Eggsellent Egg Buddies! Come and join us if you're IVFing in September, October or November :-)

(998 Posts)
starsandmoonandback Fri 27-Sep-13 08:47:15

A lovely new Fred for us grin This one will be full of fun and BFP's....well, it better be!!

wishwash Sun 29-Sep-13 14:09:40

Ah poo I meant will anyone be PUPO with me

I'm due on Friday and he's away Sunday until the following Friday. I'm short protocol so think they would start me on the Monday if I come on on the Friday.

Dh is a bit useless tbh. It's more if I did have a reaction or if the hormones caused my blood sugars to drop (diabetic) I'd be on my own with ds (4). Don't want to die in the night and then for ds to find me in the morning! Slightly dramatic I know but not sure how the hormones will affect the sugar levels!

Are you feeling ready for the FET wish?

Llw2 Sun 29-Sep-13 18:08:53

Hello ladies sorry for the radio silence my end I've been watching you all and supporting you in the background. Ive been trying to keep myself busy as I have to test on Friday but started bleeding at a wedding yesterday so am feeling pretty low and expecting a BFN on Friday. I'm going to take myself off again now but am following you all and offering support in the background xxx

starsandmoonandback Sun 29-Sep-13 18:17:03

Still, hope af decides to be late a bit. I find it usually is when I'm ready to start the drugs! Lol!

Llw2, is it heavy bleeding? I'm sorry of it is a bfn. It's never easy :-( but ill be hoping for a nice surprise for you, if that's ok.

Wish, who knows what works and what doesn't!!??!! So many differing views! Not sure who else will be pupo soon. How you feeling about it all?

Badhair, hope you can convince dh of acupuncture. Tell him it's the BEST relaxation smile

Nobeer, exciting you've only got a month til you move into your babies new home wink but don't envy the packing!!

Llw surely it's too early to know for sure either way? I'm hoping for a happy outcome for you x x x it's true the waiting is the worst bit, if you could find out immediately after egg transfer it would be a bit easier.

Llw2 Sun 29-Sep-13 19:30:52

Still and stars thank you! I have no idea but it doesn't feel right. It feels like AF is on the way! 5 days and I'll know either way, I wish I could be more positive but something feels wrong. I feel such a fool for letting myself get carried away and thinking it would work first time hmm

Well, it does for some people but I think it's always rolling the dice. There's nothing to say the odds won't come out in your favour x x

nobeer Sun 29-Sep-13 20:13:11

Wish she's not too bad, she gave me a big piece of birthday cake to take home (after telling me I look fat hmm). I think it's wishful thinking on her part, she'd love us to have kids.

Stars I know! I'm doing some positive thinking and visualisation of me and baby in our new flat. I just need to visualise packed boxes now grin

nobeer Sun 29-Sep-13 20:15:13

Thinking of you Llw and keeping my fingers crossed. Know what you mean about feeling something's not right, but I do hope you're wrong.

wishwash Sun 29-Sep-13 20:17:55

I'm ready stars and still very excited but very nervous! I'm really looking forward to Friday but I know once our little embies are in there it'll be nothing but worry and panic. I took 2 weeks off with my fresh cycle, mainly because I struggled after EC but also because I was worried about working with crazy 2-3 year olds who are known to just run and jump at you hmm
This time I'm having Friday off then back at work on Monday, trying to be as normal as possible. That in itself scares me because I'm worried that if it doesn't work I'll blame myself!

I'm sorry Ll2, I was exactly the same with my first go. I'm hoping its a lovely suprise for you on OTD.

nobeer Sun 29-Sep-13 21:02:21

Wish I was on school hols when I had my first (F)ET and I think it gave me too much time to think, worry and stress. I'm not sure when we'll do the next one but I intend to go back to work. Fortunately I work with older students who definitely won't be running or jumping at me. Well, I hope not! I hope you find going back to work, and to normality, helps you. I'll be thinking of you on Friday!

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Sun 29-Sep-13 21:22:48

Evening all. I havent had IVF yet Llw so I can't add anything other than to say the.bleeding sounds earlier than what I've seen others go through before a BFN so it could be bleed from the ET or implantation maybe. Dont choose the fear of failure over hope for success thanks

Nobeer We're hopefully moving too so I'm joining you on the visualisations.

Its interesting to read your thoughts on working / not working between EC and OTD or as close as you can. I'm planning to take 2 weeks off but I'm not sure I won't go potty.

nobeer Sun 29-Sep-13 22:15:10

Bugger I definitely needed a week or so to recover after EC, then they froze the embryos and I had FET about 6 weeks later. My clinic says that after frozen ET you can go about your normal business after leaving the clinic, as long as there's no heavy lifting, saunas, jumping and various other things which come to mind. You can even have sex as long as you're not doing any of the above!
Not sure what they say during a normal IVF when you do EC then ET a few days later.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 30-Sep-13 07:54:45

Morning buddies! Quick wave from me! I went to work the day after EC and been working thru my FET as well. It's otd and no AF. Getting the official results tonight! Help!!!

Too pre occupied to name check properly!

starsandmoonandback Mon 30-Sep-13 08:44:48

Ooh good luck drizzle! You are very restrained not testing yourself too smile

Good luck drizzle!! Xx

BrookerC Mon 30-Sep-13 10:18:43

driz good luck for today. Have a squeeze from me smile Keeping everything crossed for you x
Thinking of you too llw - hang on in there x

Quick update as very busy today, AF arrived last night so at the clinic tom am. Pleeease be gone bastard cyst...
Catch up properly laters xx

starsandmoonandback Mon 30-Sep-13 11:30:22

Brooker,hope your cyst has gone and buffered off. Are you cycling again this month? X

IWantOneNow Mon 30-Sep-13 12:10:09

Good luck drizzle. Sounds promising. Everything crossed for you x

starsandmoonandback Mon 30-Sep-13 12:25:53

Buggered not buffered! gringrin

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Mon 30-Sep-13 12:31:56

Fingers crossed for both Brooker & Driz.

Hello to everyone else. I'm still trying.to remember who's who!

I'm currently in the 2ww desperately hoping for a natural diffment before stabbing starts but I'm not positive about it.

BrookerC Mon 30-Sep-13 12:43:22

Thanks stars & cyst permitting, yes.
bugs an ironidiff is just what this thread needs - no pressure wink

starsandmoonandback Mon 30-Sep-13 12:59:01

What is a 'diffment' and a 'ironidiff'?? Sorry if I'm being stooopid! blush

Brooker, hope you can get cycling then.

Bugger, I find it hard to keep up on this thread! Lol! Good luck for this 2ww. Hope you won't need to jab at all wink

MyNameisBuggerlugsAndIAmABESH Mon 30-Sep-13 14:06:28

According to the dictionary of BESH: A diffment is a state of pregnancy and an ironidiff is a surprise BFP when you are not expecting one i.e when about to start treatment (also known as a FCFU Fertility Clinic Fuck You) or after booking an expensive and totally unsuitable holiday!

starsandmoonandback Mon 30-Sep-13 14:32:49

Loving the FCFU hee hee hee

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now