Anyone about to start/just started TTC number 2?

(1001 Posts)
mrsm22 Tue 03-Sep-13 20:35:38

Hi ladies, I am 31 and have one DS already. After my DS I went back on the pill but have decided to stop the pill and start TTC baby number 2 and wondered if anyone was also just about to start trying or just started and we could follow each other and share as we go along. I literally have stopped my pill last week for the 7 day break, and am meant to start taking it again tomorrow but obviously won't be, so I am very literally just starting to try for number two but am very excited! That's why I thought it might be nice to go through it with other people who are also trying. I have heard some people say that after your first baby you are more fertile but I am not sure so I am really not sure how long it will take this time. Does it usually not take as long second time round? It has taken a lot for me to decide for definite that I'd like another as I had an awful time in labour with forceps and 3rd degree tears etc which really scared me and must admit I'm terrified of another scary birth experience.

SoMuchFruit Fri 27-Sep-13 03:20:39

Blimey Horace that's bonkers impressively keen! FX you get your BFP. I didn't get back onto that particular horse until DS was 4mths I think if DH had suggested that we ttc I would have pummelled him!

I'm 38 and DS is 4. I didn't really really want to ttc until this summer. If it had happened great but if it didn't, not a problem now of course, it's not happening..

Donnas / mrsm22 - it's tiring but it's reminding us of our yoof grin

And yes. It's 3.19am, I am watching SVU and on MN. Just can't sleep. At all.

BetterNotBitter Fri 27-Sep-13 08:51:31

Well after a week of pain, AF has arrived today! Not a surprise as I've said before & at least it's bang on time so my cycle has been a regular 28 day.

Will be due to ovulate 6th-11th of October, so will try for then. If we're not lucky enough to fall pregnant in that cycle, we're thinking about deliberately not trying during the Next ovulation as that would give us an august due date.

Before I became a SAHM I was a primary teacher and I can't help but feel wary of an august baby...what's everyone's thoughts?

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 09:09:06

Hi Fruit! Yep, officially bonkers, but I am scared that waiting would lead to DD being an only. Probably daft!

Small babies do make it hard to do find time to DTD though, so maybe she wants to be an only!

It seems Sod's law is in action for you too though. :-(

Did you get back to sleep in the end?

Better, boo to AF arriving. Fx for next time.

I don't think I'll stop to avoid August, tbh. I don't want to limit my chances really. And they could be early / late and still avoid it.

I had right ovary pain last night. Seems a bit late for OV, but who knows post-pregnancy?!

lucyjojo Fri 27-Sep-13 09:18:02

Hello all, just wanted to dive in quickly as I'm off away for the weekend, will have a proper read through and reply to everyones posts when I'm back on Monday. Just wanted to mention that I've only just found out that it's not good to use lubricants when ttc, such as KY jelly - which I have been using for the past 3 months!!! Sorry if thats tmi, but I am a bit peeved to find out. Its not a spermicide but it hinders the mobility of the little guys so its not ideal when you're ttc!!! I'm sure people have conceived in the past whilst using it, but I just feel like the past 3 months have been a bit wasted sad, and I am currently ov but my DH is away for the next few days, so probably won't happen again this month. On a more positive note I have just bought some conceiveplus which hopefully will help speed the little guys along, and next month will be our month, which means I will hopefully get a BFP on my DDs 2nd birthday!! Anyway, I just felt i needed a rant about that, and some advice to you all if you didn't already know!!! Hope you all have a lovely weekend of BDing!!

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 09:22:29

Lucy, we got upduffed the first month of using CP with DD and as you don't need much, we've plenty left for this time!

What a PITA re your DH being away. Maybe you'll have a determined swimmer loitering from before he went? * hopeful *

utopian99 Fri 27-Sep-13 09:36:34

Like the idea of a loitering swimmer.. Loitering with intent?
We made the lube vs cp mistake last time then got pg the first month we used it.

Kt1991 Fri 27-Sep-13 09:37:35

Sorry to hear you got your AF too betternotbitter I would still try this next ovulation anyway smile we will be near enough ovulating at the same time so hopefully we can be BFP buddies!

lucy have a nice weekend away, here's hoping that you have conceived already, when's your AF due?

Just read your posts hungry wow your brave! Good luck! Aren't you still quite fertile once you've had a baby for a few months anyway so may not take you too long.

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 09:44:11

Hi kt1991 :-)

I'm hopeful that I'm super fertile, yes! But can't rely on that as my luteal phase last cycle couldn't have sustained pregnancy at all :-/

It would be great if you and better got upduffed together!

utopian99 Fri 27-Sep-13 19:54:48

I have to go for x rays on Wednesday and they ask if you could be pg. It's been 3 days since we 'properly' DTD (have been larking about with alternatives since then, apologies if tmi) and will continue until after. Also poas this morning to confirm no ovulation or pg so can I assume all is safe? Don't want to risk a very new pg if there could be one but rather need the z rays as they as are to see if having ds has made my spine even worse than before...

mrsm22 Fri 27-Sep-13 20:08:32

Hello All and welcome Hungry!
So glad it's the weekend, I'm not back at work now til next thurs so plenty of time to be DTD with DH. I've still no updates, still patiently waiting for AF or hoping that I may conceive without even getting AF. Something which worried me yesterday was that someone close to me has just found out she is borderline for 'the change' and she is only 35. Fortunately for her she has 4 children already and didn't plan to have anymore but it really worried me knowing that it can happen so early. I'm only just turned 32 but I hope I'm far away from menopause. How sad would that be if it happened when you still wanted more DC!
Lucyjojo - have a good weekend away! Are you going anywhere nice? I thought the same about lubricants so we've given them a big miss.
Hungry - you are very brave starting so soon after your first DD is so young but good on you. I'm permanently tired as my DS isn't a great sleeper and usually ends up in our bed so I do wonder how tired I'll be with two DC but I don't think it matters at the end of the day, it's all part of being a mum. We only started DTD when my DS was 3 months.
BetterNotBitter - bad news about AF! But next month could be your month!

mrsm22 Fri 27-Sep-13 20:16:28

Utopian - Wise I think to play it safe until after you've had your X-ray .
SoMuchFruit - are you managing to get better sleep?

