If TTC # 2 has turned you into a nut job this thread is for you! (Part 3)

(1000 Posts)
fedupofrainydays Tue 20-Aug-13 06:57:43

Still here, still ttc, still POAS, still symptom spotting, still counting days, still temping, still shagging and still absolutely nutty!!!

KeepTheCarRunning Fri 13-Sep-13 18:41:37

Oooh miss that sounds promising grin hoping for a positive update tomorrow!

getagoldtoof Fri 13-Sep-13 18:44:12

Hello all. Fingers crossed for you hoo hah, I reckon that all sounds positive.

I'm about 2 dpo keep the car, driving myself absolutely bonkers already, I'm so there with you. Having some very strange twinges so habe convinced myself I'm pregnant! Ha, I do it every month, even when I'm not ttc!

Liquid, so sorry to hear about af - hoping this cycle is it for you.

2be, holidays always help hold off the poas obsession!

Good to hear you're well muzzy and abi. Nice to still have you around.

Piglet I'm going to look up ovufriend tonight.

I am so stressed at work I don't think I'll ever get pregnant. I'm considering packing in my job. I hate it... do any of you think the stress and pregnancy thing is true?

onelittlepiglet Fri 13-Sep-13 20:00:05

Hello all

Ooo miss how have you not poas yet?! Fx for you.

I'm about 12 dpo according to ff or 9 dpo according to ovufriend. Confusing much?! Well whatever I am it was a bfn today for me so not holding out much how for this month. AF due either Sunday or Wednesday I think so will try and wait until Sunday to test again if I bother.

Had a lovely anniversary yesterday and went for a meal out and drinks. It was so nice to be with Dh and relax a bit. Going to start swimming next week and try and get into some regular exercise as I've been rubbish lately. Hope this will help me feel a bit better.

AbiBub Sat 14-Sep-13 00:20:13

Hey lovely's :0)

Sorry for all who had their af arrive since my last post. Hoping new cycle will bring a new opportunity to get ip duffed!

Miss, keeping fx for you for bfp along with some other ladies testing a little later than you too! Will keep lurking to see how you're getting on!

One glad you had a chance to relax on your anniversary :0)

Thanks geta, im still lurking to see how all you lovely ladies are getting on :0) now normally I would say ghe stress thing wouldn't I think stop someone from getting pg but with dc1 we started trying in jan 2008. My job was vety stressful at the time, I handed in my resignation to finish working there at end of June 2008, mid July 2008 I fell pg with dc1 so it could have been a coincidence but I like to think that finishing that job helped create our ds!! :0)

Fedup. Biggest hugz to you for today ( although I think its past midnight so for yesterday technically) its boundyo weigh on your mind. You are s strong lady, but dont be too hard on yourself we are only human after all! I hope you could set aside some of your day to relax and enjoy dh birthday too.

Hey to all other ladies sorry I cant reply to all, my phone only lets me non multi-task (must be male!!!) Big hi and fx for all of you!

x

getagoldtoof Sat 14-Sep-13 10:29:04

Fedup I hope you were well looked after on what would have been your due date X

muzzy1 Sat 14-Sep-13 10:55:14

Hope the day went ok fedup...hopefully it might actually take some of the pressure off you now that the date has passed. I believe stress is a big factor too in ttc.
Any update miss??

misshoohaa Sat 14-Sep-13 13:49:45

Hi all, got back from the shop with test. POAS big fat negative, then wiped and AF blood on the paper so guess my symptoms were either in my mind or AF symptoms. hmm

Hope someone else gets some good news soon.

getagoldtoof Sat 14-Sep-13 16:18:07

Oh miss sad that's not what I wanted to see - I'm sure you didn't either. Sorry darling.

I do hope we get some bfps on this thread soon.

