Ttc after an early miscarriage, any advice appreciated

(559 Posts)
MrsAnderson22 Wed 07-Aug-13 17:00:25

hi everyone, my husband and I were delighted we'd conceived baby #3 3 months after having my mirena removed. Unfortunately I miscarried at around 6 weeks, my bleeding started on 6th July and ended on 15th July, my hcg levels never got above 143 so they left my system pretty quick, by the 18th I was having bfn at the drs. I wondered when should I expect my AF? before the mc I was always 28 days bang on! I have had no symptoms for AF, although I have had really bad heartburn for 4 days, this was my first symptom last time too, so could I be pregnant? I'm useless at working out dates and cycles and ovulation etc..... we bd'd on 15th July and have been pretty consistently b'ding every other night since then with the exception of a couple of days. when should a test show bfp given all these dates? thanks for taking the time to read, hope someone has some advice for me x

willcarolyn1 Sun 23-Mar-14 20:49:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MrsAnderson22 Sun 09-Mar-14 09:25:03

well it turns out I had a chemical pregnancy...2 +hpt but my period has arrived on time sad so sick of this, this is my 3rd one since July '13...we have decided to stop trying for a couple of years now, i'll get uni out the way and secure a job before trying again, this is too stressful. its been lovely talking to you guys and I hope you are luckier than me in the very near future! hugs...xx

MrsAnderson22 Sat 08-Mar-14 09:36:13

thanks smile smile

fingers crossed for you for next time!! thanks thanks

xx

Tutti Fri 07-Mar-14 10:07:16

congratulations!!!!!!smile smile

I am out this month af started yesterday...so start of cycle 3 for me ...

MrsAnderson22 Thu 06-Mar-14 21:29:18

not sure if anyone comes on here anymore but thought I'd let you all know I got my +hpt today grin grin grin grin grin really hoping this is a sticky one!! feeling VERY sick and exhausted!! Also had to sit down today after feeling really dizzy...hoping these are good signs of a viable pregnancy because I had none of these symptoms with my last 2 m/c's

hope you're all ok xx

MrsAnderson22 Fri 28-Feb-14 21:07:32

I'm in the 2ww...currently 7dpo, how's everyone doing? It's been very quiet lately xx

MrsAnderson22 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:59:15

AF got me this morning, right on time too!!

MissHobart Wed 29-Jan-14 20:43:50

No! AF arrived right on time, which is good as it's an end to the WTF cycle! Continuing with tests with the GP this week and a night away on Friday with OH is just what the doctor ordered! grin

CorporeSarnie Wed 29-Jan-14 10:42:19

So no joy this morning. Thought I saw an evap extra line on an IC, then put my nail in and dented it so couldn't tell, so decided to waste £5 use an FRER. And then AF (I think) - after 5d of spotting I've no idea what is going on.
But the Doc managed to take all her swabs this morning in spite of bleed, internal was normal and my urine sample was OK, and am being sent off for ultrasound and bloods during the 1st week post-AF, so moving on and trying to be positive about getting some diagnosis of what is wrong and appropriate intervention.
MissHobart have you had more luck?

MissHobart Fri 24-Jan-14 17:55:31

I think I helped kill it too! hmm

Good Luck for testing, I did two today, way too early and had about five hours of self pity, trying to get over it before OH gets home! blush

CorporeSarnie Fri 24-Jan-14 16:57:14

Soooo.... fred killer here again smile
My Doc's appt was very helpful - GP has referred me for US in case of PCOS, and has booked me in for another appt for internal + swabs to rule out infections etc.
Am bleeding (again), a small clot this morning and then pink watery spotting for the early part of the day, with weird bubbly sensation in my lower abdomen; again this could be IB, but as I am just 7dpo, it could be crazy cycles and wind. Tested -ve this morning on fmu, so will have to wait and see. According to FF I should not test until Weds (by which time if my 24d ish cycles are continuing I will be 1d late).
Of course Weds is also the day when I am next seeing the GP. So I guess it will be eventful day regardless.

CorporeSarnie Mon 20-Jan-14 10:41:01

Hi MrsA, hope you're OK too. Any news from you?
I am booked in for a GP appt on Friday, on the advice of a friend am going to be a bit vague as to how long we've actually been trying, as the short LP is something I had noticed for several cycles; the weird start/stop bleeding is more worrisome.
I've had very strong ov pains, strong +OPK and a very clear temp rise, now 3dpo, been dtd every other day for the last couple of weeks, although managed not to on the precise day of ov (he who shall not be named was 'tired', hmm). Did get some odd pink cm this morning, no idea what that is about...
So, back to the 2ww. But feeling positive that at least I'm seeing someone to talk about the irregular bleeding.
Hope the rest of you are doing OK and finding yourselves able to enjoy the plenty-of-sechs bit of ttc.

