ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Any other newlyweds who are newbies to ttc? Looking for a buddy!

(142 Posts)
MrsDinoRawr Fri 23-Aug-13 08:40:45

We just got married in July and I always thought we would have a honeymoon baby. Well I got a BFN on my first cycle so didn't happen! So onto cycle 2...

Would be great to have someone on here to chat to.

Crystal049 Fri 23-Aug-13 18:54:22

Hiya guys

Got married last August and came off pill in May to give my body a break, got my period straight away and bang on time every month so all great. Haven't started TTC yet but will be towards the end of this year just waiting for some building work to finish at our house and need to be earning, so excited and can't wait xxx

offtogetmesomebrains Fri 23-Aug-13 19:35:39

Yep…I'm another hypothetical situation worrier! That's why I was worried about the folic acid situation having not been taking for the 3 months. DH thought I was being mental and stressing about nothing.

What are you lot doing re folic acid? Am I being mental worrying about it?! I've been taking it for 1.5 months now, plus improved diet etc.

wispaxmas Fri 23-Aug-13 20:09:56

Hello! Got married end of June and started vaguely 'trying' after. So, on cycle3, but not really kept track of anything other than AF, so we're being quite loosey goosey. I'm pretty lucky, though, have very regular 28/9 day and not been on the pill for years!

I'm getting a bit obsessed at the minute, though. I tested early and a bfn, but I'm not really due until Tuesday. Stupidly symptom spotting and thinking my fatigue and achy-ness is somehow a sign, but more likely just pms sad

wispaxmas Fri 23-Aug-13 20:10:49

I've been taking pregnancy vitamins w/ folic acid for the past few weeks.

jaykay987 Fri 23-Aug-13 20:28:01

I take pregnacare or my folic acid. I'm a bit worried though cause I read that those with bMi >35(which unfortunately I have) should take a much larger dose. But it seems you can only get that size on prescription.

B1985 Fri 23-Aug-13 20:38:34

Been taking pregnacare conception one for 3 months now. But only started trying last month!

B1985 Fri 23-Aug-13 20:39:56

I wouldn't worry brains it's just an extra thing u can do...plenty have no issues and get preg and healthy pregnacy a without ever taking!

1st time round I got preg without taking and only started taking once was pregnant.
X

keepswimming1 Fri 23-Aug-13 21:32:39

Hey offtogetsomebrain I wouldn't worry to much.
I have only just started taking them, on my 10th tablet of pregnancy care. Just trying to eat healthy(ish) and upping my exercise. Most people I know never new they were pregnant let alone take these tabs

Good luck all smile

offtogetmesomebrains Fri 23-Aug-13 22:06:29

Thanks…I'll stop thinking about it. Women have been having babies for thousands of years and they weren't taking any folic acid…but I'm on pregnacare nonetheless!

jaykay987 Fri 23-Aug-13 22:25:47

woop woop! Despite a low opk this morning, I just spotted some EWCM!

(wow - the strangest things excite me these days! grin )

Newlywed2013 Sat 24-Aug-13 03:54:37

Not sure if I qualify just yet, Got married 3rd aug, so only 3 weeks ago!! am patiently waiting for hospital referal to get my implanon out! it has gone missing and cannot be located on ultrasound!! but as soon as that bad boy is out we are going to TTC!!
Think im going to get frustrated as I have never had a regular period, ranging from 18 day cycle up to 44days!!
Also result of implant has been lack of sex drive and excruitiating pain during sex which is a bit of a problem!! hopefully when its out things will improve! smile

Good look to you all trying!!
xx

B1985 Sat 24-Aug-13 09:16:25

Best of luck newlywed x

wispaxmas Sat 24-Aug-13 09:28:56

Omg, newlywed, that sounds absolutely awful! I've never been happier to have not been on birth control! I wouldn't say you don't count yet, though. You ARE a newlywed and you're thinking baby, so welcome to the club grin

I know we're all newlyweds in here, but how old are we? Does anyone already have children, or are we all trying for #1?

