Ttc after an early miscarriage, any advice appreciated

(559 Posts)
MrsAnderson22 Wed 07-Aug-13 17:00:25

hi everyone, my husband and I were delighted we'd conceived baby #3 3 months after having my mirena removed. Unfortunately I miscarried at around 6 weeks, my bleeding started on 6th July and ended on 15th July, my hcg levels never got above 143 so they left my system pretty quick, by the 18th I was having bfn at the drs. I wondered when should I expect my AF? before the mc I was always 28 days bang on! I have had no symptoms for AF, although I have had really bad heartburn for 4 days, this was my first symptom last time too, so could I be pregnant? I'm useless at working out dates and cycles and ovulation etc..... we bd'd on 15th July and have been pretty consistently b'ding every other night since then with the exception of a couple of days. when should a test show bfp given all these dates? thanks for taking the time to read, hope someone has some advice for me x

MrsAnderson22 Fri 04-Oct-13 22:17:19

+opk tonight! dtd this morning and wont have time tomorrow as we've a 6 hr round trip to Scotland to visit my family and bringing my 5 year old nephew home with us for a holiday smile then he goes home next saturday and my other 2 year old nephew and 3 year old niece come down for a week!! phew! so dtd this morning and will again probably sunday night, hope that'll work! I feel a bit panicky that I can't dtd tomorrow though! xx

greeneone12 Sat 05-Oct-13 21:28:47

Leons glad you had the appt. Thank goodness they are investigating now and offering scans etc. I think you are amazing being so positive about the future. Focussing on getting your body in tip top condition will be a good thing to concentrate on.

MrsA no panic! You need to be nice and relaxed ;-)

cheesysmile Sun 06-Oct-13 09:14:50

Leons I'm sorry you are having problems, get yourself healthy and 2014 will be your year!

Mrs A every other day is fine so don't worry about today. You could always try for an early Sunday morning rather than evening if you think you're ovulating that day.

MrsAnderson22 Mon 07-Oct-13 09:33:38

Leons, I'm sorry I didn't realise you had commented. I'm pleased you went to the Dr's, you sound like you know yourself the best way forward. good luck with it all!

I am officially in the 2wwhmm I'm 2dpo, here goes again! how is everyone? Xx

cheesysmile Mon 07-Oct-13 21:01:21

Ooo keep us up to date on progress then MrsA, hope its your month! smile

greeneone12 Mon 07-Oct-13 21:21:35

I have everything crossed for you MrsA. Am I allowed to loiter for a while?

MrsAnderson22 Mon 07-Oct-13 21:27:23

please do loiter greenone! I was thinking the other day how I really want to be pregnant but at the same time don't want to leave you group of lovelies ha! it'll be bittersweet! xx

cheesysmile Tue 08-Oct-13 07:54:51

I'm still planning to loiter too ... got to see you get that BFP MrsA!

Got my 3+ on the CB digi this morning so happy with that - makes me feel that my hormones are at the right levels, hope so anyway. 12 wks feels like a lifetime away at the moment.

MrsRV Tue 08-Oct-13 19:36:47

I don't have to leave do I!?! Nooooooo.... Don't make me. I'm not ready to make the jump grin

MrsAnderson22 Wed 09-Oct-13 17:10:56

haha MrsRV I'm dreading it lol! anyway, still waiting, now 5dpo, cramping today, had to sit down earlier it was so sore. apart from that, nothing else to report....apart from diarrhoea, can that be a symptom? lol, pretty sure it was the last time. ugh the wait........

xx

rb30 Thu 10-Oct-13 00:40:17

Hi all. Sorry I've been a stranger. Was away for work and then 2 weeks holiday and then another manic few days back at work.

I only skim read but cheesy and greenone congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you. MrsA are you fully recovered now from BP? I hope so.

No news my end. Was meant to have polyp removed today but consultant cancelled on me. Ironic really...I went private thinking I could avoid NHS complacency, but the doc cancelled on me because she had an NHS emergency! I was really angry and upset because it's set me back at least a couple of months now! In a downer today, but cheered up reading your good news.

Congrats again and beaming you big hugs xxxxxxx

rb30 Thu 10-Oct-13 00:43:41

Ps leons I hope you're ok. Ask the doc to do an ultrasound. And make sure if they see blood clots to investigate it properly. I was told I had a blood clot in my womb after mc which turned out to be a polyp...not trying to scare, I'm sorry. I hope it all goes well for you. Fingers crossed xxx

cheesysmile Thu 10-Oct-13 18:53:29

Thanks rb, good to hear from you.

So sorry ur appt was cancelled, have they rescheduled for you?

MrsA you wouldn't be symptom spotting at 5dpo wud you?! Ha ha ... I was the same last mth, keeping FX for you, not too much longer to wait now.

MrsAnderson22 Thu 10-Oct-13 19:21:54

cheesy I've been symptom spotting since 1dpo haha! hate this waiting but I can't wait to start poas! so another question for all you lucky ones, I know everyone is different but when did you start testing? and what brand should I use for early testing? I'm in the 1ww as of today :/ xx

Leons Thu 10-Oct-13 21:37:00

good to hear from u rb30. I have an ultrasound on 29 Oct and results from blood test has proved that Im an anaemic so a course of iron tablets for me.

cheesysmile Fri 11-Oct-13 20:01:28

MrsA I tested at 13dpo. I double dipped with a superdrug first then as that was bfp a CB digi which was 1-2wks at that point.

