Anyone trying for no 3?

(238 Posts)
ELR Tue 30-Jul-13 15:10:41

Going to start trying for a third in August, I already have a dd10 and a ds7. I don't mind a boy or a girl but if I could choose I would choose a girl as still have all dd gorgeous little dresses and cardigans don't know what happened to ds clothes!
Anyone else mad enough to try for a third??

whenhenshaveteeth Sat 03-Aug-13 22:05:22

Turns out they can't! I went to the loo just after typing the previous post and guess what?

It's probably for the best, DS2 is only tiny and I want to keep enjoying babyhood. At the same time, the possibility of a third didn't scare me as much as I thought it would, so I think I'm going to enjoy my boys for now but never say never...

Good luck to you ladies!

ThreeGoMad Mon 05-Aug-13 14:03:15

Can I join please? smile

We have 4.5 yo DD and just 2 yo DS, which is a bigger gap than I wanted/planned for but going for similar this time round as it works well plus I was worried that the oldest might get left out if there was a bigger age gap between her and the middle than the younger two (I'm the oldest of three and there was a bigger age gap between me and #2 than between him and #3 ... !).

I'm 37 (yesterday!) so relatively old I guess - was later than I planned to be ttc tbh but see longer age gap than planned above ... We were really lucky and got pg within three months the first time, with DS it took ages due to still bfing messing up my cycles, but my cycle seems to be a nice regular 27-28 days atm so am hoping it will be a bit quicker this time smile

Could really do with August being our month for various reasons but we're going on a family camping trip while I'm OVing so not sure how that's going to work ...

I'm actually slightly terrified (I'm about to post a thread over on parenting about struggling with two sad) but I'm hoping it will get easier once they're out of the toddler phase ... (doesn't it?).

ELR Mon 05-Aug-13 20:03:46

Hi all, how is everyone doing? Just finishing my period so the ttd will start with a vengeance soon! hands can honestly say I've never had an ovulation buddy either!

Meee, Im trying for number 3.

I have dd, 6, and ds, 4. Concieved with both of them on 1st go, but I was only 18 and 20.

Now Im 25 and Im currently on cycle 4. Fucking FOUR! Im broken sad Although to be fair, DH was away with work during ovulation on months 1&2, so they didnt really count.

AF is due on the 12th. 7 days to go, its driving me demented.

Luxlisbon82 Tue 06-Aug-13 11:43:19

Yes! More people, we're all mad here, welcome! I'm in the start of the 2ww, but off to London for the last week of it it so no symptom spotting and lots of family fun, taking the boys to Harry potter studios etc. Af due day after I get back so not allowing myself to even contemplate poas till then.

Hope everyone is well, what stages are you all at?

maybe3x Tue 06-Aug-13 15:08:31

Yes meeee! Got 2 DS's age 7&4, always wanted 3 but has taken this long to persuade OH... We've been TTC for about 9 months on and off with no luck sad I'm 37 now and paranoid that I'm too old and my eggs have decided to pack in, got PG 1st time with both my boys and the 3MC I had so am worrying it might not happen. Anyway can I join madness of the trying for 3 bus?? smile

Handsfullandlovingit Tue 06-Aug-13 16:59:40

Hello there nutters! We might be a rare breed, but it's good to stick together. We are in the running up to ov stage so I have bought grapefruit juice in my lunch break. It doesn't look very nice but at least it is pink which is a slight compensation... I'm using my (turns out useless for contraception) persona as an ovulation predictor, but strangely forgot to test this morning at 4.30am when dh left for his flight waking the sprogs. Think it won't work this month then! I'm doing something quite tedious at work, so I keep doodling baby names on my papers. I must stop, or work will catch on! Good luck everyone.

maybe3x Tue 06-Aug-13 17:09:24

Hiya handsfull can I ask what's the significance of the grapefruit juice? I need to spend an evening Googling I think to revise all the getting pg hints since I'm having no luck!

Handsfullandlovingit Tue 06-Aug-13 19:40:28

Well, according to mumsnet wisdom recently dredged from these boards it's, um, meant to increase, um, ewcm. Ew, but frankly, whatever it takes after 4 months! I also read my v good nutrition book and one small glass has shedloads of vit c and other good stuff so it really can't hurt.

Hendricks Wed 07-Aug-13 09:10:23

Ooh - more people joining in the madness! Hello everyone - hope your BFPs aren't too long in coming.

