The Elderberry Pavlovas- All aboard the Berrycopter. Thread 14

(994 Posts)
funkymonk Tue 03-Sep-13 20:23:17

The smallprint - Berries have a strict entrance criteria (TTC #1, over 30, TTC for 3+months, NO instadiffers, must have a special pot) and def no mention of baby dust or baby dancing UGH !!! Ooh we are strict...please note your house may be at risk if you do not keep up repayments lol

Foodylicious Fri 20-Sep-13 15:42:23

how and when in the cycle do you take clomid? I thought is was a 5 day course after day 3 or 5?

happylass Fri 20-Sep-13 16:28:38

Wedding isn't until next August but I feel that it's too late to get upduffed now as, as good as DPs intentions are, I always end up doing everything and looking after a newborn in the weeks running up to a wedding would be hell!! I've got no problem with the dress or having a big bump for the big day but postponing isn't really an option as it would cost us big time plus we've already sent Save the Dates and I've got family from abroad who've made plans to come over.
Foody I've got the opposite issue to you - it was DP who was pushing to book the wedding despite me suggesting we should wait to get a baby sorted first. That's why I think he's being really unfair suggesting that I'm damaging our chances by wanting to take a break now. If he could offer a logical solution (that wouldnt cost us big bucks) to what we would do about the wedding if we got pg in the next few months then I would be happy to carry on but he just says it'll all be ok and and I know I'd be left to sort out the chaos! He's even talking about booking the honeymoon but I'm not sure how the thinks that's gonna happen if I'm pg. Men!
Sorry for the rant ladies.

Foody clomid is supposed to be taken for 5 days, starting on CD2.

Happy when we got engaged I said the wedding had to be within 9 months so that there was no chance of a due date and the wedding date being the same day. I then found out I was pg the next day! If my pg had worked I would have been 7 months, which I was really looking forward to. A friend got married when she was 8 months pg (wedding was booked pre pg) and she looked stunning and so happy. I can understand not wanting a newborn though. When are you going to start trying again?

happylass Fri 20-Sep-13 17:03:35

That's the mistake we've made Barking - booking the wedding too far in advance to make proper plans!! I've no objection to being heavily pregnant as long as I'm not pg enough to risk giving birth around the time of the wedding! If I have to get a different dress then so be it. As Sid suggested DP can foot the bill! I guess if we're gonna book a honeymoon we also need to allow enough time for me to be able to fly! Think we'll probably start back in the new year or maybe February . All this worrying is a bit pointless anyway as the chances of me getting a BFP are pretty slim seen as a year of really trying didn't get us anywhere!

Foodylicious Fri 20-Sep-13 17:09:57

re booking a honeymoon - I would book the time off work, save up and book the actual holiday very near the time due to all the other variables!

happylass Fri 20-Sep-13 17:20:44

Foody I'm a teacher. Due to the timing of the wedding we only have 12 nights after the wedding before I have to be back to start school so we have to go and come back on very specific days. As its peak time too I'd be worried about not getting the flights. Nothing is ever simple in the happy household!! Also I feel like I've already put enough on hold for TTC. If I was guaranteed a baby in the next year I wouldn't mind making sacrifices but if not then I feel I don't want to settle for a rubbish honeymoon if I'm not getting a baby either. Maybe I'm being way too spoilt and selfish but just a bit fed up with living my life by "what if.....?"
Anyway enough about me how's everyone else doing? Sid sorry about AF. We've somehow managed to totally un-sync - I'm on cd8 now and I only know that cos I had to check at the FC Sorry but Bunny is my cycle bud now wink
Barking how's things with you? Hope you've been taking it easy young lady!!

Yep. We keep getting asked where we're going on honeymoon but (given teacher holidays) the earliest we can go is Easter and we can't book a honeymoon before we know if I will be pg/ how pg I would be as most of our trips are active rather than relaxing.

SidneyBristow Fri 20-Sep-13 17:50:47

I'm as certain as I can be that it's AF; it's much heavier now although still not the color/consistency that I'd've expected on CD1; usually I don't spot and this time I did, the (sorry if TMI) rusty brown type of blood you usually see as things are winding down rather than just beginning. I've been PIMPing since Monday and not even a trace of a 2nd line so if I'm pg, then something very, very weird is going on.

Foody my clinic's instructions were to begin clomid on CD2 and take for 5 days. I think Barking found that in the US the usual start day is CD5.

Barking smile I could PM you if you're not ready for FB yet. Suffice it to say I could be knocked over with a feather which is a very very good thing.

SidneyBristow Fri 20-Sep-13 17:56:45

Oops massive cross-post!

Happy I take back everything I said, I hadn't thought of the possibility of having a newborn at the time of the wedding - nightmare city! You're right to take a break. My DH is very "everything'll be OK" too, which is great sometimes, so I know where you're coming from with your fella. Nope, take a break and tell him it's the price he has to pay for having left you in charge of everything. Hmm I feel weirdly cast aside now that you've found a new cycle buddy! Is my cycle not good enough for you anymore? wink (I'm getting rather annoyed with it myself, it's not like it's done me any good for the last 15 months or anything...)