2beornot Sat 14-Sep-13 18:17:13

Big hugs miss AF is hard enough when you are expecting it, but it's a bitter blow when you're not x

Liquidambar Sat 14-Sep-13 20:14:51

sorry about af miss. hugs. I hope af doesn't stay long so you can start a new cycle quickly.

fedupofrainydays Sat 14-Sep-13 21:07:40

Thank you so much ladies.
It was an ok day, got quite drunk with DH for his birthday and although af arrived today (meaning a scary 20 day cycle this month) I'm oddly less distressed / more peaceful about it than previous months. I think it's the pressure of such a big milestone has passed. I feel sad about the passing of the date i should have a baby in my arms but at the same time im more accepting now and if I'm only meant to have one child, so be it.

And DH and I made up. I told him how I felt and explained the emotional turmoil I go through each month and with the EDD situation. He's been great. Also gutted about af arrival and has said he's going to get his swimmers checked too which helps.

I got a text on Tuesday announcing arrival of one of my NCT a babies. Burst out crying at that, but now I'm looking forward to meeting her and feel I've put it all behind me now the dreaded would be date has passed. I will of course never forget my miscarried baby but hoping now I can be a bit more at peace with it all.

Sorry miss af got you. I feel pregnant most months and this was the first I didn't feel anything so oddly thought perhaps this was the one despite my insanely early ovulation. But no such luck of course.

Fingers crossed for a bfp on here again soon.

Take care all of you xx

2beornot Sat 14-Sep-13 21:37:45

fedup thinking so much of you right now. Like you say, that pressure has been taken away now. I understand how you must feel - you'll never forget that baby and the life you imagined for them, but you can move on.

Much love x

AbiBub Sat 14-Sep-13 22:29:42

Sorry af got you miss big hugz. Not what you needed when you had just tested. Fx gor next cycle.

fedup im so glad you and dh have had a chance to talk about things and that he is looking to help out by getting himself checked too. Things always work better if the two of you are working together to solve issues big hugz to you, and glad you are feeling more at peace now your date has past.

How is everyone?

misshoohaa Sun 15-Sep-13 07:53:15

Fedup pleased your day was OK, sounds like your DH has been a gem!
I'm sure the milestone has been playing on your mind a lot, and of course it should! Hope you enjoy the rest of you break.

So AF hasn't actually appeared it seems it was just some very light spotting. Like some pink creamy discharge and a few red spots and then nought since. So I'm expecting AF anytime. My lala land side wondered if it could be implantation bleeding but quite late probably 10 days post ovulation, so I expect not.

Tempted to test but its a 25m test in the cupboard so doesn't seem much point! I'll try and hold out a few days as AF will probably get me today or tomorrow with gutso.

Off to a raw food class today with a friend, really looking forward to it!

fedupofrainydays Sun 15-Sep-13 09:25:25

After a night of terrible af cramps my peacefulness returned to sheer sadness that I seem unable to give ds a sibling. At least after a day of rain it's back to sunshine today. And thank you for your lovely messages.

miss I hope it is implantation that would be great!!

onelittlepiglet Sun 15-Sep-13 11:27:33

Ah fedup sending you some hugs and wine. I'm sorry you are feeling down. The anniversary must have been hard but I'm glad you sorted it all to with your Dh. Mine is the same - he just doesn't understand why ttc and getting bfns every month hurts so much. The feeling of powerlessness and just not understanding why we can't get pregnant is so hard.

my dh's friends from uni had their second baby yesterday. Pictures all over Facebook. Their first ds is 9 months younger than dd. I admit to being very jealous and upset about it which is completely unreasonable of me!

Well AF might be due today but I don't feel like she is in her way so I think I did ovulate later so Af will be due on on Wednesday instead. Did a test yesterday and it was a bfn, but I think I had an evap line which for a second made me think it was positive. Ho hum.

misshoohaa Mon 16-Sep-13 07:24:51

Oh Fedup, big hugs. It will happen for you I'm sure. Perhaps you need to do something to give you some control back, either a healthy eating detox, some relaxation techniques, some outside help from a reflexologist or homeopath if you can afford it? Not sure if that is a helpful suggestion but maybe taking charge or a good portion of distraction would help.

AF still hasn't turned up but I've had a tiny little pink spotting over the last 2 days.

