TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 11

(1000 Posts)
Buzzybee123 Mon 19-Aug-13 22:25:50

This is a positive thread for all those diagnosed with High or Very High NK Cells and looking to start TTC or already pregnant on Prednisolone and/or Intralipid treatment.

Newcomers very much welcome!

bakingtins Tue 24-Dec-13 15:05:38

Good news MrsP fgrin

MrsPixieMoo Tue 24-Dec-13 14:39:45

Get well soon Village it's a horrible time of year to be ill.

Brown it's annoying when lines come and go. Fingers crossed for you and let's hope for brilliant news.

Thanks to all who wished luck. We saw a yolk sac and a foetus but it was too tiny to see a heartbeat. Measurements were all good and no signs of anything going wrong so am feeling cautiously optimistic.

A very Happy Christmas and a fertile, successful 2014 to all.

LunaGL Tue 24-Dec-13 13:16:35

Good luck MrsPixie hope the scan goes well. Are you six weeks?
Team hope your pain has eased. I too had a very sore right overy - thought it was a kidney infection to start with as pain moved from front to back. Cranberry juice helped me a lot - but not sure if it was more psychological.
Village are you feeling better? Hope everyone at home has recovered. My DH has a chest infection which I desperately hope not to share with him. Great timing.
Brown I found Clearblue dating tests the most reassuring as the lines drive me mad. They're on offer at Tesco (I bought some this morning). Pred insomnia has its benefits at 5:00am when you need to do Tesco shopping smile. At least the lines are positive and you just have to get through the wait for the scan. Am thinking of you all.
I wish each one of you amazing and inspiring women a fantastic Christmas and a healthy, happy and BFP 2014 fsmile xxxx

bakingtins Tue 24-Dec-13 12:31:53

Get well soon Village we've had norovirus at work - people have been dropping like flies (not me so far - gulp)

MrsP good luck for scan today.

Luna hope you are ok.

Waves to everyone!

brownstag Tue 24-Dec-13 11:25:40

I feel your pain, Village. Last year 9 of us had norovirus, going down one by one, from Christmas Day onwards. Not something you'd wish on your worst enemy. At least you should hopefully be okay by tomorrow.
Good luck this morning, MrsPixie.
Thanks, Team. Hanging in there; lines picked up again this morning.
I personally found ovulation much more painful with SO, and I definitely experienced ovulation pain after ovulation, even though I've read research saying Mittelschmerz is always a preovulatory symptom.
Happy Christmas everyone and may 2014 be our year! xx

teamdozie Tue 24-Dec-13 10:48:16

Thank you Village! God that's horrible being so ill over Xmas! Are you testing again?

Luna thinking of you! Hope your scan goes well!

Mirsp good luck today!

Brown hope you are doing ok!

Waves to everyone!

Xx

MrsPixieMoo Tue 24-Dec-13 09:23:13

Hello everyone. Am having scan this morning and very nervous.

VillageMum Mon 23-Dec-13 21:53:15

Luna don't give up yet. It is so truly awful to have had to go through this dreadful loss eight times, but there is still IVIG to try. You are such a determined person, and so clearly meant to be a mum. Sending you many hugs xxx

Brown hope you have a clearer answer soon...

Team, at a blind guess those pains could be from the corpus luteum left after ovulation (and in this case there would be three) or possibly from a benign cyst or cysts developing after ov - or they could just be a reaction to the whole stimulation process, nothing more than that. I'm not sure if this is par for the course after SO; I had incredible twinges before ovulation (and the scan showed that I did have a third follicle which was overstimulated and formed a cyst) but not after. Mr S told me that the cyst would probably resolve itself naturally, and in fact I've had the odd cyst in the past which has disappeared of its own accord. If the pains are not too extreme I would not worry - but do give Louise a call if you're in any doubt!

Well, I tested on Sunday and got a BFN. But our entire household came down with a vomiting bug over the weekend and it was almost a relief to discover that I wasn't pregnant: while I was crouched over the loo in the early hours I'd been stressing about the possible effects of the virus on a pregnancy... Have been retching round the clock till there is only bile left. Guess we just need to try again next month! Am feeling rather low at the moment - but it's often darkest before the dawn.

Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas xx

teamdozie Mon 23-Dec-13 13:00:15

Oh no brown! Stay positive!
X

brownstag Mon 23-Dec-13 11:32:43

Think I'm joining you, Luna, as all test lines are suddenly fading. Better now than later if it has to be I suppose.

teamdozie Mon 23-Dec-13 11:31:40

Morning everyone!
Luna how are you?

