Eggcellent Egg Buddies - For those IVF'ing in August, September, October

(1000 Posts)
BeetleBeetle Tue 30-Jul-13 09:33:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

eurochick Sat 24-Aug-13 11:25:56

And we're done. (I like to have the last word wink)

wishwash Sat 24-Aug-13 11:01:05

Uh oh! New thread.... Quick! shock

eurochick Sat 24-Aug-13 10:18:11

pip we haven't been told anything like that. I can never face it for a few days after ET though - everything down there just feels so clinical and messed about with. And this time I want to make sure that everything is healed and back to normal first.

There is an immunes theory that the "father's" sperm being present in the womb around the time of implantation is actually helpful. I haven't seen the evidence to back that up though.

Llw2 the pre-IVF freak out is a perfectly normal part of the process. I made mr euro hide our drugs because I couldn't bear looking at them.

nobeer I don't think PMT means anything either way. I had it with both my IVF cycles (and got positive tests both times) but I have had it on plenty of BFN cycles too!

starsandmoonandback Sat 24-Aug-13 10:08:08

I'm in awe of you girls who want sex!! Lol! I'm not interested at all during cycling! shock It worries me just in case. Pip, Most clinics advise no sex for first trimester if there is history of miscarriage, but I think clinics can differ in opinions on sex.

Llw, welcome aboard the train! It's exciting its all getting going. You'll get the hang of it all!

Nobeer, men see things in such a black and white way!! But they aren't the ones physically going through it, so guess its easy to see things that way! Don't lose faith yet honey, they signs really are too similar (af and pregnancy!) so hang on in there. I know it's a mad time. I can barely stop thinking about it for a minute! Argh.

Euro, are you working all weekend? Booooo! Great distraction though I'm sure. You're half way to test day woohoo! Not long now.

Dh back to work today so have had to get my arse out of bed. I'm still not feeling great, but hey ho.

nobeer Sat 24-Aug-13 09:43:07

Llw choo choo! Yep, it will send you slightly dolally! Good luck with it all, we'll be here if you have any questions and cheering you on.

Fab I think you did well to last an hour, seriously. Don't give yourself a hard time for leaving.

Afm, I had a slight stress this am. I felt quite pmtish so am convinced it hasn't worked. DP is of the opinion I am worrying too much and shouldn't think about it and I need to relax, oh and we won't know until Thursday anyway. He means well. I'm not going to do the Zita West relaxation thing today, because although it does help me relax for 20 mins or so, it does make me obsess too. I felt better after a good old cry.

Llw2 Sat 24-Aug-13 08:49:36

Thank you for the messages ladies. I am freaking out! We went to the appointment yesterday and left with drugs and an appointment for baseline scan and egg collection. Injections start on the 3rd but have no idea what I've been given to take between now and then! Just took them and figured best get them down the hatch. I don't know why I'm freaking out DH thinks im nuts, we've waited so long but now it's really happening, I think I expected another tick box appointment but now I'm on the train agghhhh! I've been following all your posts which are a real comfort, this process is nuts!

Pipbin Sat 24-Aug-13 07:53:39

I was told no unprotected sex and we'd rather not have any than use condoms.

eurochick Sat 24-Aug-13 07:52:27

Sorry about the night out fab. That doesn't sound ideal.

How do you feel today miss? Is it sinking in yet?

Another holiday tame? You lucky girl.

pip why no sex? I'm off it at the moment but only because of how sore everything was after the messed up EC and ET. I'll be back to it in a few more days!

I'm over halfway now - OTD is next Friday, but I plan to test Wednesday. Being so busy is helping the time fly by. But on the downside, it means that I'm heading to the office shortly. sad

Pipbin Sat 24-Aug-13 00:37:46

A quick post to say evening. MIL is staying so no time to catch up and post really.

Congratulations Miss.

OTD is a week today now! Funny thing is I just want it to be over now. I miss having a normal life, and I miss sex.

BrookerC Sat 24-Aug-13 00:09:23

Meat & potato pie, mushy peas, gravy & hendos tonight. Pure class.
biscuit biscuit tiddies all the way!

wishwash Fri 23-Aug-13 23:45:06

A bum hole after a vindaloo?

starsandmoonandback Fri 23-Aug-13 23:20:18

*loving. Not halving...wtf?!

starsandmoonandback Fri 23-Aug-13 23:19:56

Ha ha halving the suggestions...keep em coming!

wishwash Fri 23-Aug-13 22:56:53

A squeezed zit?!

wishwash Fri 23-Aug-13 22:55:58

A very infected breast? x

wishwash Fri 23-Aug-13 22:50:57

A Jammy D? x

starsandmoonandback Fri 23-Aug-13 21:20:18

Fab, you mean there's none left??! What??! Sorry you had to come home early from the BBQ, you're not a wuss at all and just in a sensitive place right now and quite understandably :hugs:

I had beef Provençal and broccoli spears fro my tea! Was yummy, but not prepared by Dh, but rather mr sainsburys bistro range! LOLwink however, Dh did choose it off the shelf grin

Night night MaryP

Hi to everyone else thanks

What is this by the way?? biscuit

Wimwom Fri 23-Aug-13 21:18:34

Congrats miss!
Been off Internet for few days - will catch up but in the mean time.... Hoorah for a bank hols! Enjoy everyone!

Fabuluce Fri 23-Aug-13 21:07:32

Brooks - hope you got some decent grub smile

Fabuluce Fri 23-Aug-13 21:06:57

Derek you're leaving us again?? When will you be back you lucky bugger?!

Fabuluce Fri 23-Aug-13 21:06:10

Damn, I wish I'd seen the messages earlier as you would all be more than welcome to come round for dinner....but we gobbled it all up ourselves!! Greedy pigglies!

I don't know how you ladies do work and study AND ivf - how do you have the time?? You're are amazing smile

We had our first night out tonight since our bad news on Monday - were supposed to be going over to a friends for some drinks then they changed the venue to their village fortnightly BBQ...which was basically full of happy young families. Not the most ideal of places to go for a night out after a bfn I can tell you. I lasted about an hour then had to come home. What a wuss hmm

WannabeMaryPoppins Fri 23-Aug-13 20:30:20

Evening ladies & Derek
Sorry for the short message & lack of personals. Have been out all day, am completely knackered & am about to go to bed but just wanted to say congrats to miss.
Night night x

BrookerC Fri 23-Aug-13 18:30:29

Well you're gonna be god damn perfick then wish grin I have spent many years' of my working life studying & it's hard to believe how much time it takes up until you stop! It is definitely worth it though well was in my case

BrookerC Fri 23-Aug-13 18:26:24

Fab I'm off to a party at a golf club & desperately hoping to get fed some yummy canapés etc. Risotto sounds - mmm mmmm!!

wishwash Fri 23-Aug-13 18:23:16

brooker yes you do have to be crazy... That's why im perfect for the course! :face twitches uncontrollably: hmppgggodffftttt!

This thread is not accepting new messages.