Any other newlyweds who are newbies to ttc? Looking for a buddy!

(142 Posts)
MrsDinoRawr Fri 23-Aug-13 08:40:45

We just got married in July and I always thought we would have a honeymoon baby. Well I got a BFN on my first cycle so didn't happen! So onto cycle 2...

Would be great to have someone on here to chat to.

PinkHat1 Thu 12-Sep-13 17:40:04

Congrats B1985! Fantastic news super pleased for you!

I know what you mean Wispa, I hate when my husband travels as he is usually exhausted by the time he returns home and usually means no baby dancing. Hate missed opportunities especially around my ovulating days!

AF is due mid next week so if no signs will test on Friday.

B1985 Fri 13-Sep-13 22:25:10

Thanks Pinkhat! Good luck...here's hoping for a BFP! X

Dr reckons I'm 5 weeks and did the referral today. Earliest i can have a scan is the 11week one where they check for downs etc...I thought I could have one earlier due to previous m/c but she said its actually common 1st pregnancies to end in m/c sad and then next time (and ones after that) are normal and healthy (hope so)! I know so many women's 1st pregnancies to be fine tho so its just one of those things I suppose....

My BP weight etc was checked and all fine but she did say urine showed up like was bit dehydrated so gotta up the water odd as I drink alot but I did keep waking up thirsty all night so maybe that's why.

What's everyone up to this weekend? We're at mother in laws...gonna be so hard not to say anything! Saw mum today today for lunch and my sis! Literally biting my lip! X wink hmm

MrsDinoRawr Sat 14-Sep-13 21:51:05

Congratulations B1985. When do you think you will tell your family? Mine all keep hinting/asking if I am pregnant - very annoying as I am not. Got my AF a day early sad
A couple of days left then we can get on with cycle 3. However my husband is on a 3 day course smack bang when I think I will ovulate. My try clearblue ovulation tests soon - but seem so expensive. Sort of want to just try a couple as I imagine obsessing over ttc doesn't help. But I really want to be pregnant. If I am not pregnant by Christmas I am getting a cat!
Who is on 2ww?

Maybe we should copy and past a section at the bottom each time we post to make it easier to keep track. Add your username and info such as CD/dpo, cycle number, 2ww etc. If anyone wants to do this copy and past my info then add your own.

MrsDinoRaw - Cycle 3. CD4

MrsDinoRawr Sat 14-Sep-13 21:53:21

Just noticed that you can make text bold by putting stars each side. So maybe the info we copy and past could be bold? Then update your info when you copy and paste the info.

MrsDinoRawr - Cycle 3. CD4

wispaxmas Sat 14-Sep-13 22:02:07

I'm in the 2ww, 3dpo now and stupidly hopeful.

jaykay987 Sat 14-Sep-13 22:04:44

I'm dpo13. Lots of symptoms. No sign of AF. Lots of BFN tests!

I hate limbo!

deuscat Sat 14-Sep-13 23:13:25

I have no idea where I am apart from cd14. It's my first cycle since coming off the pill at the end of August so going on guesswork for now smile

DulcetMoans Sun 15-Sep-13 08:36:15

Probably better to list test dates rather than cd as cd will change everyday.

Ducletmoans, BFP due 22nd Sept

wispaxmas Sun 15-Sep-13 15:34:24

I hate limbo, too. The 2ww is bad enough, but when it stretches out longer its so much worse! You're still just 13dpo, how long is your LP usually? Mine is 13-14 days according to FF, and I know that if I were getting BFNs at 13dpo I would be sure AF was on her way, but that's just pessimism, you never know, you're not out until AF rears her ugly head.

wispaxmas Sun 15-Sep-13 15:35:16

Oh, forgot to add:

4dpo, bfp due 25th

jaykay987 Sun 15-Sep-13 15:37:34

I know. I am now expecting AF.

Only glimmer of hope is BBT is still high (normally drops around dpo 12) and I've no sign of AF (normally have headache and bad back ache by dpo 12/13.

I just want it to arrive now so I can draw a line move onto the next cycle!

wispaxmas Sun 15-Sep-13 20:25:24

Those are good reasons to hope, though!!

AhoyMcCoy Sun 15-Sep-13 20:48:03

Hi all! I'm another one joining! Came off the pill and got married in June, and got a BFP the day we returned from honeymoon. We were so pleased with our little honeymoon baby, but sadly I miscarried at 11 weeks. We're trying again now, this is my first cycle after the miscarriage. I don't know my cycle lengths or fertile dates, so DH and I are having sex every day to cover our bases! grin

Hopefully there will be lots of BFPs for everyone <sprinkles babydust all over thread>

B1985 Mon 16-Sep-13 19:16:08

Hi ladies! Sorry I keep loosing the feed for this!

Thanks all I'm v happy and excited but super scared to!

But living proof that all those BFN can turn around one month!

Im thinking to tell the family after all clear everything is ok at 3 months mrsdino

I've told sister and hubby that's all right now!

Sucksoutthejoy Mon 16-Sep-13 19:46:49

Ah, just the thread for me! Been married since July, have moved country and will be ttc #1 as of this month. I'm 34 DH is 37 so it's time to get cracking. I haven't been on bc for the last few months but have been using condoms. Been tracking menstrual cycle for last couple of months, just told DH fertile days this month and he disagreed! Cue lots of googling different sources to come up with dates he agrees are correct! Best of luck to everyone else on this thread, exciting times.

MrsB2013 Mon 16-Sep-13 20:30:46

This thread does keep getting lost!

Congratulations B1985 flowers

Im on cycle 2 CD20 I think? We only managed to dtd on CD 15 and 16 so I know im already out this month lol DH was ill for the first week or so, and he works long hours so is usually tired sad

If I don't get a bfp this month I think I'm going to try the Clear Blue opk, the one with the smiley flashing faces. I don't really know if or when I Ov as only came off the pill in July, had one normal af which was a 30 day cycle, so the app ive been using says I Ov on CD17?

wispaxmas Mon 16-Sep-13 22:16:17

MrsB, an opk can't confirm that you're ovulating, it can only confirm an LH surge, which might not result in releasing an egg. Only way to be sure is to track bbt!

I don't like opks, though, far too much guess work is involved in them. I suppose temping has issues as well, but I prefer it anyways.

Let us know how it goes either way, though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now