Just found I'm pregnant but had a steroid injection and local two weeks ago

(8 Posts)
littletime Wed 25-Sep-13 20:58:00

Brilliant. I haven't got to my day off so I can make a doctors appointment but I will now relax (as instructed!!!!!) and get to see the doctor eventually! Thanks all!

r3dsquirrel Tue 24-Sep-13 20:24:04

You'll be fine. A single steroid injection wouldn't affect a baby of such an early gestation and local anaesthetic is fine in pregnancy too. Relax!

RunnerHasbeen Tue 24-Sep-13 20:15:35

I was on steroids the whole time I was TTC, it was the safest way for me to remain healthy and plenty of women are the same, I'm sure you'll be fine.... and congratulations!

littletime Tue 24-Sep-13 20:13:21

Oh thank you!!!

I'd go to the docs if I were you. Should be fine though so don't fret. All the best and congratulations! x

Foodylicious Mon 23-Sep-13 21:25:44

Hi, did not want to leave this unanswered...

I have done a bit of reading around and there is quite a bit of contradictory stuff out there, but it seems that you are probably fine as it was just one shot. I am sure probably is not a good enough answer so go see your GP, thay can look at how far along you are and give you facts about potential risk if there are any and sort out any follow up appt/tests if they decide you really need them.

Also CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! and good luck x x

littletime Mon 23-Sep-13 21:12:21

Bump bump...can someone help me?

littletime Mon 23-Sep-13 18:59:38

Well just that really.....should I go and get my bloods done at doctors a bit sooner than I have done inthe past, just to rule out problems?? Would it even affect the potential baby?
Am trying very hard not to get excited as I suppose this could be a problem...anyone know?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now