OPK HELP PLEASE

(50 Posts)
MrsLadyL Wed 04-Sep-13 14:12:25

Hey been ttc #2 since may. Decided to use opk this cycle. On my fertile week according to app so started testing Monday and due to O on Sunday or there about a. Using cheap strip tests off eBay. First two had faint lines in test window which I was aware meant the surge is coming and wait till both lines are of equal strength? Tested today day 3 and its totally (-) no faint line at all?? Help please

Thank you

MrsLadyL Fri 06-Sep-13 20:52:59

Normal cycle has averaged between 26-28 X

I'd keep going, they can go from negative to positive pretty fast and you're still only on cd12. But just in case don't ignore your app either! Good luck

MrsLadyL Fri 06-Sep-13 20:54:01

Sorry my average cycle since February has charted at 26-28

MrsLadyL Sat 07-Sep-13 10:24:28

Morning ladies. Took opk this am and the test line is defo visable. Must be getting there! Post a pic let me know what you think. Thank you smile

Great news... Hope you have a 'busy' weekend planned wink

MrsLadyL Sat 07-Sep-13 10:35:36

I actually do! I'm out this evening so need to make up for that ha

MrsLadyL Mon 09-Sep-13 10:11:41

Well that's me on CD 15 so looks like I'm in the 2WW window.... Anyone else? smile

Lady if you only had a faint line on Saturday (not a positive) are you sure you have ovulated? Eg if you got your positive on Sunday then ovulation will be today or even tomorrow so I would still be recommending dtd today at least!

MrsLadyL Mon 09-Sep-13 10:36:03

To be honest I'm not convinced with this batch of strips. Isn't picking up a strong positive at all. I have used them before so know what I'm looking for... I'm not giving up yet DTD this am so going to keep going till AF due to make sure sad

Good luck!

PrincessKitKat Mon 09-Sep-13 10:50:51

I didn't get a dark line either when I used amazon cheapies MrsLadyL.

We only DTD on the day the feint line first appeared and still got our BFP. I did continue to test twice a day but the dark line just didn't happen and test line disappeared altogether on the third day.

From my own experience, I'd say start DTD with intent when you get first indication of a surge smile

Good luck!

MrsLadyL Mon 09-Sep-13 11:06:16

Thank you! Iv been testing one week today. Expected O day was yesterday. So been DTD all week ha ha. Been very confusing this time round, strongest line I'd say was tue so fingered crossed hope I'm not out yet!

MrsLadyL Thu 12-Sep-13 15:08:56

Well now I'm really thrown. Been cramping past two days with I know it's way too early for implantation cramping. Go got some new opk delivered today and just tested and its positive sad haven't DTD since Monday... Gutted if I'm missed out this month

ZolaBuddleia Thu 12-Sep-13 15:13:10

Sorry to digress slightly, but which app are you using OP? What does it do? I'm guessing it must do more than just counting days.

Haven't used them myself (yet), but I know from reading the boards here lots of people have commented on the difficulty of reading the lines, and have used the smiley face ones instead.

MrsLadyL Thu 12-Sep-13 15:32:38

I'm using the app my days. And cheap strip tests off eBay

MrsLadyL Thu 12-Sep-13 15:36:33

Can I still be in with a chance if we DTD tonight??

MrsLady - yes! The positive OPK could be your LH levels rising (but not yet peaked - some people get 2 or 3 days in a row of positive OPKs), or the positive indicating your peak LH. Either of those mean you are at least 12 hours away from O, so you want to be DTD today and tomorrow as a minimum.
Test again in the morning and keep us updated
Oh, and this is why you must keep testing until you either you get a negative again after the positive OR you get your period! Never assume you've O'd without proof!

And for the smiley face vs cheap test strips comment- the lines are generally not difficult to read and they are an awful lot cheaper than a (smiley face) monitor. Everybody I know who has tried the cheap strips simultaneously with the smiley monitor gets the same results on both! Therefore i would recommend trying the cheap strips first and only splashing out on a monitor if they don't work for you

MrsLadyL Thu 12-Sep-13 20:47:59

Thank you. I only stopped because I ran out... But just knew it with my own body something wasn't rite. First time iv O'd this much later than expected but like you say no cycle is the same. That's why I didn't think it was rite that I hadn't have a strong (+) the few days before expected on. Any advices I have is defo go with you're body signs. Iv been cramping last two days and defo increased cervical fluid! Just felt a little shocked when got postative today as i thought I'd covered all basses. Just goes to show nothing is ever as simple as you think! Hope I'm not out yet. Fingers crossed smile

MrsLadyL Fri 13-Sep-13 06:34:26

Managed to DTD last night smile I will test again after work x

MrsLadyL Fri 13-Sep-13 16:46:57

Tested against after work today and was (-) hopefully not missed the boat

I would dtd tonight just to be safe and then sit back and summon up some patience for the 2ww! FX for you

MrsLadyL Sat 14-Sep-13 22:24:57

The wait has begun I guess

MrsLadyL Wed 18-Sep-13 17:16:01

Anyone else in the 2WW??

MrsLadyL Sun 22-Sep-13 13:33:17

Think I might have a bfp!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now