I'm on the 2ww now, due the day after you on the 13th monkeyfacegrace I'm trying not to symptom spot metallic taste in mouth and a touch of nausea yesterday. I've ordered a couple of pregnancy tests from Superdrug. Hopefully as they've been sent standard delivery they won't turn up until Saturday so I can't use them until Sunday, so only 3 days early!

Bloob Wed 07-Aug-13 20:44:02

Ooh can I join?!

Think I could be slightly insane as have a 4 year old dd and a 13 month old ds. If we conceived this month we'd have a 22 month age gap shock

I don't think we'll have managed it though, I had my first period after having ds on the 19th July and despite doing loads of OPKs it didn't say I was ovulating once confused

We were also staying with my parents last week which inhibited us slightly!! grin

Is anyone else a little nervous?

Handsfullandlovingit Wed 07-Aug-13 22:33:57

Bloob, yes, I suspect lots of us feel nervous, I swing between broody and terrified at the prospect! We would have a 3 yr age gap if we get lucky this month, and that is plenty scary enough for me...

Currently trying to persuade dh to go into work late so I can sleep now and dtd in the morning, not working though, so off I go. Wish us luck, yawn!

I have a 23 month age gap between dd1 and dd2. It was manic but quite fun too smile

I'm aiming for 30 months between dc2 and 3 so dd1 will have just started school when dc3 is born. I need to conceive in January please ttc gods!

There was a good article yesterday on the Daily Mail Femail website (i know, I know...) about a woman who wanted 3 but who's dh wanted to stop at 2. It said everything I feel about 2 being too'neat' somehow.

Sometimes though, like this am, tyring to get to work with the dds both crying, three seems like madness!

ELR Thu 08-Aug-13 21:26:58

Hi all, so a bit tmi but dtd today and DH couldn't even after about 30 minutes of constant shagging!! He said it was the pressure of me expecting him to, I eventually got the hump which I suppose is what he is referring to! It's going to take ages to get pregnant if DH can't supply the goods!!

Handsfullandlovingit Thu 08-Aug-13 21:59:07

Oh ELR, you poor sausage, and your poor dh. I have absolutely no helpful advice (good stiff drink to jolly things up?) but wanted to sympathise. My dh occasionally has the opposite problem, but is somewhat, um, a bit worn out right now! Better luck next time. X

Elr, dh was like this with ttc no 1. A kind of performance anxiety. He got over it (obviously!) - fingers crossed your dh gets over it sooner rather than later too.

ELR Thu 08-Aug-13 22:53:55

He's always been one to go on for ever, usually I don't mind but the only thing on my mind today was come on get it over with so I can stick my legs in the air!! Terrible I know but my only thought was conception must of had an expected look on my face.
Thanks ladies for the sympathy.

Bloob Sat 10-Aug-13 00:35:24

More sympathy for you ELR.

Although you do paint a funny picture grin

ELR Sat 10-Aug-13 22:08:22

And now he's got a bloody cold!! It's going to be like sex in pretty women, as I def don't want a cold! No kissing!
Tomorrow day10 of cycle is supposed to be the first potential fertile day of the month, fingers crossed the stage fright has gone.....
How is everyone else doing?

Still waiting for dec!

We've told both sets of GPS we're thinking of a third and basically dh told my friends today so now I think I might get stage fright!

I veer from excited to totally and utterly petrified within the hour. 1 to 2 wasn't even a decision here, it was just taken for granted that we would. 2 to 3 seems much more major in comparison.

ELR Tue 13-Aug-13 00:11:09

Yay finally dtd! My first fertile day today so will have to try again Wednesday! Good luck everyone else.....

Whoop whoop! Fingers crossed for the first BFP on this thread!

Having slight panic attacks today about having 3 littlies as my dds are being mega energetic!

ELR Tue 13-Aug-13 10:19:05

I know what you mean pomme my two have been being little monkeys these last few days and I was thinking oh my god what am I doing but it soon changes back to oh a little baby wouldn't that be nice!!

dd2 just starting to do some words and talk a bit. Cannot imagine this being the last time I get to join in this stage with a child of mine. I do also just feel constantly like someone is missing, like life is too easy!

Have you spoken to your two about their being another sibing elr - what do they think? DD1 is constantly asking me for another baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now