TTC or pregnancy on prednisolone or similar part 11

(1000 Posts)
Buzzybee123 Mon 19-Aug-13 22:25:50

This is a positive thread for all those diagnosed with High or Very High NK Cells and looking to start TTC or already pregnant on Prednisolone and/or Intralipid treatment.

Newcomers very much welcome!

Arianrhod Thu 10-Oct-13 14:53:36

When I was tracking ov for natural TTC I've always used both the Clearblue Fertility Monitor as well as, because I'm possibly obsessive, the Clearblue digi ovulation sticks after 3pm, simply because on one occasion my surge was picked up by the OPK when I used it at 6pm but it had gone by first thing the next morning so the CBFM didn't register a Peak. I'm a belt-and-braces kinda gal ;)

suemays Thu 10-Oct-13 15:09:11

The Clear Blue fertility monitor never worked for me - didnt pick up the peak days only the high days even though I got pregnant 9 times during attempting to use it!! I think my LH surge is very short which is why it never seemed to work for me!

teamdozie Sun 13-Oct-13 18:32:55

Sue i hope all goes well tomorrow.. stay positive

xx

brownstag Sun 13-Oct-13 21:01:57

Good luck tomorrow Sue xx

Buzzybee123 Sun 13-Oct-13 21:16:03

Sue I will be thinking of you tomorrow

Bakingtins Sun 13-Oct-13 22:13:57

Sue thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it is good news.

Arianrhod Mon 14-Oct-13 08:56:11

sue Lots of luck today, crossing everything for some good news.

VillageMum Mon 14-Oct-13 11:43:28

Thinking of you today Sue.

suemays Mon 14-Oct-13 11:48:36

Thanks ladies - I have the scan at 3.30 so all day to wait and mental!

brownstag Mon 14-Oct-13 13:44:16

And the later the appointment, the later they seem to be running, in my experience!

LunaGL Mon 14-Oct-13 13:47:54

Sue lots of luck thinking of you

teamdozie Mon 14-Oct-13 14:07:07

Hi all just a quick update! Looks like I may have to go for an emergency scan as I have a bit of spotting and some cramping.
All the wind has been blown out if my sails! I don't know what's happening! I hate this lack of control

Xxx

brownstag Mon 14-Oct-13 15:26:50

Oh Team, praying it's all okay. Is the scan today? xx

LunaGL Mon 14-Oct-13 15:37:22

Fingers crossed all is ok Team. Stay positive xx

Buzzybee123 Mon 14-Oct-13 15:49:27

team Sorry to hear about the cramping and spotting, I hope a scan reassures you, I had the same early onl

teamdozie Mon 14-Oct-13 16:23:04

Spoke to Louise today and she told me not to have a scan as it probably won't show much and that will stress me out. She said it might be the cyclogest pessaries catching on my cervix. But she has also told me to up the dosage. Soy scan is still planned for the 31st. Before that seemed ok but now it feels ages away!

I have had spotting before so I'm just keeping everything crossed that it will stop soon! I keep telling myself that the cramps are normal too! It's baby just making room!

DH made me do another PT on Saturday and the digital one said 3+ a week earlier it only said 1-2 so I'm taking that as a good sign too!

Thank you ladies I really appreciate your support

Xxx

suemays Mon 14-Oct-13 16:28:20

Bad news. No heartbeat and embryo still measuring at 6 weeks. Will start miscarrying soon. Can't believe it has happened again. Think it might be time for me to give up as I can't keep going through this.

Buzzybee123 Mon 14-Oct-13 16:32:16

sue I am so sorry, big hugs

team Fingers crossed for you

VillageMum Mon 14-Oct-13 17:41:51

Oh Sue, I'm so very sorry, sending you hugs and courage xxx

Team really hope the spotting settles down, hang in there till the 31st! Everything crossed for you xxx

ChoccyPud Mon 14-Oct-13 18:44:35

Oh Sue I'm so sorry. Don't make any decisions right now take time to work through this first. Big hugs x

brownstag Mon 14-Oct-13 18:57:14

So very sorry, Sue. Maybe your previous scan was like mine, where you happened to have the scan on the day the baby was dying, with an on-off heartbeat. It doesn't help that we all use Cyclogest, that suppresses the bleeding that might show us something is going wrong.
I can totally understand that you don't want to try again at the moment. That's what I said last time but here I am again. I'm really putting my faith in the new treatment that was on the news last week, where they can restore ovulation when it has stopped. People on here have said that will help the next generation of women, but it could help us too conceivably. If it takes a few years to develop the treatment, it doesn't matter if our natural fertility has waned if it can then be restored. This is the news I've been waiting to hear for years. It would mean there isn't that desperation to ttc, and you could even have a break, to recover emotionally, physically and financially. Am I being a tad optimistic? Probably, but it gets me through the day.

suemays Mon 14-Oct-13 18:57:35

Can anyone advise me on how to stop taking 40mg of steroids? I can't remember how quickly you taper them off.

teamdozie Mon 14-Oct-13 19:04:00

Sue I am so sorry! Don't give up on your dream!!
Don't make any rash decisions just yet!!

Buzzy and Village thank you! I am upping my cyclogest to 800 tonight so here's hoping!

How is everyone else?

Thinking of you Sue

Xxx

Bakingtins Mon 14-Oct-13 19:30:15

Sue I am so very sorry, had everything crossed for better news for you sad My instructions for the pred say to halve the dose each week until I am on 5mg a day for a week then stop, but I am only on 20mg to start with.

team I'm sorry you've had a wobble. Hope it all settles down soon. I think we're very much at the same stage, I have my 8 week scan on 24th and terrified of getting bad news. It's horrible to be doing everything you can and still feel powerless.

brownstag Mon 14-Oct-13 19:36:59

I thought it was reducing by 5mg a day for 3 days at a time, but it's a while since I've had to do it. It says on the website, doesn't it?

This thread is not accepting new messages.