Ttc after an early miscarriage, any advice appreciated

(559 Posts)
MrsAnderson22 Wed 07-Aug-13 17:00:25

hi everyone, my husband and I were delighted we'd conceived baby #3 3 months after having my mirena removed. Unfortunately I miscarried at around 6 weeks, my bleeding started on 6th July and ended on 15th July, my hcg levels never got above 143 so they left my system pretty quick, by the 18th I was having bfn at the drs. I wondered when should I expect my AF? before the mc I was always 28 days bang on! I have had no symptoms for AF, although I have had really bad heartburn for 4 days, this was my first symptom last time too, so could I be pregnant? I'm useless at working out dates and cycles and ovulation etc..... we bd'd on 15th July and have been pretty consistently b'ding every other night since then with the exception of a couple of days. when should a test show bfp given all these dates? thanks for taking the time to read, hope someone has some advice for me x

CallingAllEngels Thu 28-Nov-13 17:48:45

What a bad run of it you've had MrsA

I had a hospital appointment today and HCG has taken a huge drop to 90...but still have to wait till it hits 0 b efore ttc again. Next blood test in 2 weeks.

My skin is really oily and spotty which usually means AF is on the way.

Looks like we won't be ttc till after Christmas. On the bright side I will be able to guzzle Baileys on Christmas day wink

MrsAnderson22 Thu 28-Nov-13 18:30:36

just realised I wrote my daughter ended up in 2 different hospitals at the same time!! that's not right haha me and my daughter ended up in 2 different hospitals at the same time!

enjoy your festive drinks smile xx

HollyBen Fri 29-Nov-13 18:45:29

Oh MrsA you really have been through the mill haven't you! I hope that's all your bad luck out of the way so you get aBFP and trouble free pg soon.

So after 72 days of waiting since my ERPC I think AF has finally arrived. I have never been so relieved to see her. Happy Friday all!

MrsAnderson22 Sat 07-Dec-13 11:00:01

finally! AF arrived 2 days ago, very light amd pretty non existent the 1st day, no its very very heavy sad never mind, at least it's hear and we can go through the whole process again :/ 3rd time lucky we hope!! How's everyone getting on? there must be a few 2ww's? good luck and fingers crossed!! xx

MrsAnderson22 Fri 13-Dec-13 21:34:09

wow I must have been tired when I wrote that!! *and, *now, *here...oopsie!! smile where are you all???! xx

MrsAnderson22 Tue 24-Dec-13 20:36:50

Merry Christmas ladies smile xx

MrsAnderson22 Sun 29-Dec-13 03:10:45

everyone is being so quiet sad where are you all? hoping everyone is ok!! I am officially in the 2ww! xx

SwedeAway Sun 29-Dec-13 05:20:24

Hi, can I join this thread? Had an early mc yesterday (6 weeks) and totally devastated. Obviously very early days but want to start ttc straight away. Not sure if this possible but any advice or previous experience (and a shoulder to cry on) would really help.

CorporeSarnie Sun 29-Dec-13 08:01:49

Hello, I think I'm ready to join... I lost my last pregnancy at about 7 weeks in july, have finally found it in me to start ttc over Xmas. Am 6dpo according to opk and temps, but don't feel pg at all. Will check in soon as the situation changes. Fingers crossed for some good luck for us all.

CorporeSarnie Sun 29-Dec-13 20:20:15

Sorry Swede, I didn't respond to your post. Please be kind to yourself, being pregnant, even briefly, & mc, takes a lot out of you, both emotionally and physiologically. If you feel ready to try, go for it, but let yourself grieve if you need to too. thanks

MrsAnderson22 Mon 30-Dec-13 01:10:03

hi corpore and swede!! I'm not sure where all my other ladies have gone but I'm sure they'll be back smile don't know how much you have read but I had a mc in jul 2012, at 5 weeks, then another in oct 2012, at 5 weeks! I am ttc again, and currently 9dpo, I haven't poas to detect ovulation this month as I got a bit obsessed with them previously :/ I can feel when I ovulate though, so I'm assuming I'm 9dpo. keep me posted on how you're doing, and I'll be here smile as a shoulder to cry on, to read you vents and frustrations and hopefully read your bfp too!!! I am on my phone so therefore can't read posts and reply at the same time so forgive me if this has already been answered- have you both had AF since your mc's? xx

MrsAnderson22 Mon 30-Dec-13 01:13:07

forget my last question!!

corpore- keep me updated! we might be testing around the same time!

swede- I ttc straight after both of my mc's and although I was told to hace a cycle in between, it was only for dating purposes! if you feel ready, then go for it! it just worked out that I did have a cycle before falling again both times, but it certainly wasn't planned like that! good luck hun! xx

SwedeAway Mon 30-Dec-13 06:04:19

Hi mrsA and Corpore. Yes I think I want to start ttc asap but just waiting for the bleeding (TMI) to stop. It's day three now and still flowingsad Have doctors appointment today which I booked when I saw the brown spotting but not sure if there is any point in going now. They were going to do a scan but obviously no longer necessary.

