC Thu 03-Oct-13 22:40:37

Choco! How the hell are you doing buddy? Thanks for the info on LP. I've had 3 nights' stabbing so far & DH is still alive. Bonus! Did you have your cycle cancelled? Good luck with the trial ET on Saturday <although I don't know what that entails - ? hmm>
Wish I'm sure the discharge is normal but speak to your clinic for reassurance tom. Feeling very excited for you smile

nobeer Thu 03-Oct-13 22:43:40

It's probably the crinone wish, if you're on that. Try not to worry (easier said than done!). Tell them at the clinic so they can have a scan and look at the lining, and if it's not right they can put your embie back in the freezer. But hopefully it won't come to that! Good luck, I'll be thinking of you.

BrookerC Thu 03-Oct-13 23:31:38

Forgot to mention, I am calling the buserelin jabs 'stingy little fuckers'! My god, what is THAT all about? confused
Nighty , night ladies x

Llw2 Fri 04-Oct-13 06:51:05

Ok people without air punching (still a very long way to go) and in true GBBO stylie I can confirm we have a choux bun in the oven. Am not sure what to do with myself. After the bleeding and pain I was expecting a BFN so have done two tests and am off to buy a third digital one in case I have made a mistake. Time to freeeaaaakkkkk out!

Hurrah! Congratulations!! That is great news x x

starsandmoonandback Fri 04-Oct-13 07:13:21

Llw2 yay! Congratulations. Great news. Another bfp grin

I've not been able to get on much cos my stupid phone keeps saying it won't connect me! Bahhh. So I've missed a bit.

Hello to everyone and Good luck to those having transfer today or very soon.

I have my HSG booked in for Tuesday. What fun!

I haven't been watching GBBO and now I wish had!!!

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Fri 04-Oct-13 07:51:25

Woooohoooo. Ll!!!! Amazing news. Today, you are pregnant!

Good luck.to those having ET's today. thanks thanks

Fabuluce Fri 04-Oct-13 07:53:21

Fabulous news Llw smile congratulations!!

I'm wondering, and have been for a while, whether the hot weather had anything to do with our run of bad luck over the summer. Obviously women get pregnant all over the world in hot and cold lands but it was definitely not the normal weather that we are used to here in Blighty and whereas I would normally embrace the wondrous warmth (am generally the coldest woman in the room!) with all the ivf druggery going on I really struggled with the heat and wonder whether it resulted in my cooking my embie too much? If we have to do ivf then our bodies aren't working very well in the first place and maybe that's a step too far? Just a thought.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Fri 04-Oct-13 08:02:29

Congratulations llw. You are diffed grin Come and join me in the panic-but-grateful corner.

Still lots of wise words have been said. Perhaps really consider delaying!

Good luck with the hsg, starsnstuff. I had mine many moons ago...

Massive good luck with the FET wish. I am hoping for perfect lining, perfect embie and no stress. (OKay, the stress is unavoidable).

Fab I really hope your theory of embie-cooking is off. I had a fever the weekend after FET, and it stuck. But we won't know what it did. (I did keep it down with paracetamol etc).

Waves and pets all round!

I'm trying to get hold of my clinic but it's still going to answer phone. It's making me even more wound up! It also makes me think what if you really needed some advice during treatment and no one answers you? I've had this pr

Argh!
Had this problem before, they never seem to answer the phone! Sometimes I've had to try got several hours before getting a response.
This does not fill me with confidence! X

nobeer Fri 04-Oct-13 09:14:29

woohoo Llw!! And in true GBBO style, I hope its bottom isn't too soggy grin !

fab I wonder about the heat too. After FET I was told to avoid over heating, but it was in the late 30s/40s here. I hardly left the house as I wanted to stay in the aircon as much as poss. I'm sure the lack of activity can't have helped.

BrookerC Fri 04-Oct-13 09:34:17

Wonderful news llw thanks at least you won't have Mary & Paul poking around at your little bun!

Badhairday76 Fri 04-Oct-13 11:34:53

Woo hoo Llw! I have snuck onto mumsnet at work especially to see how you got on. Am really pleased for you. Excellent news. Congratulations! Good luck to all those having FEts today as well. Xxx

Llw2 Fri 04-Oct-13 11:51:27

Thank you all, you are all heroes! X

Badhairday76 Fri 04-Oct-13 12:04:04

Do you mind if I ask you how many envies you had put in Llw?

Badhairday76 Fri 04-Oct-13 12:04:28

I mean embies! Embryos!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now