Anyone trying for no 3?

(238 Posts)
ELR Tue 30-Jul-13 15:10:41

Going to start trying for a third in August, I already have a dd10 and a ds7. I don't mind a boy or a girl but if I could choose I would choose a girl as still have all dd gorgeous little dresses and cardigans don't know what happened to ds clothes!
Anyone else mad enough to try for a third??

WifeofGru Sun 22-Sep-13 01:33:07

Hello all, well cd5 here so about to start TTC. It's my birthday today so would be lovely to get pregnant with another LO this year.
Am overseas by the way hence the post late at night. It's evening time here on Saturday.
I know what you all mean about the pressure being off a bit for a third cos they really would be a blessing if it happens.
off to watch Breaking Bad Series 2 on Netflix.

basilafawlty Wed 25-Sep-13 15:58:22

Hi all. Belated happy birthday, wifeofgru - I hope you had a lovely day.

How's everyone doing? I'm due on today, though no sign of AF yet. Testing negative though so imagine it's on its way. I hadn't felt usual PMS symptoms this month so had got my hopes up, but last day or two I've felt very pre-menstrual. And am fairly sure pregnancy would have shown on tests by now. So, all in all, I'm pretty sure I'm out this month. Everyone else?

sparklesandfizz Wed 25-Sep-13 20:15:32

Hi there also starting to try for a third. 1st month of trying and already have dd6 and ds 4 all at school now so time definitely right. Fingers crossed it happens as quickly this time round. Can't wait but enjoying trying at the mo!

HisLommel Wed 25-Sep-13 20:19:47

Hi I'm another ttc#3! I'm 27 and have two sons from a previous marriage - 9 and 7 in 3 weeks. OH also has two sons from a previous marriage so this will be our fifth! Had my Mirena out on Monday and bled a bit today. Not sure if that's CD1 - I thought it was but it's stopped again. Testing with OPK every day to try and catch ov :-)

ThreeGoMad Wed 25-Sep-13 23:28:09

Hello to the fellow crazies newcomers wink

Good luck Basil and ELR! Totally agree about the gradual let down of early testing.

I'm 8DPO and absolutely zero symptoms, though do have a little pre-menstrual nest of spots on my nose so not hopeful for this month. Planning to try to wait until Friday to test (10 DPO) but suspect I might cave and do it tomorrow instead ... blush

ELR Fri 27-Sep-13 20:21:08

Hi everyone, well I'm out this month! Got af yesterday so will try again next month, and hope for third tine lucky.

Welcome to all newcomers.
three how did you get on?

basilafawlty Fri 27-Sep-13 21:32:18

Me too, ELR! I came on yesterday as well. I hope for better luck next month for us both!

Welcome, sparkles and hislommel.

ThreeGoMad Sat 28-Sep-13 00:57:32

BFN this morning but only 10DPO. Run out of cheap eBay tests! Still symptomless.

Sorry about dual arrival of AF sad

ThreeGoMad Sat 28-Sep-13 22:53:20

BFN at 11DPO. Am (sorry) constipated though, which is unusual for me. Though have been eating a LOT of crap in the run up to DD's birthday and party!

It was her birthday yesterday and we all went to the beach. It was a gorgeous day and it was all so perfect. I know that even if #3 doesn't happen I'm pretty happy with my lot smile

OrangeFizz99 Mon 30-Sep-13 14:11:29

2 dc, one 3.5 and one 19 months...

Its a bit crazy but we want no3...

cd 12 here, dh away, back on cd14 so he better come back ready to perform smile

Fingers crossed constipation is pg related and not party food related three!

ThreeGoMad Mon 30-Sep-13 20:58:33

Thanks Orange Felt sick as a dog all day sad but still getting BFNs so assuming I've picked up a bug from somewhere rather than morning sickness. AF due tomorrow ...

Hope Mr Orange is up for action wink

ThreeGoMad Tue 01-Oct-13 23:00:04

AF. You can't fault my cycle!

WifeofGru Wed 02-Oct-13 00:53:34

Hello,
Welcome newcomers.
Sorry those with AF.
Into the two week wait now. Feeling very relaxed. life is good at the moment and so just happy to wait our turn for a BFP. I had awful nausea with first 2 DC so not looking forward to that!

sparklesandfizz Wed 02-Oct-13 09:55:18

Snap gru, if I really think back to the vomiting and how awful I felt with both of them I wonder why we are going for it again. Far enough removed to not really remember and for the rose tinted retro spectacles to have worked their magic I guess. Life also good for us, plenty to look forward to with or without baby on board so if its not our month we'll try again next. Other children at school, have day off work and really enjoying a bit of r&r.