CorporeSarnie Mon 30-Dec-13 22:53:01

Hi swede, hope you had a better day today, I am probably projecting a bit. Hope your appt was ok. Iirc, I bled for quite a while, maybe 10 days, & my af returned almost a month to the day after the mc, in mid-Aug. Since then have had a v short luteal phase (typically 8dpo, 23ish days between af), no idea if the mc is connected to this. Also no idea really if the short lp will impact on ttc. Charting and opks make me sure am oving tho.

CorporeSarnie Mon 30-Dec-13 22:54:23

And MrsA, am going to wait a few days but will test soon, fingers crossed for bfps all round.

MrsAnderson22 Tue 31-Dec-13 23:34:12

symptoms so far- heartburn and sore, tender breasts. pretty convinced I'm pregnant, I've become quite a pro at symptom spotting! won't be testing until Monday, hope I'm not proved wrong sad

Happy new year ladies, i'm in my bed, with heartburnenvy so not doing anything to celebrate. I have a funeral on friday and have volunteered myself as driver as my excuse not to drink!!

xx

SwedeAway Thu 02-Jan-14 05:24:27

How are you feeling MrsA? Any more symptoms?
Corpore- have you tested yet?
Think the worst is over here, pretty sure I lost the sack yesterdaysad not nice but a relief in a strange way. DH and I have talked a lot and both want to move forward and start ttc as soon as its possible so I feel more positive in that respect.

MrsAnderson22 Thu 02-Jan-14 14:18:47

hi Swede- I feel exhausted, breasts still tender and awful heartburn!! I tested this morning but it was bfn, possibly too early as I don't get bfp's on any tests until after AF is due :/ I'll be testing again around Monday. glad to hear you are ttc again! we went straight in for it again, as long as you're ready then go for it :D I wish you all the luck in the world! for me, I'm hoping if I am pregnant, that it's 3rd time lucky for me :/

I have a cyst on my right ovary which has to be internally scanned on 8th Jan, will they still be able to do that safely if I am pregnant? it was only found a couple of weeks ago when I was in agony while ovulating from that side!

xx

MrsAnderson22 Thu 02-Jan-14 19:21:31

p.s, it could be a bug BUT I am feeling very nauseous! I was on the phone to my friend earlier and my mouth filled up with water and I was gagging, qyickly threw the phone to DH to talk to her while I ran to the loo...and nothing! still feeling nauseous now! have never had this before, or morning sickness in any of my pregnancies which have gone like this: pg (12 year old DD), mc (6 weeks), pg (9 year old DS), mc (5 weeks), mc (5 weeks)...do you think it's a good sign of a sticky bean??

xx

Leons Thu 02-Jan-14 19:28:43

Hello Mrs A, I havent posted here for so long (not even serial lurking like previously) as I havent been ttc, decided to wait until Jan...and now its here. Feeling a bit anxious about it already but have to hope for the best. My pg history is similar to yours, ds 6 yrs, mc at 6 weeks, dd 3 years, and this year 2 mc at 6 weeks. So excited for you, and fingers crossed you get that bfp I will be lurking on Monday so do keep us posted.

CorporeSarnie Thu 02-Jan-14 22:51:36

Hi all, have been having a light bleed since late on nye, light and early for af. I did have an implantation bleed with DD, but don't know what this spotting is. Haven't tested first thing in the morning yet, but have had negatives from cheap tests taken at random times. Stretching sensation, which could also be wind, and very emotional, Katie Morag on cbeebies made me cry today, so will try to test in the morning. Am trying not to get my hopes up too much. Gah! Had forgotten the 2ww, and the mc has made me much more negative about it all.

SwedeAway Fri 03-Jan-14 06:19:42

MrsA, your symptoms sounds positive to me! Keeping fx for a bfp for you. Sorry to hear about your cyst, must be very painful. I am pretty sure they should be able to do a scan even if you are pg but I would def tell them before, just in case.

Corpore, keeping fx for you as well.

Still bleeding here, when will it stop? Just want to get on with things but feel rather stuck!

MrsAnderson22 Fri 03-Jan-14 20:45:25

I think I had implantation bleed today! wondering when to test :/ my tests are 20mlu ones. any ideas? xx

SwedeAway Sat 04-Jan-14 06:30:28

MrsA, great news. Where are you in your cycle? When I tested last time it was 9 dpo and got bfn then tested again at 13 dpo and got bfp.

MrsAnderson22 Sat 04-Jan-14 12:59:05

hi, i'm 14dpo AF due on monday, i'm confused, thought I'd have a bfp by now if I was pg! BUT at the same time I NEVER get bfp's until my period is late...I went to the toilet this morning and had very very light, very very watery blood only when I wiped...either start of AF which isn't a normal start for me either, or something wrong?, or normal in pg? I'm panicking now!! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now