Posifrickentivity all round, with a good healthy dash of project desperate. New thread, new luck, new BFPs! TTC after MC

(1000 Posts)
alyant79 Thu 22-Aug-13 09:02:40

Come one, come all and join our rollicking new thread with slightly updated brand new rules

(1) A lady may only POAS on a Friday.
(2) Friday means the day that everyone calls Friday in the time zone where you spent the night.
(3) Rule (1) does not apply to POA-OPK-S, UNLESS they are being illegitimately used as surrogate HCG detectors, in which case Rule (1) most definitely does apply
(4) Rule (1) does not apply following a BFP because if you want to waste £25 a day POADigiS that's your prerogative <<refuses to admit that's what I'll do>>
(5) Rule (1) does not apply if a lady is POAS in an attempt to get a BFN to prove she can start DTD with intent
(6) Rule (1) does not apply if a lady wants for unknown reason to pee on an actual stick, like a twig or some such, if that lady is unexpectedly caught short whilst tramping in the forest looking for bears.
(7) These rules (including Rule (1)) are subject to the change at any time if the ladies of the Posifrickentivity thread decide on a whim come up with empirical evidence to prove that it is luckier to POAS on any other day of the week
(8) Violators of Rule (1) shall be subject to fish throwing.

And as a grand finale, why not pledge to NEVER POAS before 14DPO?

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 18-Sep-13 18:24:11

penguinita I didn't tell work until after the 20week scan and results. (That would be about 21 week iirc). I don't trust them not to give me the boot for one reason or other either. As long as you aren't really showing, you don't have to tell until 15 weeks before EDD. Of course if your work is somehow hazardous to pregnant women, like chemicals, heavy lifting, it is different.

OneLittleToddleTerror Wed 18-Sep-13 18:24:28

I mean for my first.

Sal1977 Wed 18-Sep-13 18:31:06

I have had it before and have very tender nipples (sorry if you're eating your dinner ) at the moment. Of course it can only be a sign of PG this time round even though I'm only 6dpo .

I'm being a twat at the moment in the healthy living department. Eating shite, drinking booze and sneaking 2 or 3 cigarettes a day without DH knowing and doing no exercise at all (does DTD count?). I figure that I did everything by the book last time and look where that got me!?!

Had DH's graduation ceremony today and really felt very tearful hopefully his bellyaching will stop now which again can only be a sign of an impending BFP!!

Sal1977 Wed 18-Sep-13 18:34:33

Please note: DH is nearly 40yrs old, I'm not knocking off a 21yr old. grin

Sal1977 Wed 18-Sep-13 19:03:09

For all of us over the age of 35 yrs, the picture might not be as grim as we thought.

Saw this on another thread and thought I'd steal it!

Fertility for oldies

Sal1977 Wed 18-Sep-13 19:05:41

Bollocks! Wrong link...try this one!!

Fertility Hope

Penguinita Wed 18-Sep-13 19:21:43

Thanks for the link sal, I'm a statistician by profession so I heartily endorse the message!

Enjoy yourself while you can I say, life will become all boring and healthy once you get pregnant (which surely wont be long).

I could probably get away with not telling work for a while, although we go out socially quite a lot and my not drinking for 5 months would be highly suspicious. I can't believe nobody twigged last time after 10 weeks! My excuses were getting flimsy smile

SeasideLily Wed 18-Sep-13 20:36:01

Sal you always make me laugh! If anyone has a Times subscription, there was a lovely feature a few days ago that I'm sure many of you will identify with as I did - and it has a very happy ending.

I've been quiet too for similar reasons - was so stressed last week all the chat I had was how stressed I was, which isn't fun to read. Feeling much better this week, and almost halfway through the 2ww. Also I've finally been absorbed into Game of Thrones, so that's taking up my computer time!

I'm so sorry to read others are having a horrible week though - cosmic you must just not know which way is up, I do hope the doctors are all wrong. And Yorkshire, what a gash day you've had. Its nearly over, fingers crossed tomorrow is rosier.

I'm freelance, so there was never any chance of mat pay here...so know how you feel being nervous about that. It's going to be really hard hiding it as well, as a big part of my work is going out for meals and drinks...I'm going to have to master the art of pretending to drink one glass all night.

Bezza2508 Wed 18-Sep-13 22:04:21

Hmmmm I posted on here earlier and now it has disappeared. Anyway, my post basically said that I was thinking of Cosmic and I have everything crossed that the doctors will be proved wrong.

It seems like lots of us are a bit blue at the moment. We need some good news on Friday!

I think I'm finally in the 2ww wait now. Got a positive opk on CD22 (whilst we were on holiday with my parents as predicted!)

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 19-Sep-13 09:05:11

sal thanks for the article. I can understand how difficult the statistics for this can be gathered, given how widespread contraception is. It gives me hope.

triplespin Thu 19-Sep-13 10:10:23

Thanks penguin - the temperature drop happened similarly in the last cycle too - its a permanent shift in the temperature downwards preparing for AF. So no hope - even though I thought we had the timing right !

Re: the sore boobs (its painful !)- I've had them this time around for last couple of days too ! Never had it before - but I take it as a good sign. The acupuncturist I went to also asked me if I had that and when I said I didn't - he thought this part of my cycle could be fixed. It seems though its been automatically fixed.

fx crossed for you for Friday and anyone else poas-ing. We need something positive to cheer us all up !

nerdy how did your acu appointment go?

sal thanks for posting that link. Makes me feel better as have been hearing everytime I speak to my mum that I've left it too late to have DC2 and that's why I'm having trouble now.