MrsAnderson22 Sun 19-Jan-14 23:40:49

hi, hows everyone doing? xx

MissHobart Fri 10-Jan-14 23:02:41

Don't have great advice I'm afraid, all I can say is to keep waiting confused Test again on Monday? Fx for you it's a bfp! grin

MrsAnderson22 Fri 10-Jan-14 22:43:28

I need some advice ladies :/
because I had convinced myself I was pregnant, I've never really understood my 'period' coming! I got implantation bleeding last Friday, I KNOW it was IB because I've had it with every other pg. I don't spot before AF Ever! anyway I had nausea, tender breasts and heartburn so I was pretty much convinced, then I started bleeding on the saturday, it lasted 2 and a half days. my af is normally extremely heavy and I have to wear 2 pads at the same time and change every 2 hours...this time I didn't even fill 1 pad in a day! so I took a hpt today, I saw a very very faint line! I'm now thinking a) was that my period and it's just an evap line or my eyes seeing something that's not there. b) could my 2.5 day bleed have been heavy IB, I've googled this and it does happen...and c) could I have been pg and lost it again, and the hpt is detecting left over hcg levels???? ahhh! all my symptoms have gone apart from the heartburn and as I mentioned earlier I am having cramps, it's seems strange to me to have cramps after my af and so far away from ovulating! I'm so confused it's all I can think about! its only because of the IB that I can't get it out of my head! is it possible to get a +hpt 6 days after your af was due and it be sooooo faint?

xx

MissHobart Fri 10-Jan-14 16:50:03

Thanks! I agree that of you have any worries just go and tell the GP, at least there'll be a record of it then!

MrsAnderson22 Fri 10-Jan-14 14:22:46

corpore- I think if you have any doubts or worries, the best thing to do is see a Dr, even if it's just to stop you worrying. Let us know what you decide.

I'm having cramps today, strange, I have 10 (ish) days until I next ovulate and finished my period on Monday...

xx

CorporeSarnie Fri 10-Jan-14 13:34:29

Good news to both of you on the test results smile and fingers crossed for hobart to get similarly good news soon.
I am wondering if, considering the weird bleeding this month, I should visit the GP? The obvious downside to this is that I have only been TTC for one real cycle since the MC, so they could well tell me to naff off. Am just thinking that if my LP is really short and is going to prove a problem, it might be best dealt with sooner rather than in 6 months.
Do you think they'll tell me to go away and come back later? Following Dr Googling, I'm a little bit worried that bleeding part-way through my cycle could also potentially indicate something more serious than LP problems.

SwedeAway Wed 08-Jan-14 14:50:37

MrsA, that's great news!

Miss Hobart, good to hear that you are getting tests done, maybe it will give you the answers that you need.

I went to see my gyno today. He did a scan just to confirm all was gone, which it was. The good news is that he checked my ovaries and my left one is in the process of producing eggs. So I will prepare to dtd asap. I am on day 8 of my cycle so he said I should wait until day 12, 14, 16 and 18 to have the best chance.

So I feel much more positive today. Very glad I went.

MrsAnderson22 Wed 08-Jan-14 13:05:46

been to the hospital this morning, cyst has gone, sorted itself out so I'm happy with that smile xx

MissHobart Wed 08-Jan-14 12:44:42

Am worried that I'll get updeuffed before any tests/results come in and end up with another mc sad

MissHobart Wed 08-Jan-14 12:43:48

Hello - been to the doctor this morning, have an appointment to give bloods to be checked for pretty much everything to do with fertility/rmc, got fx for vitamin deficiency or thick blood or summat! hmm Been told to get OH to call and sort out jizzing in a pot to check him out too! grin

Thinking about taking aspirin anyway but have history of stomach ulcers so not supposed to take aspirin/ibuprofen. Should I just wait for tests and get heparin injections?!

MrsAnderson22 Tue 07-Jan-14 18:38:24

LEONS!! - never noticed you were back! let me know how you're doing! ttc this month huh? we might be in the 2ww together! my AF ended today so we'll be ttc soon too! good luck! Xx

MrsAnderson22 Tue 07-Jan-14 18:36:05

corpore- sorry you got caught too sad I had all but convinced myself I was pregnant! I had all the symptoms, apparently my ovarian cyst can cause heartburn, sore breasts amd nausea! sneaky!!! good luck for next month, my AF has finished now, lasting 3 days, so we'll be ttc soon too! fingers crossed for us!! xx

MrsAnderson22 Tue 07-Jan-14 18:33:30

welcome MissH, look forwars to hearing more about you. xx

swede- I have a scan tomorrow as well, to check what's going on with my ovarian cyst!! fingers crossed it hasn't grown :/ slightly nervous! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now