And so it starts again the 2WW, anyone else??

(132 Posts)
ELR Wed 11-Sep-13 17:56:10

Don't know what happened to the last 2ww thread so I've stared my own, anyone care to join me?
I'm on cycle 2 trying for no 3 think I ovulated today af is due 25/26 Sep.

ShesSoMean Fri 13-Sep-13 16:25:18

jaykay I am exactly the same on the over-thinking thing!! I have ideas on when we'd tell people, how far along I'd be at certain events, when I'd need to tell work etc. unfortunately I've been thinking like this for the last 5 months! If it doesn't happen for me this cycle I'm torn between having a month off so as to be able to be bridesmaid for my best friend at a wedding 5 hours away at around the time I'd be due if i did conceive in Oct, or - keeping trying on the basis that it probably won't work anyway and if it does then baby comes before being a bridesmaid. I know this is all currently pure fantasy and pie in the sky but its so hard not to get caught up in it all!! I sound like a grade A nutter.

jaykay987 Fri 13-Sep-13 17:00:38

I'm out.

Off to sulk/cry/distract myself for three weeks until my next fertile windows starts. hmm

ItalianWiking84 Fri 13-Sep-13 17:13:53

jaykey sorry to hear, sending virtual hugs...

I am btw a Gemini too smile

ItalianWiking84 Fri 13-Sep-13 17:14:52

I am still hoping that I can test Monday and hopefully also get a positive so I can surprise my bf smile

ShesSoMean Fri 13-Sep-13 17:38:44

Sorry to read that jaykay. Best of luck for next time.

wispaxmas Fri 13-Sep-13 17:39:53

Oh no, jaykay!! So sorry to hear, but have come cake and wine and get back on that horse in a couple weeks' time.

Amymia03 Fri 13-Sep-13 18:06:16

Also sorry to hear JayKay. I'm really hoping for a positive result this month, as the next three months husband is working away and we will only have about two weeks together until Christmas.

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 13-Sep-13 19:13:50

jaykay sad.
Chin up. October will be the month when a sperm collides with an egg.

ItalianWiking84 Fri 13-Sep-13 19:40:06

Damn I feel like I have to throw up, tmi sorry, but so annoying to enjoy a Friday night burping, have bloating tummy and no appetite

Nottalotta Fri 13-Sep-13 20:57:01

Evening all, i am due af on the 24th but have only managed 2 ots of BD over my fertile window. Think i ov'd yesterday.

I too was thinking i could inform parentals in the xmas card and am poor tight enough to think it would mean that i wouldn't need to buy presents!! (any present will be totally overshadowed so not worth bothering surely?)

DulcetMoans Fri 13-Sep-13 21:54:10

Card was my plan too but it was my plan last year too so hoping I can see it through this year. Fingers crossed!!

wispaxmas Fri 13-Sep-13 22:14:53

I also thinking of the possible Christmas announcement.. I know Internet isn't for using real names, but my surname is Christmas, so there all sorts of options for a thematic announcement.. Photoshopping a Santa hat on the scan picture, getting H a shirt that says 'father Christmas' etc. I'm going a bit mad with ideas, really grin

jaykay987 Sat 14-Sep-13 07:19:40

ahh Haas! wisps you should have posted on ny crazy announcements thread grin
great name btw smile

DulcetMoans Sat 14-Sep-13 07:23:54

That is a fab connection there wispa! Hope it works out to be possible for you!

ItalianWiking84 Sat 14-Sep-13 08:51:14

Help!!! I need help... I took a super drug test this morning, more than 4 days earlier than my af/BFP and there is a very faint line in the test field.... But now I am concerned if I can count on it when I tested so early... Expected it to be negative and don't even know why I tested... My ovulation was the 3-4 so as you can see, it's way to early,.. Help....

jaykay987 Sat 14-Sep-13 09:00:00

Hi Italian. What type of test did you use? It's not too early. You could be dpo 9/10. Some people do get positive tests as early as dpo 7/8.

Congratulations!

ItalianWiking84 Sat 14-Sep-13 09:01:42

I used the superdrug early pregnancy test which should be able to detect 4 days early

DulcetMoans Sat 14-Sep-13 09:07:14

Sounds good to me Italian. I'd say get a digital test to use in the morning though, to be sure. What a great bday present for you DP!!

wispaxmas Sat 14-Sep-13 09:14:25

Congratulations, Italian!!! Definitely not too early for a positive, though lots of people do get false negative, it's not possible to have a false positive (barring chem pg).

I would wait a couple days and test with digital. CBD aren't are senstitive to hgc than some early tests.

ItalianWiking84 Sat 14-Sep-13 09:15:27

Thanks dulcet, yeah have the clearblue digi as well and will use one of them Monday I think smile hoping that to be positive too and then have the best pressie for my bf smile

ItalianWiking84 Sat 14-Sep-13 10:38:10

Used the clearblue digital one just now, couldn't wait lol and it came back with 1-2 weeks pregnant smile
I am over the moon and over excited smile

jaykay987 Sat 14-Sep-13 11:03:53

Yay! You get to give our DH an early birthday present!

ItalianWiking84 Sat 14-Sep-13 11:15:53

Jaykay yes thanks, must be the best pressie even tho it gets delivered later lol

CoffeeGuzzler Sat 14-Sep-13 17:51:24

Congratulations Viking grin

ItalianWiking84 Sat 14-Sep-13 18:17:58

Thanks coffee smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now