Tested this morning and BFN. Grrr!!!

I'm really hoping the test is wrong or two early as I feel pretty rotten, and knackered.

Guess ill wait and rest again in a few days, maybe my B6 has extended my cycle - which would be pretty impressive!

KPidgeon Mon 16-Sep-13 16:46:28

sorry to hear that fedup a big thing to go through what would have been your due date. I'm dreading it. Really thought I would have been pregnant before it but not at this rate. Don't despair. There is no reason why you shouldn't provide a sibling for your LO and I'm sure it will happen. And when it does it will feel like it was always meant to be him/her in your arms. x

Nothing to report here, after my odd bleed- sure it was ov bleeding. Never had it before but it was bang on day 14 so I'm hoping that I go back to a 28 day cycle now.

So in the 2 ww. Boring! Can't PO any S at the moment!

getagoldtoof Mon 16-Sep-13 21:00:57

Me 2ww too. Booooring. Seen as I have convinced myself im pregnant , I have no interest really.

Interesting about b6 hoohah, do you think that it might have worked on your cycle? I read if.you spot for a few days before af, it can be a sign of low progesterone. Sounds like the b6 might be working on that.

One piggy how you feeling?

Fedup it is sad and frustrating. So many women I work with get pregnant like that. Its so upsetting X

2beornot Tue 17-Sep-13 08:32:40

Hi everyone. Nothing to report here, just sending hugs to those who need them.

Have been trying to not get too obsessive this month and it has kind of worked. DH determined the dtd schedule and we've stuck to it. And I don't feel like I'm pressuring him just for babies because he's the one taking the lead. It's actually quite refreshing and I'd recommend it.

Off on holiday on Mon so can't test til at least 12 dpo so that will help too. I've got a frer in the cupboard just waiting.

Any news piglet or miss?

fedupofrainydays Tue 17-Sep-13 09:52:28

Hi ladies. I so hate the 2 ww so feel for those of you stuck on it right now.
Thanks for your kind messages, it's been a bit of a emotional rollercoaster holiday that's for sure. Two birth annoucements makes it tougher too.
I've just finished reading the impatient women's guide to getting pregnant - great read. Am also now changing my diet and going to do all I can (as well as have lots of sex) to help us increase our chances. I'm down to one coffee, less booze and healthier food options. My diet wasn't partic bad before to be honest but I can still improve!

How's it going miss? And one??

onelittlepiglet Tue 17-Sep-13 11:50:50

Well after AF didn't turn up on Sunday and didn't feel like she was about to I did a cheapie test and got a very very feint line...looked like an evap so ignored it again. If i was due on wednesday it would only have been 11 dpo. But after feeling a bit weird yesterday and feeling unusual cramps and twinges, today I caved in and used my cb digi even though AF might have been due tomorrow....and it was a BFP! Very early days - I'm technically not 4 weeks until tomorrow (going by when I think I ovulated) but the digi test said 2-3 weeks so that's a bit weird....

Completely in shock and feel very weird and shakey about it but very, very happy! i had completely convinced myself something was wrong and going by my temps I might night be ovulating etc. I have been a very grumpy cow the last couple of months!

Me and Dh keep looking at each other and going 'what have we done!'. It's also coincided with dd waking up about 4 times the last couple of nights with nightmares so we are a bit tired!

Thank you all for you support and advice and general greatness! I would not have got through the last few months without everyone. I just really hope there are some more BFPs on the thread soon and I will be keeping everything crossed to you all. I'm not going over to the ante-natal thread just yet as I just want to let the next few days go by uneventfully and then see what happens.

Arghhhh!

2beornot Tue 17-Sep-13 13:44:30

Yey piglet!!! Have some wine, I mean cake to celebrate!!

KeepTheCarRunning Tue 17-Sep-13 14:20:21

one congrats! thanks

8dpo here, I can't beleive how slowly the days pass. POAS Sunday

muzzy1 Tue 17-Sep-13 14:20:48

Congratulations one!! That's great news...good luck for the next few weeks.

This thread is not accepting new messages.