Village I have a quick question for you! I'm 4 days PO and I'm having the occasional really sharp pain by my ovaries! Is that normal after SO? I've always had cramps but this is quite bad!

Ps any news?

Xx

freelancegirl Mon 23-Dec-13 07:51:44

Luna, so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you. Free xx

LunaGL Sun 22-Dec-13 18:56:28

Thanks All I really appreciate your kind messages. Am doing OK surprisingly but I think the codine is helping. This mc really is the most painful one I've ever had but its the first on all the meds and Clexane so that might be the reason.
Sue I'm so sorry that you too have experienced so many losses. Am wondering at what point to draw a line and just stop? I was born to be someone's mummy and have so much love to give that I think DH and I need to consider adoption more seriously. I know it's too early to make sure huge decisions but naturally its the only thing I can think about.
Waves and hugs to you all xx

BellyD Sun 22-Dec-13 11:26:56

Luna so very sorry to hear your news. Just awful at anytime but especially so close to Christmas. My heart goes out to you. X

suemays Sun 22-Dec-13 00:57:26

luna sorry about losing another one. I agree 8 is too many to lose - I have lost 9 now so I know how you feel. I hope the next few days go fast for you as the whole roller coaster of emotions gets very tiring.

teamdozie Sat 21-Dec-13 19:27:34

Luna I'm so sorry to hear about your news! It's absolutely crap! Don't know what to say really! Hope the weekend goes by quickly for you! Sending lots of thoughts and hugs your way!!
Xxx

VillageMum Sat 21-Dec-13 17:30:28

Luna I'm so very, very sorry. I hope you can rest over the next few days. Thinking of you and your DH xx

MrsPixieMoo Sat 21-Dec-13 11:29:19

Am feeling very low today, but wanted to pop in and say hello, then saw Luna's sad news. I am so sorry that this has happened.

It is so frustrating when there is nobody there who can scan out of hours. Eight miscarriages is truly awful. I am really so sorry to read you have lost another little one.

brownstag Sat 21-Dec-13 09:37:29

So so sorry to hear that, Luna. What a horrible, frightening and devastating experience. xxx

bakingtins Sat 21-Dec-13 09:26:14

So sorry to hear that luna and am shock that they didn't arrange a scan for you last night or today. It's so unfair.

LunaGL Sat 21-Dec-13 09:13:13

Morning all. A very stressful night and morning which resulted in a trip to A&E and admittance to the gynie ward. Hard terrible stomach pains around 1:00am and literally felt was being ripped apart. Had fresh bleed so obviously knew the worst had come. Morphin truly is wonderful and I could have kissed the amazing doctor that was treating me. On the gynie ward they couldn't confirm a mc either way. Only had dark blood and they couldn't explain the terrible pain. Am home now and have codeine and still waiting for Tuesday's scan but know that it's to confirm the end of the pregnancy. This really has been such a stressful time and 8 mcs really is more than anyone should have to suffer though. Am off to bed as have now been up for 28 hours. Night and hugs to you all xx

brownstag Sat 21-Dec-13 06:44:55

Meant to say, Village, that's a very fair point about the fallopian tubes. But I suppose the egg is fairly wedged in in that circumstance, as it's usually some type of abnormality that is the cause, which gives it a better and longer chance to stick, whereas normally the egg is just free floating around the uterus.

teamdozie Fri 20-Dec-13 20:08:45

Sorry you can't be that far off!

teamdozie Fri 20-Dec-13 20:08:16

Thanks Village due to test before new year! You any be that far off now?

Luna that sounds very positive! It's all going the right way!

Waves to everyone!

Xx

VillageMum Fri 20-Dec-13 16:36:01

Brown that's brilliant!! Yay! Start necking that pred!

Luna that's an encouraging Clearblue result! I've sent you a PM x

Team Mr S would have calculated your ovulation day from the time of the Ovitrelle trigger shot so am sure it would have been fine. Good luck in the 2WW, may it end in a BFP (and those sextuplets! smile)

Hi Ari, I'm feeling strangely well on the pred all round, don't have insomnia but the opposite - fabulous drowsiness. Bizarre. Hope things are ok with you and your DD.

MrsPixie hope you're doing well too.

Waves to everyone.

This thread is not accepting new messages.