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 20:24:57

Mrsm, we decided that we may as well just stay knackered as DD seemingly has no intention of sleeping through! And it's the menopause which scares me too. My sister started hormonal changes at 37, so I just don't want to wait and regret it.

Just got to hope it happens.

I bet you can't wait to enjoy your time off. Get DTD as much as possible :-)

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 20:41:27

Oh, and a woman who I 'met' on a TTC thread last year got pregnant after the pill without her period ever coming back. IIRC it was about 6 months after she stopped the pill.

Another lady on the same thread conceived in her third month, I think, also without her periods returning.

It is possible :-)

mrsm22 Fri 27-Sep-13 21:02:59

Thanks Hungry - that's good to know and gives me hope! I totally agree with what you say about the lack of sleep, if you ask me it's just part and parcel of being a mum and a dad and you're only going to have to go through all the tiredness again with a second one so might as well get it done together while you're already tired ! I'm hopeful for you as they say you're meant to still be very fertile on that first year after having a baby . I've been off the pill for 3 weeks but nothing is happening yet in terms of signs of AF. Wish it would bloody hurry up !

mrsm22 Fri 27-Sep-13 21:35:59

Sorry but what is Conceiveplus? I'm taking Pregnacare Original which is for when pregnant and TTC. I didn't take anything when TTC my DS, only folic acid once I actually found out I was pregnant .

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 21:59:23

Conceive Plus is a lube which mimics EWCM and makes it easier for the swimmers to get to target!

I got mine from Amazon as it was cheaper than Boots.

Did you have the withdrawal bleed after finishing the pack like you would in a week off?

And I hope I am more fertile now. Though it only took 5 months the first time which isn't so bad. I'm just impatient.

My right ovary has been aching all day still. Wondering why best DTD later, I suppose!

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 22:02:37
Vijac Fri 27-Sep-13 22:22:57

I'd like to join too! I have a son who is 2 in October and we are planning on starting to try again in Jan. I am just starting to plot my period etc so we know when to get busy haha. We got pregnant first month with ds so hope it's quick this time too but who knows. I think I would ideally like a girl to make the 'set' but having said that my boy is very fun and lovely so another not would be great too grin. Good luck to everyone. All very exciting!!

mrsm22 Fri 27-Sep-13 23:09:16

Thanks for that Hungry - never heard of that before! It took us 7 months to conceive with my DS which also isn't bad (after many years on the pill ) but felt like ages, as it always does when u want something to happen. I too am hoping it is quicker this time. Yes I finished my last pack of pills and had the usual withdrawal bleed . Were you on the pill before you had your DD?
Vijac - are you coming off the pill or anything like that?

Welcome Vijac! I too have a DS who will be 2 at the end of the year. Boys are very loving and cute, I'd like another boy if I'm honest but as long as healthy I don't mind. I really think my DS would love a little bro or sister to play with. Lucky for Hungry - yours will be nice and close together.

HungryHorace Fri 27-Sep-13 23:32:14

I was on the injection and went on the pill instead of having the jab in Feb last year. I then came off the pill in May and conceived in September / October.

Hi Vijac. Do you use an app? I have My Days which I find teally helpful. :-)

donnas1984 Sat 28-Sep-13 09:56:53

hungry ive just downloaded the my days app and have filled it in as well as I can remember!
Im waiting for my first Af since getting implant out, its only just over 3 weeks but seems like forever- is it too soon to poas! ?!
Better sorry its not been your month but now you know you cycle hope next month's luckierwink

HungryHorace Sat 28-Sep-13 16:16:18

Ha, Donna! A teeny bit early, yes! :-)

I'm willing myself to have at least a 28 day cycle this time. At least I've beaten last time's 17 days!

It's daft though, as even though it's not even a year ago, I can't remember what early pregnancy feels like. What's weirder is that I've also forgotten how labour feels too. :-) I remember saying ouch a lot though!!

donnas1984 Sat 28-Sep-13 17:39:31

lol Hungry I couldn't help myself but do one and as I expected bfn!
I wasnt very symptomatic just exhausted then from about 20 weeks I had constant heartburnangry and when I went into labour had an epidural the minute I was allowed haha - birth plan went right out the window!

mrsm22 Sat 28-Sep-13 20:01:09

Hi All, any updates ? I'm nearly 4 weeks off the pill (on 2nd October ) and have got everything crossed that I might get AF on that day. Surely a month would be long enough to start ovulating and get AF?! Getting very impatient.
Hungry- like Donnas, I was really tired when first pregnant and all the way through . Didn't have any other symptoms, no morning sickness or anything, just tired.

HungryHorace Sat 28-Sep-13 20:30:14

I was sick, but not til about 7 weeks.

The thing is, I knew I was pregnant before I tested, but I've no idea how now!

This thread is not accepting new messages.