Eggsellent Egg Buddies! Come and join us if you're IVFing in September, October or November :-)

(998 Posts)
starsandmoonandback Fri 27-Sep-13 08:47:15

A lovely new Fred for us grin This one will be full of fun and BFP's....well, it better be!!

Prambo Fri 27-Sep-13 18:10:46

BuggerMyarsewithaGiantCock! Now then, now then <Jimmy Saville> you're embarking on that there IVF, I see. Excellent decision, you feeling okay about it? Very best of luck to you on your cycle, love thanks

Welcome to all other newbies [waves]

I won't stick around; you all know I'm rooting for you massively, don't you?

Just to chuck some encouragement your way, Tallulah: I'm 18 wks pregnant with a donor egg IVF baby which we bought from the Czech Republic. It really does work so many times, this donor egg malarkey. I wish you the best of luck with your FET.

Hold on tight, Fab, my lovely. I hope them twats pull their finger out x

Prambo, 42, DE IVF.

Prambo Fri 27-Sep-13 18:13:08

Argh! I'm sorry, Fab, I meant Resipsa and her wait for a donor! blush

starsandmoonandback Fri 27-Sep-13 20:36:03

Wish,at the clinics I've been too they grade 1-4 (with 4 being the best) and a-c with a being the best. I think the emphasis is on the letters too. So aa is very good smile Not sure what they meant about the 'messy' ones though! I know they don't grade 'early blasts' though.

Good luck on Friday hun.

wishwash Fri 27-Sep-13 21:17:36

So 3AA is pretty good then I suppose with 4aa being the best. That's pretty good to know smile thanks stars

I think she meant they were early blasts. Maybe... Well I have 4 3aa's so I can't grumble x

BrookerC Fri 27-Sep-13 23:38:00

Evening all

Apologies for the lack of posts from me lately but just haven't got anything going on at the mo <except fricking more waiting, sigh>

wish clinics seem to have different grading systems - mine has 1-4, with 4 being the highest. They grade 3 ways & I'm damned if I can remember what they are hmm I had a 4-4-3 blast put back (but sadly it didn't stick). Yours sound like good quality. Loads of luck for the FET next Friday.
resp hope you get some news real soon re: your donor. You have the patience of a saint - I would be going potty by now. Stay strong. x
choco good luck tom with the scan lovely. Let us know how you get on.
nobeer GBBO makes me laugh ALOT!! Have you found a new place already? Exciting!
stars Sorry hun, I've lost track - what's the next step for you lovely?
cupcakes It can't be easy for you with your sister's pregnancy. I can honestly say though that being an Aunty is wonderful. It doesn't compensate for not being a mum I know, but it has it's own unique & wonderful place in your life. x
bugs I take folic acid, vit D & omega 3 fish oil only <my clinic only recommend folic acid & vit D>
driz so sorry to hear you're expecting AF. I truly hope you are wrong sad. We're here if you need us good or bad news. Sending big hugs x
pip glad AF isn't messing you about & has settled back into your normal cycle <it's one less thing to stress about, even if we'd be happier if she sodded off -for 9 months' anyway> What is the next step for you?
i want , rabbit do you both start stabbing next week? Good luck with the little fuckers!
talulah when is your FET scheduled for?
Hi to fab tame euro thought prambo & anyone I have missed blush xxx

starsandmoonandback Sat 28-Sep-13 08:24:27

Wish, I'd say your embies were very good grin and would be rather happy!

Brooker, nice to hear from you hun. Thanks for asking after me. I've had my review apt now and waiting on nk cells and thyroid blood results at the moment. But also been to old London clinic to see consultant there who's sending me for an HSG to check womb for scarring after mm/c. So when I have all the results I need to decide which clinic I cycle at!!!

