OPKs and timing and luteal phase help please

(30 Posts)
Sparkle9 Sat 14-Sep-13 10:42:15

Finally got a positive OPK yesterday which was CD27. DP and I BD late last night. Timing-wise is that okay? Should we DB again tonight or tomorrow maybe? I'm a bit confused about when OV actually happens.

My cycles have been irregular since coming off the pill but I had a positive OPK on CD23 last time and a blood test confirmed ovulation. This cycle I had an ultrasound on CD20 that showed a dominant follicle so I'm fairly confident that although it's late at CD27 this OPK is a true positive.

My luteal phases have been on the short side. Around 7-9 days. Any advice on how to give this OV the best chance of actually resulting in conception?

I have a GP appointment in a week to discuss my ultrasound, blood tests and short luteal phase (if this cycle is the same).

VJONES1985 Sun 15-Sep-13 12:23:20

Yes, dtd for the last three days and will carry on for another three probably, in case ov has been delayed. I had some ewcm so I really hope it happened.

Sparkle9 Sun 15-Sep-13 22:13:04

Paler OPK today - probably a negative but it was hard to tell. Fingers crossed OV happened... And hope my LP is longer!

babyrose Mon 16-Sep-13 18:18:26

Does anyone think 50mg is too much to stop ovulation?

I got a positive opk on cd12 with Tesco own and low fertility on clear blue on cd 13 but flashing smiley til cd17 and I stopped cos I had the cold and was run down didnt want to waste anymore that cycle. I keep thinking I've not ovulated this month and beginning to think b6 is stopping it?

VJONES1985 Mon 16-Sep-13 19:22:01

I think it depends on your body. I'm on 100mg daily and I ovulated a few days ago according to opks, cm and cp. So you haven't had a positive opk, only flashing ones?

babyrose Mon 16-Sep-13 20:11:03

Got a positive on cd12 with Tesco opk's but flashing smiley up til 17. I think I might just stop taking them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now