Sid I promise I will go away and leave you alone after this final post. Have you tried a first response? There's someone on another thread I'm on for whom Internet cheapies never work. I'm suspicious that its brown blood

Foodylicious Fri 20-Sep-13 18:04:17

Well just OPk'd again and have flashing smiley face (using this one http://www.clearblueeasy.com/advanced-digital-ovulation-test.php) so dtd marathon is on! (TMI ALERT - did not notice EWCM until this aft which is why i tested again).

thanks sid just curious about clomid

SidneyBristow Fri 20-Sep-13 18:42:19

It was brown blood, but now it's normalized. I have a ClearBlue test in a drawer, was saving it for a special occasion but maybe I should use it in the morning?

Don't worry about all the questions, I feel like you all are my TTC guardian angels! wink

Bunnygirlie Fri 20-Sep-13 18:58:16

Thanks for the cake sid the op is a scary prospect but it could be months away so will worry when I know when it is lol

Hey happy so when will you start TTC again? Springtime?

Yep CD8 here, not sure how I feel about shag week coming up. I kind of feel what's the point sad

Going to see my bestie tonight, I think I may tell her what's up with me, think I will need her support in the coming months!

Foodylicious Fri 20-Sep-13 19:18:53

Hey bunny I have had loads of general anesthetics and really they are ok, but yep you will likely feel cold, a little woozy and may have a funny taste in your mouth so recommend you take some mints to suck on once you have come round properly. Going to sound funny but the tea and toast or sandwich i have always had afterwards has been sooo lovely!

Also they don't always fast you for quite as long these days as they used to -used to be from midnight, my last op was at 1pm and I was allowed a light breakfast up to 7am and water up to 9am.

happylass Fri 20-Sep-13 20:20:37

Hi Bunny yes I guess Feb or March time for restarting with the TTC. Whenever will allow me to fly when pg I guess.
Didn't Pip have a lap and dye a while back?
In the last week I've told both my best mate and the friend I'm closest to in work about TTC. Is good to finally talk about it in RL too. Not sure I'm ready to tell our parents though. Mine would be fine as they have a strict no interference policy but,lovely as MIL is, I would definitely get the 3rd degree! Good luck with shag week Foody. I used to love the reassurance of the flashing smiley. Couldn't keep on using them though, would have been bankrupt!!

RevoltingPeasant Fri 20-Sep-13 20:25:57

sid I'm sorry about AF flowers although maybe do try a digital test!!

I have now decided AF is due Sunday. No sign so far but I don't tend to,get lots of symptoms.....

Bunny I have had 4 general As in the last year or so and they are totally fine I quite like them

Happy If it helps I worked out for the USA trip that we could safely book flights after AF arrived in January according to when you are allowed to fly (based on flying back just before term started in September).

sid I risked opening fb so I could have a look at the berry group but was immediately hit with a photo of the newborn twins and had to shut it down. Definitely staying off facebook for the foreseeable future. Please copy and paste your news into a pm if it's not too much trouble, I'd love an update!

BlindKitty Fri 20-Sep-13 20:52:11

rp been there, done that LOADS of times! I never learnt!

barking you got diffed on your 1st go of clomid. I have every faith you'll get diffed again smile. Same goes for you foody

happy I can't see how they can class you as 'unexplained' when you haven't had all your tests. What is really means is 'we don't know because we haven't bothered to test for everything'. Oh and yep still bitter it took 2 1/2 years to diagnose me when they should have given me a fanny cam in the first place!

sid that's FAB news! So glad things are better for you, you deserve it grin

CharmingCats Fri 20-Sep-13 21:38:16

Hello! I think I may have to become a weekend berry, as the week nights are now full of school shit. Had it all this week, vomming kids, dildocams, stinking kids, fecking high maintenance mothers (feel your pain, barking).
Lovely to read your news, hope people are enjoying the beginning of the weekend.
I'm starting clomid next cycle. No sign of ov on wed, cd30. But changes in cm and pelvic twinges today, so maybe late cos of new job stress?
Will try to digest the thread news and add something more personal over the weekend.

happylass Fri 20-Sep-13 21:41:44

Kitty I thought that too! To be fair she only said we may be unexplained based on be fact that all tests so far are normal and I don't have any symptoms of anything else. Surely the consultant will order the dildo cam etc though? Will have to wait and see I guess!

BlindKitty Fri 20-Sep-13 22:21:16

happy mine didn't bother because my fsh and lh were normal. They only found multicystic ovaries when they started the iui!

Bunnygirlie Sat 21-Sep-13 09:20:10

Morning!!!! Anybody in here today?

Thanks for the advice ladies foody RP

Oh barking boo to the FB baby news sad

Yep told my closest friend last night, it's good to talk isn't it happy. She was amazing, none of this just relax nonsense, she is a very practical person and asked lots of questions (not that I had the answers) and was very positive. She had 2 mcs between her two children and it took them a while to fall pg with their second successful pregnancy so she knows heartache too.

Bunnygirlie Sat 21-Sep-13 09:22:05

Think I will tell my mum once I know when the op is! I will want her there with me. Of course DH will then want to tell his mum too!

Boodle9 Sat 21-Sep-13 10:46:50

Morning all! Charming, I too feel that I must become a weekend Berry. I've worked every hour god sent this week and I STILL feel like I've got a to do list as long as my arm. The kids and parents in your class sound like hard work. I feel for you!

So, have I missed any earth shattering news this week or are we all just bumbling along with things for now? I'm cd11 today and haven't DTD this cycle at all yet...better jump his bones later!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now