BrookerC Sat 28-Sep-13 14:37:32

Hey lovely twinks forgot to ask how you're getting on. How's the clean living going? I can recommend the Erdinger alcohol free wheat beer. It's now being badged as an isotonic drink (containing folic acid hmm ) it's probably full of loads of other shit that I shouldn't be having but I guess it can't be as bad as alcohol.
Also, hi to maryp & missm x

stars have you though about how long you will carry on with the ivf treatment? I have amazed myself how I've changed my view over the course of this year. It was only March when I was saying to DH 'I can't believe we're having ivf treatment. We'll try it once' . After the first cycle failed, we said 'we have to give it 3 tries surely? Now I'm thinking, can I stop at 3? FFS, of course not.
Hope everyone has some of the lovely sunshine we are enjoying up north today grin x

starsandmoonandback Sat 28-Sep-13 16:25:14

Hey Brooker, omg, totally with you on changing my mind on amounts! We too started out thinking no way could we do it over and over again. Had our first ivf (which of course deep down we believed would be our magic fix hmm) and it failed. We then decided wed have to give it 3 goes and then THAT would be IT! We were lucky enough for it to work the second time, although during my 2ww I was researching other clinics and prices and immune tests etc as I had lost believe it ever could or would work. Since DS, we thought we'd try 2more times for a sibling. I've now done 4 more cycles and last cycle was 'going to be my last' sad but I just don't feel ready to stop. Sometimes I think it's a numbers game and its like rolling the dice, just hoping there's a good egg in the bunch that we grow. In time, chance has to be in our side and our good egg is there for us, surely. I say keep going whilst you can afford it (I know this is a joke in itself, as we beg, borrow and steal to afford it!) and emotionally can do it, it will work in the end. THIS time does look like my last though as we will have no spare money at all in a few weeks when our house we are buying completes.

Brooker my love, may this next one be OUR time. Especially yours. smile

chocolocodowninacapulco Sat 28-Sep-13 19:15:25

Right, new thread, new positive start<tries to convince self> smile

How are we all lovely, lovely ladies?

cups nice to see you! How are you doing lovely?

nobeer how are you! has AF shown her ugly face yet?

Welcome bugger!

wish brilliant news about your FET on Friday, really happy for you. I don't know anything about grading, sorry.

Hello fellow teacher talulah smile and fellow donor egg recipient.

drizz sorry to hear you think this cycle hasn't worked for you. sad

Hello to stars brooks iwant prambo pip twinks res fab and anyone I've bound to have forgotten!

Re:supplements, I took loads! Pregnacare conception, vit D, vit B complex, L-Arginine, co-Q 10, wheatgrass, omega 3, royal jelly and bee propolis and maybe a few others ...

AFM, we went up to London again today for the 2nd scan in our mock cycle in readiness for the DE cycle. It was all good, after a week on prognyova the lining is building up well. I've got to take it for another week and then go back next Saturday for the trial embryo transfer and after that I will be on cyclogest for a while and then stop it to bring on a withdrawal bleed. That's it from me really. Wild night tonight wink Strictly and a Chinese takeaway, there are worse ways to spend a Saturday evening!

chocolocodowninacapulco Sat 28-Sep-13 19:16:57

Also, re changing our minds about the number of cycles, I think we had 3 in mind and we are now on our 4th and that's with being against the idea of DE until now!

starsandmoonandback Sat 28-Sep-13 19:22:50

Hi choco grin great that all is going well with your scans and lining. Love the new thread positiveness woohoo! It's funny how time, experience and talking to others going through similar things, can change our minds in so many ways! Never say never eh?! Good luck with this cycle choco

wishwash Sat 28-Sep-13 20:07:49

Hey choco it's great that you lining is thickening up well! How are you feeling about it all?

I've been to a 4 year olds party, cleaned the kitchen and am now playing grand theft auto in bed! What an exciting life I lead hmm

chocolocodowninacapulco Sat 28-Sep-13 20:37:51

Thanks stars

wish how was your spaghetti party? Jealous of you being in bed already! I'm feeling ok about it all at the moment. Are you on progynova?

wishwash Sat 28-Sep-13 21:12:46

I am indeed choco. I'm like a rattling Progynova bottle at the mo, 3 a day. I did my LAST bruserelin this morning though so thank fook for that! Although I do start bum bullets tomorrow which I must admit, I haven't missed in the slightest wink

nobeer Sat 28-Sep-13 21:44:49

Hi choco. Yes AF turned up yesterday afternoon. Less painful than normal so no complaints here smile

