The Brookers will get their BFP's by any means necessary, thats the definition of Brooking No Argument!

(971 Posts)

Your last thread got somewhat derailed so I thought I would treat you to a lovely shiny new place full of real open fires, fluffy blankets and an aga for baking bread and warming soups and stews. Back on with the job in hand ladies, lets have a round up of who's doing what and when.

So sorry Beedle sad

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Wed 06-Nov-13 07:48:11

Oh Beedle, I'm so so sorry. This whole journey is really unfair. I know nothing will help now but I'm thinking of you both xxxx

Oh Beedle, I'm so sorry. Thinking of you both xxx

keepitgoing Wed 06-Nov-13 08:45:51

Oh no beedle I'm so so sorry. This is so unfair.

musicalmrs Wed 06-Nov-13 09:25:09

So so sorry Beedle. No words..

Munxx Wed 06-Nov-13 13:40:41

Oh Beedle I'm so sorry. Be kind to yourself today. Much love.

ScarlettInSpace Wed 06-Nov-13 15:34:19

sad big hugs love xx

(((Hugs))) beedle lovely I'm so sorry xxx

Stacks Wed 06-Nov-13 19:31:24

So sorry Beedle, sending love and hugs your way.

GreenOlives Wed 06-Nov-13 20:50:18

Gutted for you beedle sad

Fox82 Wed 06-Nov-13 23:14:05

Oh no Beedle! sad So sorry x

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Thu 07-Nov-13 09:02:50

So, so sorry, Beedle. Thinking of you. thanks

DinoSnores Thu 07-Nov-13 13:51:21

Just wanted to come in to give Beedle a big hug. I'm so sorry. flowers

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Thu 07-Nov-13 22:29:00

Beedle ive been thinking of you lots. I hope you and MrB are doing ok x

How is everyone else?

I've got my review appointment next week before starting our next IVF. So I've been reviewing my notes I made during my last cycle and making a long list of questions. I'm not leaving that appointment without a plan smile

GreenOlives Fri 08-Nov-13 08:46:34

Good on you cups! Good to go armed with all your questions so you don't forget anything. smile When's your new job start?

Thinking of you beedle, hope you and Mr B are as ok as you can be.

Hope everyone else is doing ok too.

ScarlettInSpace Fri 08-Nov-13 08:52:46

My update is I pulled my finger out this week and wrote to the director of the hospital (he is also the director of the fertlity clinic) about my funding.

I've done 4 weeks of my notice so far and I am booooooooooored.

Cycle wise I'm on cd22 and yesterday randomly got loads of EWCM confused my body has seemingly given up any pretence of being normal altogether now.

beedle hope you're ok love

How's everyone else?

keepitgoing Fri 08-Nov-13 09:02:51

Good stuff cups, when might you be able to start again?

Scarlett not long to go now though till you finish your job smile What have you said to the director? Sorry I can't remember...

fox how are things?
too when do we find out if the stealth shagging worked?

That's brilliant news Cups. Things always seem sk much better when a plan of action is in place.

Only a few more weeks Scarlett!! Sorry your bodies messing you about. They never cease to amaze.

How's the shredding going Too? I hope you're not phoning it in wink

Hope you're having a lovely holibob Geek!!

ScarlettInSpace Fri 08-Nov-13 09:19:42

keep because the nurse changed us from minimal stim to maximum stim when we went for info session before last IVF, and max stim has been linked to abnormal eggs [like wot I got] I have said we didn't receive the course of treatment we agreed with our consultant so I've requested funding be reinstated to allow us to have what was actually agreed. Am not expecting anything to come of it but my dad told me years ago If you don't ask You don't get... Wrote to pct originally and they told me to write to clinic.

ScarlettInSpace Fri 08-Nov-13 09:20:47

Right I'd better get up who am I kidding I love being on notice hehehe

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 08-Nov-13 10:38:35

Scarlett 4 weeks down! I'm wel jel envy I still haven't handed in my notice. I only did my police and health checks on Monday. I have to declare the IVF so I'm expecting them to want to see me in occupational health first so I think it will still be a few weeks till I can hand in my notice and I've got to work 8 weeks notice. So I'm looking at end of January now.

Well done on writing to the medical director, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

I've been getting some tips from the egg buddies thread on questions to ask. As long as the consultant doesn't request any further investigations I should be good to request treatment on my next AF. But that would coincide with having treatment over Christmas when they are shut down. I'm then next due on on Christmas Day so I won't be able to request as they are closed. That means I might not be able to request until the end of January. I'm not happy as my appointment should have been on the 20th cot but it was cancelled otherwise I could have requested this AF. I'm going to speak to the consultant about it as I don't think another 3 month delay is fair due to the appointment being moved.

Have you started mat leave yet Keep?

Fox how are you? Did you get all your results? Sorry if I've missed anything

musicalmrs Fri 08-Nov-13 11:46:49

That's good news about the appointment Cups, but how rubbish about the potential delay. Rubbish about how long you're waiting for your new job too - everything takes so long doesn't it?

Will be keeping fingers crossed for the funding Scarlett. Think you're right - it's always worth trying.

I think this time next week I'll officially be a TTC brooker again :D (though goodness knows what'll be going on cycle wise... I'm expecting at least a couple of months worth of settling down for AF first).

Thinking of you lots Beedle.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 08-Nov-13 11:55:37

Music that's v exciting about ttc soon grin

I'm not good at waiting at the best of times!

Can someone add me back to the FB page? I'm scared of missing anything now there are a few brookers due soon.

keepitgoing Fri 08-Nov-13 13:31:23

cups i just tried to readd you to FB but it says you can't readd an old member without them requesting it so send me a request if you can. I agree that you should say that you shouldn't have to be delayed due to them changing the appointment. How regular is AF? maybe she won't turn up on xmas day but a bfp will anyway. and do they not let anyone have treatment in the month before christmas? That seems a bit nuts.

scarlett i forgot about that. I think it sounds like a winnable argument - and we are all brooking for you!

Yes, I am on mat leave for a week now smile 37 weeks today... sweetie's last day today. Am sat here drinking raspberry leaf tea and have just been for newborn cuddles... That means three babies will be born soon, so 3 bfps should be coming right up.

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Fri 08-Nov-13 15:18:05

In my news, I poaOPK today as an ersatz pg test and it was...negative. sad However:

AF is not due until tomorrow according to FF
I think I ovulated late so AF would therefore be due Monday
It wasn't FMU, it was about 11am, although I hadn't peed since half-past 6.
Maybe OPKs aren't as sensitive as proper pg tests?

I was using OPKs because I had some - I only have one pg test atm and I wanted to wait until AF was actually late (if the evil witch doesn't arrive tomorrow, that is) - and I discovered I was pg with M by using OPKs. I was having a really weird cycle - I got 3 BFNs over the course of a week starting on CD 28, and then a week later AF still hadn't arrived, so I got a CB digital OPK and immediately got a smiley face. The next day I got another smiley, then a third and fourth and the penny gradually dropped that it was picking up HCG not luteal hormones. However, that was my last OPK stick, so it'll have to be the cheapie Tesco pg test next. Don't you dare show up, AF! I do have The Rage of PMT, although that could have been due to hunger, the state of the kitchen in general and the dishwasher in general (why can DH not rinse plates before he puts them in the dishwasher? I wind up having to handwash half of his loads because they come out still dirty), and the negative OPK. confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now