NerdyBird Thu 19-Sep-13 14:31:45

Hi triple

My acupuncture went ok. She did three in my pelvic area, one in each wrist and three on the inside of each ankle. The pelvic ones felt a bit sharp, and the ankle and wrist ones twinged. One was quite painful, but only for a couple of seconds. Having another treatment next week.

A girl from work brought her baby in today, and it wasn't too bad. I didn't hold the baby though.
I am trying to be positive and think that if I got pregnant before I can do it again, plus I've also been reading about how being over 35 isn't the end of the line for having a baby!

I might try taking the cough medicine this month, to see if it makes any difference to CM. I'm not sure if I'm getting the egg white stage, so hoping that might help.

OneLittleToddleTerror Thu 19-Sep-13 16:24:23

nerdy being over 35 definitely isn't the end of the line. I got pregnant with DD when I was 35, gave birth at 36.

But I'm having trouble with TTC#2. I started trying just beforing turning 37. (Birthday in October, and started in September). Now I'm regretting waiting for 1.5 yo. I don't remember if you are trying for your first. I'd say, really really don't wait if you get your BFP. It's easier said then done though when you are completely sleep deprived.

OLTT, I totally agree with the advice not to wait if you want a 2nd DC. We didn't wait as we took 16 months to conceive DD, so we started as soon as my periods returned after I finished BFing (DD was 9 months). That was 2 years ago. If I'd tried to plan the gap I'd be going mad by now.

Nerdy, I'm going to give the cough medicine a go this month. Anything labelled as an expectorant, with the ingredient "guaifenesin" should work.

Am on CD 8 and just got a faint line on the OPK, which I'm interpreting as an indication that Peak shagging week Is about to start. Better drag DH off the PlayStation and get him to attempt to impregnate me.

NerdyBird Thu 19-Sep-13 22:25:13

This would be my first. My boyfriend already has two children. We started trying after we'd been together just over a year, just before my 36th birthday. I had thought it might take a while to get pregnant, so when it happened quickly I was thrilled. Then it all went wrong sad and although I was hoping it'd happen quickly again it hasn't.

If we do manage to have a baby, that will probably be it for us.

Penguinita Fri 20-Sep-13 07:50:50

I POAS this morning, at first I thought it was a BFN. But after 3-4 mins I took it in another room with a bright light and there was a very very faint second pink line. Woke up DH who agreed I wasn't imagining it.

I don't trust it not to be an evap line though, it is just an IC with a sensitivity of 20. I have some sensitivity 10 ICs that I will try tomorrow morning, and if that says the same I will be off for some CB digis.

Keeping everything crossed!

Good luck to the other POAS ers today.

triplespin Fri 20-Sep-13 08:14:17

Congrats !!! Keep us posted on how you fare with the digis.

I ended up not poas as my temp took a nose dive so now waiting for AF unfortunately.

Sal1977 Fri 20-Sep-13 08:33:54

Ooh Penguin! Sounds promising!!

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 20-Sep-13 09:06:18

That sounds really promising penguinita.

NerdyBird Fri 20-Sep-13 09:23:32

That sounds hopeful penguinita, update us tomorrow!

This morning FF has decided there's no longer enough of a pattern in my temperatures to tell if I've ovulated or not. This is kind of what I expected, and my predicted fertility window is back to being next week. It was probably my less than consistent temperature taking that confused it!

Sorry you are waiting for AF triple lets hope she comes and goes quickly and quietly!

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 20-Sep-13 09:34:13

nerdy DH has an alarm to wake him up for work. I think that's why I am able to take my BBT within a 5-10min window every morning. Have you got an alarm set? Though tbh, if I don't have to be woken up by an alarm every morning, I wouldn't.

alyant79 Fri 20-Sep-13 10:10:39

hi everyone!
i'm back from a lovely week cycling around provence and not worrying about getting pg at all. i've been drinking at least half a bottle of wine every night too - so of course i'm secretly hoping that all that naughty behaviour will lead to a baby, but since I was away from DH at the critical time and could only managed dtd the day after ov day (i think) i'm not really hopeful.

I haven't caught up on the thread, but good news on the faint line penguin!
i'm 8/9 dpo today and accidentally slipped and fell on a stick in the bathroom this morning - bfn of course but i'm not expecting anything different.

SeasideLily Fri 20-Sep-13 11:23:58

Exciting penguin! Fingers crossed it solidifies into a nice bfp for you. Next week will be my poas friday, unless at rocks up early like last month. Good luck everyone else!

IsItMyArseOrMyElbow Fri 20-Sep-13 11:40:10

Soooo it's Friday, it's been 4 weeks and 4 days since I last saw my AF.
Did a sneaky POAS on Tuesday afternoon with one I had hanging around and got a BFN.

My cycle is anything between 4 and 6 weeks, but usually get at least a hint of it being on the way by now, a sore booby, a crampy twinge, or a smear of disappointment. But I still have nothing at all.

Just sneaked to the shop on the way back from doing work banking and bought some cheapy dip sticks.

Should I run home like the wind, frantically tearing off the wrapper, when I finish in 20 minutes and do a repeat test while I have the house to myself. Or should I leave it until after the weekend and try and do a morning one with a 4 year old banging on the bathroom door?

skylark101 Fri 20-Sep-13 11:40:24

Hi there, can i join you? Im on the first 2ww since a mc at 12 weeks in July. We have a DD who just turned two. Im trying to stay positive but am worried as im 41 in a few months. i know how lucky i am to have my dd but want a bro or sister for her! Wd love some camaraderie!

This thread is not accepting new messages.