Nicenicebaby Wed 02-Oct-13 20:44:02

Hi everyone, trying for number 3 - decided in a moment of madness to go for it & you lovely people are making me think it's not such a crazy idea after all... I have 2 DD, 5 & 17 months. Would be utterly delighted to have no. 3 v soon. Any more news from anyone?

basilafawlty Thu 03-Oct-13 09:17:20

Sorry AF got you, three. Welcome to those joining us.

I feel really touched reading how happy everyone is with or without baby. I feel the same. We are very lucky and blessed. I think it's because life is so good that I want another - I sort of feel that life is such a wonderful thing that I want to pass it on, iyswim? I feel so very sorry for people who are waiting for their first BFP and very aware of how lucky we on this thread are to already have two dc.

tiffs Thu 03-Oct-13 12:27:57

Hi all

Can I join to please? DH and I are going to start trying for number 3 next year but it so nice to see that im not the only one out there thinking about it.
Ive got a dd aged 5 (6 in November) and a ds aged 2 (3 in december). The dh has always said that he only wants 2 but i have always said that I would love another one. A few weeks ago dh changed his mind but we both agreed we need to wait until next year as im not in the best physical shape (not lost preg weight from ds yet) and also gives us time to upgrade the car and make space.
Hope you dont mind me tagging along.
Wishing you all lots of luck smile

sparklesandfizz Thu 03-Oct-13 12:48:26

Tiffs hi there, I'm also currently trying to get rid of all those excess pounds (stones who am I trying to kid!) that have crept up over the years. Started dieting just over a month ago and have lost 1 st 4 lb. We are in the 1st month of ttc and tbh if this month isn't our time then that's fine and hopefully I'll have lost another stone this time next mth, it's really helping me to stay positive and feel like I'm doing something good for the beautiful family I have and the new addition who will hopefully be joining us soon. Took kids swimming and bike riding last weekend and had a blast. Am d9po and trying not to get too excited, no symptoms at all as yet. Therefore let the wt loss continue...

SarahBumBarer Fri 04-Oct-13 13:49:18

Hi everyone. Not been around for ages as I had an age to wait for my coil to be removed. Finally got the damn thing out so ready to begin. Missed any chance for October though although stupidly I know I will be a bit glum when AF arrives next week. Love the idea of trying a bit of weight loss while waiting sparkles although I expect morning sickness will help with that again as it did previously!

Have a good weekend everyone.

ELR Fri 04-Oct-13 17:09:05

Hi everyone, welcome to the newcomers! Just read everyone comments about being lucky to already have kids ect and it is so true another baby would be great but if it doesn't happen life is still great with the two I've got!
Cd 9 today, so almost time for dtd like crazy! But before that a little bit of me time, tomorrow I'm off on an overnight spa to Brighton with the girls so will come back all relaxed and will have missed DH so will be more than happy to dtd! He's working from home on Monday too which will hopefully be close to ovulation.
How's everyone else doing?
sparkles total get where you are coming from with the forgetting how sick you were. I was terrible with both of mine, I think I'm just pretending it wasn't that bad!!

OrangeFizz99 Sat 05-Oct-13 15:18:48

We missed this month too - dh did not come back ready to dtd like crazy on cd14 but with a tummy bug instead!

Onto next month! I also agree that ttc3 is a much more relaxing experience than the other two - esp ttc2 where I may have gone a little crazy.

Good luck to everyone approaching ov time.

Nicenicebaby Sun 06-Oct-13 21:21:07

Evening, loved the comments about being lucky with our lot. I feel like that often & I'm so grateful to have my 2 already. Ventured onto one of the other threads re conceiving & I realise how hard it can be to get that BFP.
Having said that I'm feeling really pregnant - I think you know that queasy feeling when it's happening for the 3rd time... AF due this week so I will either be eating my words or feeling queasy for a long time!!

ELR Mon 07-Oct-13 07:58:09

Fingers crossed nice

Nicenicebaby Mon 07-Oct-13 19:43:38

Thanks ELR! Caved in a bought a 1st response on the way home from work. Totally over the moon - I got my BFP!!!!
Didn't give us a chance to change our mind - that moment of madness is now more than just a moment. Argghhhh! So excited. Haven't told DH yet as he is overseas... We only DTD once while he was home & he's never going to believe this...

ELR Tue 08-Oct-13 09:26:58

Woo hoo that's great! Congratulations.
It does only take once! Lol
Finding hard to manage to do it at the right time.
1st cycle DH got stage fright and then we had a delayed flight so spent 36 hours travelling and missed ovulation!
2nd cycle DH was working away and then was super tired so only managed it twice but was a few days before my fertile window.
And now this month I've been away for the weekend came back yesterday cd13 and DH has a terrible cold!! He is working away tomorrow but due to his cold he is working from home today cd14 so I am going to try and seduce him! Will load him up on tablets in a minute and hope it will make him feel better.
I am a bit annoyed especially as DH is so chilled about it saying its fine we have loads of time, there's no rush!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now