ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Short luteal phase - GP was very dismissive!

(31 Posts)
Sparkle9 Mon 23-Sep-13 18:27:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sparkle9 Sat 05-Oct-13 15:44:13

Totesamazeballs Sat 05-Oct-13 17:56:26

I just don't understand how they could question its existence? I am sure it is possible to get pregnant with a short LP and there will be people on here who managed, but a luteal phase half the length of a normal healthy one isn't going to help your chances and I felt for me it was hindering the process.

How long have you been trying? I had the dye in the tubes thing before DS and although there was no blockage, we did fall a few months later. People say sometimes it just helps to flush the system out. You can get it on the NHS as part of their general fertility investigations.

Also, it is a good idea to get DPs sperm checked. We too often assume we are the problem! But again, you can get this on the. NHS too if you have been trying for long enough.

I saw your other post about your thyroid suspicions. I too have a basal temp that matches yours but my thyroid never came up as abnormal fortunately. It certainly can be an indicator though.

I really sympathise with your frustrations. I have been there and felt absolutely miserable and stressed with it. The first time round I didn't even have a short LP and for no obvious reason it took us 18 months to conceive.

The progesterone pessaries cost us around £80 for a three month subscription.

Sparkle9 Tue 08-Oct-13 20:40:33

Totesamazeballs Tue 08-Oct-13 20:57:12

Glad you are making some headway. Good luck!

Sparkle9 Tue 08-Oct-13 21:48:56

blamber Wed 09-Oct-13 13:54:07

That's really positive, and the wait isn't too long. Hope they will be helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now