And so it starts again the 2WW, anyone else??

(132 Posts)
ELR Wed 11-Sep-13 17:56:10

Don't know what happened to the last 2ww thread so I've stared my own, anyone care to join me?
I'm on cycle 2 trying for no 3 think I ovulated today af is due 25/26 Sep.

CoffeeGuzzler Thu 12-Sep-13 14:32:19

That's what I am doing too. 14 days from second day of smiley face ie 15th. Going by my last cycle af should have arrived yesterday. But I vary by a few days so who knows.

DulcetMoans Ecuador Thu 12-Sep-13 15:14:31

I'd not heard the pineapple thing before either but I googled and apparently it helps with implantation! So I had some for lunch! grin

wispaxmas Thu 12-Sep-13 15:31:31

I'm so confused about OPKs..

Yesterday I did 3 of them, at 10am, 2pm, and 8pm. The one at 10am was positive, but the other 2 were quite clearly negative, and I was practically swimming in EWCM all day [grim]. The 2 days previous it had slowly gotten darker, and the 2 days before that it have been non-existant. So I figured I'd ov'd yesterday/last night.

This morning I had a temp spike and no more EWCM and I don't know why, but at 2pm I decided to do another OPK and it was very very positive! Again!! It went positive-negative-positive, is that possible?? Is it possible to have 2 LH surges?

I know I should just wait and keep temping to see if this morning's thermal shift was a fluke or not..

My chart, fyi: s17.postimg.org/5esk7spf3/ffchart.png

jaykay987 Thu 12-Sep-13 15:43:57

Looking at you chart wisps Id say you ov'd last night. Keep temping - you need three sustained days high to confirm ov.

Not sure why you got a positive OPK again today. But Either way your temps and OPK results line up and you've dtd loads in your window.

FX!

jaykay987 Thu 12-Sep-13 15:45:43

Apparently it's only the core of the pineapple - so I never fancied that!

This month I went with the grapefruit juice pre ov and Brazil nuts post ov. I'm not sure if any of it is more than old wives tales..but it helps me think Im doing all I can! smile

internationallove985 Thu 12-Sep-13 20:10:52

I'll be in my 2ww wait from 14th. xx

Amymia03 Thu 12-Sep-13 21:46:45

Hello everyone,

Could I please join? This will be our third cycle, Af is due (if I have calculated correctly) on the 18th. I wanted to poas today as husband is working away from today, for 3 weeks, but I thought it best not to. This will be our second, our dd is 9, and is desperate for a sibling.

internationallove985 Fri 13-Sep-13 00:15:38

Hi Amy. Welcome abaord. xxx

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 13-Sep-13 09:09:42

Got BFP this morning. grin
May it be the first of many on this thread.

ItalianWiking84 Fri 13-Sep-13 09:50:30

CoffeeGuzzler Congrates

jaykay987 Fri 13-Sep-13 10:14:47

Yay! Cycle buddy pregnancy! grin
When you off to the doctors? Have you joined the May antenatal thread yet? When's your due date?

I threw away my FMU after getting a negative on an Internet cheapy. Not sure I can handle the disappointment of attempting to test without using FMU. I'll use a "proper" test tomorrow morning. I'm really hoping your positive is "catching"!

wispaxmas Fri 13-Sep-13 11:09:34

Good luck and baby dust jaykay, let us know tomorrow morning, we want more BFPs!

jaykay987 Fri 13-Sep-13 11:14:12

Thanks Wispa. I'll be sure to let you know given its occupying ever cell of my brain! (No idea how much work I will finish in normal hours today! I usually have productive Fridays as I don't want to work late!)

DulcetMoans Ecuador Fri 13-Sep-13 12:16:54

Congrats coffee and jaykay! Great start to our testing time!

allchatnicknamesgone Fri 13-Sep-13 12:52:59

Congrats CoffeeGuzzler!!!! and GL for tomorrow jaykay.

I had such a bad night of cramping, I completely caved and just did a text and got BFN - I know it's way too early, but the cramping was driving me mad and thought that if my body is reacting then it must be producing the hormone.

Anyhow, I think it probably is just AF gearing herself up to be really horrible this month!
x

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 13-Sep-13 13:17:34

Thank you all!! Can't quite believe that I am up the duff!!

jaykay There is a antenatal May group?! Bloody hell. Nhs website says due date 23d May. Looked up star sign (don't believe an ounce of it though) and it's Gemini. I don't know a single Gemini person!!

keepswimming1 Fri 13-Sep-13 13:43:29

Congrats coffee

I'm Gemini smile

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 13-Sep-13 13:47:24

Thank you keepswimming. Angelina Jolie is Gemini too apparently. And Johny Depp. And Marilyn Monroe. Sexy baby!!

wispaxmas Fri 13-Sep-13 13:49:01

I'm a gemini, coffee. trust me, we're lovely grin

jaykay987 Fri 13-Sep-13 13:54:30

I'm a Gemini too!

CoffeeGuzzler Fri 13-Sep-13 14:22:10

Oh wow!! I do know a few geminis then..albeit virtually. looking forward to you guys joining me in the antenatal group. Saw Mrsmummytobe and Snoozy there. smile

wispaxmas Fri 13-Sep-13 14:39:10

How rubbish, though... if I manage a BFP this month (trying to tell myself it's a big if) I'll be on the as of yet non-existant June ante-natal group with a due date 3 days before my bday.

jaykay987 Fri 13-Sep-13 14:51:41

Ahh, Wispa - are you saying that's good or bad?

If I get my BFP anytime soon before AF comes my due date is three days before my bday too!
(Not sure how DH would cope living with two feminist!)

wispaxmas Fri 13-Sep-13 15:28:51

Rubbish in that we're all be split into different antenatal clubs, and then a mixed good/bad at the due date .. because chances are it would go late, and I'll be ridiculously over-pg and uncomfortable for my 30th bday. But then, I could potentially have a birthday baby! Amazing yes, but then also means having to go through labour on my birthday, and I'm just selfish enough to not want that to happen!

jaykay987 Fri 13-Sep-13 15:50:17

Hehe. Well don't worry. I think AF is coming, so my next due date is towards middle of June. So you won't be alone! smile

I'm (stupidly) annoyed. I had decided we would inform PIL and my parents in our Christmas card.

If we don't conceive next cycle - we won't be able to, as we won't have had our 12 week scan. Then if we are lucky enough to conceive in my November cycle, I won't want to tell PIL, but no idea how Ill get away with not drinking over Christmas at theirs!

Wow - I over think things! I'll be grateful if we conceive at all. I just wish I could control it! I'm such a control freak!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now