I think superdrug tests are one of the most sensitive.

Happy 1 wk wait ...

HollyBen Sat 12-Oct-13 10:43:25

Hi all. I am relatively new to mums net and have seen this thread a few times and thought that might be useful for me but was put of my the number of replies. However last night I made some time to read through and found it really helpful. You all sound really lovely so I hope you don't mind me joining in rather late in the day. Sorry to hear about your losses and yay and fingers crossed all goes well for those with BFPs.

We are TTC DC2 (DD is 2.5). It took 8 months to get a BFP first time round only to MC at start bleeding at around 10 weeks. MC confirmed and EPRC at 11 weeks in March 2010. We were lucky to get another BFP a couple of months later and DD was born in March 2011.

Started TTC in May. Was expecting it to take a while so we really excited to get a BFP in August. Did a test on Saturday at 4+4 and started bleeding at 5+2. 2 calls too the EPU and went in for a scan. I was around 5+5. They could see a sac and no reason for the bleed so said I could come back in 2 weeks. I continued to bleed and it was the longest 2 weeks ever. At the next scan there was still a sac though it was abnormally shaped and they were pretty clear that this was likely to be a failed pregnancy. However as it was measuring correctly and had grown since scan 1 we had to wait another week for another scan. Another long long week to the 3rd scan where they confirmed there had been no further growth. I opted for an EPRC the next day. Bled for 10 days after. And had a BFN after 3 weeks. Not actively been TTC but have DTD. I am now cd31 and no real signs of AF. I mad desperately resisting the urge to POAS to avoid disappointment. I will be 40 next year. I am not fussed about it, but kinda wanted DC2 before. So just want to get on with it!!

Well that turned into quite essay. Hope I haven't bored you all

MrsRV Sat 12-Oct-13 17:47:20

Hi HollyBen

So pleased you joined us! In the end! :-) it saddens me deeply to hear each persons story and I'm sorry you've had to go through what you have.

I'm sure it will only be a matter of time until BFP.

I'm 9 weeks now. Currently lying in bed with the most awful sickness & diarrhoea bug. Have been to the out of hours centre & they have reassured me it won't affect the baby. Have missed my niece's first birthday party and DD has been shipped off for the day to hubby's family. Feel totally shit & missing my baba.

Cry cry, sob sob hmm

How's everyone else? x

HollyBen Sat 12-Oct-13 19:03:44

Hi Mrs RV I would have posted last night but It took me so long to read the thread I was ready for bed (complete lightweight on the late night front).

Sorry to hear your are not well but reassuring that no affect on the baby.

I am swinging between trying to convince myself I might get a BFP (feeling a bit queasy, funny turn at gym last night any slight tenderness in my boobs) and looking forward to AF so I will have some idea where I am in my cycle. I tried ov tests when we were first TTC and I never on got a positive result. Also dried temping but it was just all over the place. That way madness lies I think!! Really hoping to stay away this time....

Try and relax and hope you feel better soon

cheesysmile Sun 13-Oct-13 10:42:50

Welcome Holly smile

Sorry to hear abt ur loss. I hope you get ur bfp soon. You are supposed to be pretty fertile after a mc so FX for you.

I'm 6 wks now, symptoms kicking in a bit now but im still nervous and dont think I'll fully believe until 12 wks.

cheesysmile Sun 13-Oct-13 10:45:03

Sorry meant to say feel better soon MrsRV flowers

Luckystar1 Sun 13-Oct-13 18:31:47

Hello may I join please?? I had a mmc at 10 weeks last month. Got my first af today so just waiting for her to go so we can get some action!! Congrats on the bfps, hopefully I will be lucky too!

Can I enquiry as to conception methods... How often have you been dtd?

HollyBen Sun 13-Oct-13 22:10:52

Hi lucky star. Sorry to hear of your loss. If you don't mind asking what date last month was you MC? I am now CD33 if I count my EPRC as CD1 and no signs of AF. So ladies how long should I hold out POAS? Don't know if I can face a BFN but if I keep clinging to the hope and AF gets me I might be more crushed confused

Luckystar1 Mon 14-Oct-13 07:22:44

Hi Hollie, it was on 5 Sept at exactly 10 weeks. I had a missed miscarriage and opted for medical management. I was poas like a mad woman as I was still getting bfps right before my af. Annoying to say the least!

Fx crossed for you, it's such a horrible thing, I still feel very low some days, but I bought conceive plus so we'll be 'knuckling' down this month!!

MrsAnderson22 Mon 14-Oct-13 11:38:38

hello newbies smile welcome! looking forward to going through your journey with you all!

3 days until AF due, not 'feeling' very positive, still keeping my fingers crossed though, DH is finding it hilarious how desperate I am to poas and is refusing to allow any in the house to avoid temptation ;) I could go buy some myself but I think he has the right idea ha.

hope everyone is well thanks
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now