I've had a chat with DP and tried to explain to him about wanting to be tested for immune issues. I'm not sure he really understands, and I think he thinks I'm blaming myself. I'm not, I just want to be sure I'm ok before another embryo or two is transferred and then fails to implant, and then they decide to do tests. I'm going to see if I can make an appointment with doctor to talk about it. I also think we might have to delay FET due to moving house so might be looking at December now.

nobeer Sat 28-Sep-13 21:46:30

Yes brooker found a cheaper place so we'll worry less about money and IVF now!

twinklestar2 Sun 29-Sep-13 00:34:02

Sorry to piss on anyone's parade but I've been taking pregnancare conception for the past 2 years and my ivf failed.

starsandmoonandback Sun 29-Sep-13 08:26:30

No beer, when you have bloods done for immune tests they take a couple of weeks for results to come back as some get sent to Chicago. I paid about £100 for the main stage 1 tests and whilst they came back clear I was glad I did it. It's nice to go into a cycle knowing all is ok in that department. Although I'd had 3 failed cycles by the time I had them.
When do you move into your new flat? New start for flat and baby smile

Badhairday76 Sun 29-Sep-13 09:42:10

Am glad I found you ladies on the new thread! have been taking Pregnacare for ages and have got my DP taking it as well. Good luck to everybody this week. I am feeling frustrated because we have now done all our preliminary tests for our IVF referral but we have to wait until 19th October before my DP can give his sperm
sample. Am having second thoughts about going with Homerton Hospital as well - any recommendations of London clinics would be appreciated. On a slightly more positive note, since discovering I can now only conceive via IVF I have been cheered somewhat by the amount of people I realise I know for whom it has worked. Am so l

Badhairday76 Sun 29-Sep-13 09:42:43

Oops - looking forward to hearing of the first BFP from this thread. Hope everybody has great Sundays xxx

wishwash Sun 29-Sep-13 09:58:39

I'm very intruiged about the vitamins that are recommended for ivf. I've read that some people swear by pregnacare, others take a whole load of vits when many only take folic acid.
It's annoying that there's no clear answer for anything. I also wanted some herbal tea to drink so I looked it up and found that raspberry leaf tea is good for conception.... Then I found people warning me off it as it induces labour?
So confused! I'm just taking folic acid and drinking actimel for vit D. I never know if I'm doing right or wrong hmm

nobeer Sun 29-Sep-13 10:02:42

Thanks stars. I'm definitely going to make an appointment this week as I've got a few questions about timing on the natural cycle as well, so I'll mention it then. I reckon we'll be moving in about a month. Not panicking, oh no. aaaarggghhh

Badhair I was at the inlaws yesterday and MIL was going on about loads of her friends' children doing IVF. I've been quite quiet about what stage we're at because I'm sure she'll tell the whole town what we're up to. So she's making it up in her head and told me I should be resting yesterday. I think she thinks I'm pregnant because she told me I look fatter confused. And there was me giving myself a pat on the back for managing to get back into my skinny jeans hmm

I'm not bothering with pregnacare just folic acid. I sort of am of the mind set that it will either work or it won't and that in all honesty there isn't all that much we can do to change the outcome. Dh has taken every vitamin under the sun and it has done nothing to improve the fact his sperm don't swim anywhere! I do believe in acupuncture though. Dh thinks it's a waste of money and is refusing g to finance it on top of the Ivf which is a shame as I genuinely do think acupuncture is helpful if you are open to it.

I am due on Friday but am praying and praying to be a few days late so that I don't have to start whilst dh is away - however this is extremely unlikely. In fact my body will probably be early just to spite me!

Any news from our PUPO ladies? I've been thinking of them and hoping that those little embies stick.

wishwash Sun 29-Sep-13 14:07:49

I hope AF holds off then still. You need DH around if he gives you the strength you need although I'm sure you'll be ok if he is away. How long will he be gone?

nobeer don't you just love MIL's? You can always rely on them to make you feel better. I'm lucky with mine, she's not the stereotypical MIL thank god! The only thing I can complain about is her not understanding that I'm not a jewellery person, every Christmas I get something to do with it! Hopefully soon you'll be able to be proud of actually being 'fatter' smile

wishwash Sun 29-Sep-13 14:08:58

P.s will anyone with PUPO with me? FET is Friday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now