I'm 29, h is 34, no kids for either of us yet, and I think he's starting worry that there's something wrong with his swimmers, he must have thought the minute we ditched the condoms I'd be upduffed!

keepswimming1 Sat 24-Aug-13 10:03:37

Im also 29 and trying for No 1 smile

I agree wispa - so happy now I am off the pill

lucyfluff Sat 24-Aug-13 10:50:37

Im 30 and ttc number 4, second with hubster. My first two are from a previous relationship so are a bit older, its nice having little helpers smile

I couldnt wait to stop my patch, dh will have the snip if we are lucky enough to concieve again so I never have to use it again smile

jaykay987 Sat 24-Aug-13 11:32:18

I'm 32 as is DH. ttc #1.

Scary times!
Exciting times!
I swing from one emotion to the other! (sometimes on an hourly basis!)

MrsB2013 Sat 24-Aug-13 12:19:29

I'm 32 and DH is 31 ttc #1 cycle #1

I agree with you jaykay it is exciting and scary!

After 12 years on the pill I do worry if ive left it too late, and no idea what my body is doing naturally! I have been taking folic acid and vit d. Need to start eating healthy again, fell off the wagon after the wedding lol

wispaxmas Sat 24-Aug-13 12:31:48

I don't think you've left it late at all at 32. Loads of people are having children far later than that, and even if you find issues you still have time to get help. My sister had so much trouble ttc, but she has a healthy son who's 20 months and is 20 weeks or so into her second pregnancy at 37. Ad my old line manager is 26 weeks with TRIPLETS at 40!!

As for falling off the diet wagon post wedding that is totally me as we'll. I still manage to lots of good stuff, but I'm just not resisting the tea cakes and hobnobs blush

Writerwannabe83 Sat 24-Aug-13 12:34:54

Hello Newlyweds!!!

I'm a newlywed and we starting TTC three months after the wedding and we got pregnant on our first month smile Our baby is due 8 days after what will be our 1st Wedding Anniversary smile So excited!!!

Best of luck to you all!!!!!! grin x x

B1985 Sat 24-Aug-13 15:29:24

I'm 28, hubby is 33, TTC no.1

Wooo that's lovely wannabe83

Congrats!

Kt1991 Sat 24-Aug-13 15:48:03

Hey everyone, we got married end of June this year, and came off the pill mid July, trying for baby no. 2. Have PCOS so not sure If i’m going to be able to tell when or if I conceive, did have AF last Sunday, which ended Wednesday so going to see what happens by end of Sept, fingers crossed for a BFP! Congrats WriterWannabe83! Thats really nice your due around then smile

BroodyTroody Sun 25-Aug-13 18:17:48

Hi all, I'd love to board HMS Newlywed please!

We got married end of march and have been trying since Feb, and atm we're not using OPKs etc, JSing is much more chilled out!

I'm 23 & DH is 26, ttc #1.

Now in the 2ww, AF due on 8th Sept so fx for then!

Lovely to meet you all thanks

wispaxmas Sun 25-Aug-13 22:04:56

Hi broody, welcome aboard grin

I'm nearing the end of my third 2ww, but not expecting anything, as we've been very lax. Am planning to perhaps use opks next month just to check when I'm actually ovulating. I'm already gutted just thinking about AF arriving in a couple days. I'm setting babies everywhere these days, it seems!

B1985 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:13:54

Tell me about it wispa babies everywhere!

We've just been literally trying every day but if 12/13 Sept no BFP I might invest in an ov kit!!

Randomly today though I'm feeling sooo sick, & got itchy feet!?! Looking at everything too deeply now hoping wishing!

skd83 Sun 25-Aug-13 22:22:30

Hi everyone. I'd like to join please. I got married in June, and we have just got back from our delayed honeymoon. I am finishing off my contraceptive pill packet next week, and then I we will be TTC. I'm hoping it doesn't take too long till I have my first ovulation but only time will tell. Also, I'm trying not to get too obsessed so I only plan to track my periods and nothing else.

My DH and I are both 29. TTC #1

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now